Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hypothetical question of the day.

Given where we are in the table and how important this year is to us would you accept the season ending now, with us going up but having to wait until next August to start in Championship? Or would you rather take our chances over the course of the season?

Stupid question I know but the answer probably tells you a lot about how you view the game and our chances.

Comments

• Options
    Ha ha!

Do I get a refund on my season ticket?  Usually I'd take promotion all day long but I get the feeling that we are going to see something special this year so I'll take my chances.
  • Options
    promotion is 'the aim'. the quicker we get there the better!
  • Options
    Ha ha!

Do I get a refund on my season ticket?  Usually I'd take promotion all day long but I get the feeling that we are going to see something special this year so I'll take my chances.

My thoughts as well ... last 3-4 years I'd have said stop the season now ... but I'm looking forward to this one, so would take the chance
  • Options
    Stop it now!
  • Options
    Should have promotion wrapped up by February. The eternal optimist :-0
  • Options
    Let the season takes it's natural course. I couldnt cope with no football for a year.
  • Options
    No question for me, lets have footie for the winter.
  • Options
    Footie all day, its all about the balls, balls, balls, footie, footie, footie.

You could ask this question every season and never ever get to watch a match.
  • Options
    When the season ends with us missing out on promotion can we come back to this thread and blame all the people who wanted to see the season out?
  • Options

Without any shadow of a doubt now.

Promotion & you get to do all those little jobs around the house you've been putting off, shopping at Bluewater, long walks in the countryside.............

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Go the distance and watch us do a whole season unbeaten!
  • Options
    Yeah the CAFC unbeaten run has only just begun so lets all get ready for some fun.
    See what I did there ;)
  • Options
    I'm hoping we're promoted by Christmas ;0
  • Options

I forget to answer my own question.

In an oohahhhh...stylie I reckon I'd go 90% see what happens, 9.9% take it now, 0.1% stick around for another year to make sure we are ready for the push back up the leagues ;-)

• Options
    Let the season takes it's natural course. I couldnt cope with no football for a year.

This !!
  • Options
    I'll answer at 5pm on Saturday lol
  • Options
    You're right - stupid question!  But I hate this league - I'd take it now, celebrate and look forward to next August.
  • Options

Why not? You've coped without football for several seasons...
  • Options
    i think we'd have to continue the season 
    based purely on the fact charlton life get so boring during the non season 
    and i spend half my life on here and its easier to read charlton football twaddle rather than read about politics or other grown up shit 
    although the need for promotion and getting out of this pub league is paramount i dont consider charlton to be where i get my football fix , it's where i get my charlton fix 
    charlton has rarely been the place for wonderful football , that can be seen on the telly when the proper football teams play .... with all their plastic fans who have the cheek to support a good side rather than a real team that is completely wank most of the time 
  • Options
    Let's see it out and earn promotion. Show the footballing world that WE ARE BACK!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you'd asked last week Id have said shut the season now. But now we are not Champions Play On !
  • Options
    I'll answer at 5pm on Saturday lol

I would say play on, although it would be great to be playing championship football next season. The thrill of the ride can't be bought. You can't buy the excitement and the emotions that come with a season that has its ups and downs (hopefully not so many downs). You also can't buy the experience the players are getting playing together and the learning curve that Chris Powell is going through on the way to the Championship. 
  • Options
    I suppose it would give us the opportunity to arange a few friendlies:-

Juventus
    Barcelona
    Arsenal
    Dulwich Hamlet
    Boca Juniors
     etc,.

Yes that could be fun
  • Options
    What about now then? Had enough and happy to take the medals and watch the rest unfold or want to carry on and see what happens?
  • Options
    We're going up. Let's see it through to the end.
  • Options
    defo want to play it out in its glory, BA

and you are right - it does reveal a certain confidence when coming to that conclusion
  • Options
    No way should we stop now, I want to see some siverware, get peed up and sing We Are The Champions at the top of my tuneless voice.