Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Le Fondre

edited August 2011 in General Charlton
Looks set for a move to Reading. Will be interesting to see how he does in the Championship seeing as most on here don't think he can even hack it in League 1

Comments

• Options
    He could do with a season or two in L1 first. L2 to champ is a big step to make as izale mcleod found out.
  • Options
    still think Izale could have done a job for us. I wonder if i'll feel like i do about scott mcgleish in years to come??
  • Options
    I think the problem with McLeod, Fleetwood, Dickson et al was they were signed off rich form in a lower league and were then immediately benched. Granted they weren't particularly great players anyway but picking up players with a single season's form and then restricting them to cameo sub appearances and cup matches is hardly going to result in goals galore at a higher level.
  • Options
    Hmmm.........also they were shit  ;-)
  • Options
    I think the problem with McLeod, Fleetwood, Dickson et al was they wereall not good enough and should have been left well alone.
  • Options
    ALF is shit. Powell said months ago he wasn't interested. Why waste bandwidth on this or Cody MacDonald rubbish. Schlupp is our secondary 20-a-season man. End of.
  • Options
    ALF is shit. Powell said months ago he wasn't interested. Why waste bandwidth on this or Cody MacDonald rubbish. Schlupp is our secondary 20-a-season man. End of.
    I agree about ALF, although not 100% sure about McDonald.

Schlupp might be the answer but I can see problems with it. His club probably want to keep him around but if they do allow him to go on loan it will only be on the guarantee of him playing regularly, which could cause a disruption amongst 'our' players. I would also imagine that in case of injury to any of their other strikers, Leicester include a recall option in the deal. Now what if a week after the window closes, one of their stikers picks up a long term injury? They will then recall schlupp, leaving us short handed.

It may be a pessimistic outlook but I don't see loan players as the ideal solution except in emergencies.
  • Options
    Reading 350k
  • Options
    Poor Wednesday.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    "Le Fondre leaves after scoring 58 goals in 105 appearances since
    arriving two years ago in a £125,000 deal from Rochdale who had a
    sell-on clause in the original deal."

Ah, there's a sell-on clause  ......which I suppose explains why Rotherham are seeking the highest price they can get.
    They'll want a decent wedge of cash for themselves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've been waiting to see him play at a higher level, let's see what he's got
  • Options
    its a big step up but thats the chance you need to take look at shane long they got him from irish league an he was immense think he will do well given time
  • Options
    I'm in two minds about whether he can make it, currently he's a big fish in a small pond or at least was, so perhaps didn't have to graft that hard, but Reading are struggling and he'll have to work hard to score goals. It'll be the making of him if he can make the move work.
  • Options
    great signing for reading full stop!
  • Options
    So we would have only needed to sell benson and find an extra 200k to sign Le Fondre then earlier this summer.
  • Options
    So we would have only needed to sell benson and find an extra 200k to sign Le Fondre then earlier this summer.

Yeah - and if Powell was interested (which he has always stated he isn't)

Le Fondre is poop. He'll never succeed above league 2 as he has no pace and the first touch of Amdy Faye.
  • Options
     and the first touch of Amdy Faye.
    haha qaulity
  • Options
    He's got a Championship club, I suspect Reading were interested for a while
  • Options
    I still think that Benson will be a great striker for us this season if he gets the chance.