Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wish players would Tell the truth

edited August 2011 in General Charlton
With Nasri moving to city, I wish he just said it's because they will pay me a lot more money not all the rest of the rubbish they come up with

Comments

• Options
    With Nasri moving to city, I wish he just said it's because they will pay me a lot more money not all the rest of the rubbish they come up with
    Why what did he say? If he said "it's because Man City are a massive club with huge ambitions, and look like they are going to be the main challengers to Man United's crown" then he is not far off from the truth is he? 

However if he said "I have always wanted to live in Manchester and have heard a lot of good things about life in Northern England" then we all know he's talking borlacks
  • Options
    To be honest it probably is partly due to money. But man city's ambition is ten times more than arsenals. 6 years for le arse without silverware. Can't blame him for not hanging around. He will win trophies with city
  • Options
    The fans are more passionate and that's what he wants
  • Options

To be honest it probably is partly due to money. But man city's ambition is ten times more than arsenals. 6 years for le arse without silverware. Can't blame him for not hanging around. He will win trophies with city
    Think there is a difference between ambition and money.  I don't doubt Arsenal's ambition matches Man City's but their financial muscle does not.
  • Options
    edited August 2011

Yea I know arsenal are no where near city in terms of dough but you have to question arsenals/wengers ambition. They havent bought any title winners. Wengers to busy spunking money on kids. I know so many fans giving up there season tickets because prices going up and wenger not spending correctly. You need to spend in the prem unfortunately if you want to challenge for that title
  • Options
    Man Utd originally wanted to sign Nasri. The fact that he didn't try anywhere near as hard to get a move to United, but went whole-heartedly for City, says it all to me.

• Options
    How is it just for money?

Man City are genuine title contenders while Arsenal will struggle to make the top 4. Man City are a club on the up while Arsenal are selling their best players.

It's not for money, he's going to a team where he will win trophies. Simples.
  • Options
    @CharltonFan94

Its for money, Man Utd guaranteed to win trophies most years, they have the history etc. 

Man City are giving out ridiculous wages (Adebayor 170k a week approx)
  • Options
    Man Utd cooled their interest. He didn't really choose between United and City. Yes, he's getting massive wages, but the move isn't based solely on money. It's not like he left for that Russian team lol, City are a brilliant side who are going to challenge for trophies now. He will win more trophies at City than he would at Arsenal and that's why I think he's moved. I think if United had kept their interest and if both Manchester teams had bids accepted then he'd have gone to United.
  • Options
    Course it's about money, very nieve if you think any different.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Footballing terms - Man Utd

Money Terms - Man City

It's that simple!
  • Options
    It's not JUST about money though. he went to win more trophies and be successful. And United wasn't an option for Nasri, they cooled their interest, I've already said I think he would have gone there if he had to choose.
  • Options
    Why did United cool their interest then?
  • Options

None of us know for certain why mate. Arsenal rejected a bid from United of about 20 million and maybe United thought he wasn't worth anymore than that with only a eyar left on his contract and there were rumours Arsenal were refusing to sell him to United anyway (I don't know if there's any truth in the rumour).

Maybe it's because they wanted Sneijder instead, or that Fergie was happy with his squad. Especially after seeing Cleverly's improvement.

I don't know the reason why, neither do any of us.

• Options
    I think part of it is money but he has more chance of winning trophies at city.

Id say footballing terms - man utd/man city

Money terms - man city

Ambition/challenging for trophies if you had to pick between arsenal and man city at the mo obviously city are miles ahead of le arse.

Wenger could have tried getting given. Still a quality keeper. They should be going for G.Cahill and I understand there after jagielka. Could try for Scott parker.

Yet wenger would rather buy that Oxlade chamberlain fella and dodgy foreigners who haven't played premier league football.

If wenger put in a 10 mil bid for cahill and bolton asked for 13 mil wenger would be stubborn enough to walk away from the deal
  • Options
    wouldn't happen but I'd like to see a League 2 club bid for say Nasri and offer 200k a week wages and see what would happen. My guess is that he'd sign. Greedy money grabbing bastards the lot of them.
  • Options
    He was getting death threats weeks before he had even signed for Man City. I don't blame him.
  • Options
    wouldn't happen but I'd like to see a League 2 club bid for say Nasri and offer 200k a week wages and see what would happen. My guess is that he'd sign. Greedy money grabbing bastards the lot of them.
    I can confirm now that, in the peak of his career, that Samir Nasri would not sign for Crawley Town if they offered him 200k a week.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited August 2011

Sol Campbell to a much lesser extent, an example of that.
  • Options
    You can guess, you can't confirm!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For something as ridiculous as that, yes I can lol.

The Sol Campbell situation is different, he wasn't in the peak of his career, he was a shadow of the player he once was and was at the wrong end of 30 when he moved (purely for money). I doubt he'd have done that in his prime in say 2004.
  • Options
    I think part of it is money but he has more chance of winning trophies at city.

Id say footballing terms - man utd/man city

Money terms - man city

Ambition/challenging for trophies if you had to pick between arsenal and man city at the mo obviously city are miles ahead of le arse.

Wenger could have tried getting given. Still a quality keeper. They should be going for G.Cahill and I understand there after jagielka. Could try for Scott parker.

Yet wenger would rather buy that Oxlade chamberlain fella and dodgy foreigners who haven't played premier league football.

If wenger put in a 10 mil bid for cahill and bolton asked for 13 mil wenger would be stubborn enough to walk away from the deal
    I heard a rumour somewhere that all the coaching staff at Arsenal were trying to persuade Wenger to buy Parker as he is exactly the type of midfielder they need but he was having none of it due to his age and the price West Ham were asking.

IMO he is exactly the type of midfield enforcer they need at the moment and would not look out of place in any of the top 4 teams in the Premier league. With nearly £50 million burning a hole in his pocket I think he should swallow his pride and give the Hammers the £7 - 8 million they want. A midfield of Wiltshire, Parker and another top draw signing would go some way to plugging the gaps left by Fabregas and Nasri.
  • Options
    I think I have 100% more respect for Arsenal as a team than Man City.
  • Options

City have brought in genuinely exciting players.  I like having people like Baliotelli, Toure and Aguerro coming into our league.  Maybe if we were in the prem it would irritate me a bit, but as it is having 5-6 teams competing at the top of the league must be better than having three.  Lets face it all of the top teams benefit from tidy investment, TV companies giving them disproprtionate coverage and plastic fans throwing money at them.

I recall a lot of happy faces celebrating around the Valley when there was a sniff of us getting a bit of undeserved oil money, and not so many protesting about how it might make us less of a team.

• Options
    I hope Nasri does well at Man City , but he has only had 1 good season at Arsenal and has been very injury prone , City do seem to like paying over the odds for players, in their pursuit of silverware.
  • Options

When you go for a job interview, do you tell the 100% truth. Especially when they ask you 'why do you want to come and work for this company'?

Do you say I need and job, you have a vacency or do you say how much you admire the organisation and feel your skills are suited to the role blah blah blah.

• Options
    My 1st questions are how much wedge will I get and whats my annual leave like :D
  • Options
    My 1st questions are how much wedge will I get and whats my annual leave like :D
    Hahaha good one
  • Options
    For something as ridiculous as that, yes I can lol.

The Sol Campbell situation is different, he wasn't in the peak of his career, he was a shadow of the player he once was and was at the wrong end of 30 when he moved (purely for money). I doubt he'd have done that in his prime in say 2004.

Are you Nasri? If not, then no you can't. If you are get orf our laaand... 
  • Options
    Don't you ask about the quality of the birds?