Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Benson (Parkinson Confirms Bradford Interest)

Rumours going round up North that he could be on his way to Rotherham, surely unlikely after turning down Notts ?

Comments

• Options
    Where have you seen these rumours jnr?
  • Options
    First Luton now Rotherham... He isn't exactly aiming high is he? 
  • Options
    Part ex?
  • Options
    Rotherham fans forums.  
  • Options
    In part exchange for Le Fondre?
  • Options
    Part ex?
    we agree.. Benson for Le Fondre, plus 1/2 million for us?
  • Options
    Part ex?
    Thistle?
  • Options

Think he wants to stay in the south.

Hope that's with Charlton.

• Options
    Yep, turned down Luton for not unsettling family so Rotherham seems the obvious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep, turned down Luton for not unsettling family so Rotherham seems the obvious.

What ? He turned down Notts County because he didn't want to uproot. He wouldn't have to do that with Luton as it would be less than an hours commute from where he lives. I'd expect Rotherham to go the same way as Notts County unless they offer a 3 year deal.
  • Options
    Bloody ridiculous.  We should be striving to keep him.  We are not going to get a better 2nd striker than this for anything like what we'll get for him.  Short sighted.
  • Options
    Bloody ridiculous.  We should be striving to keep him.  We are not going to get a better 2nd striker than this for anything like what we'll get for him.  Short sighted.

How do you know that we havnt more money to spend? It could mean that adding Benno's fee to the pot means we can manage to get in another two good strikers, which we need to do IMO. We are akwats going to struggle playing BWP week in week out and Euell isn't the answer. We need two strikers if Benno goes and if he does then those coming in will be better.
  • Options

How do you know that we havnt more money to spend? It could mean that adding Benno's fee to the pot means we can manage to get in another two good strikers, which we need to do IMO. We are akwats going to struggle playing BWP week in week out and Euell isn't the answer. We need two strikers if Benno goes and if he does then those coming in will be better.
    Agree with what Large says, and would add there is no one in our current squad who is indespensable, providing we can afford better.  I like Benson but if we can get good money for him and invest it in better then its a no brainer.
  • Options
    ? Maybe I'm being dense. My point is that I don't think we'll get a better striker for the same money we are likley to get for Benson. We could spend the money we already have on another striker, but I don't think what we'll get for Benno will suddenly enable us to get two 500k strikers.

I've never plasyed FM so maybe I don't understand ;0)
  • Options
    ? Maybe I'm being dense. My point is that I don't think we'll get a better striker for the same money we are likley to get for Benson. We could spend the money we already have on another striker, but I don't think what we'll get for Benno will suddenly enable us to get two 500k strikers.

I've never plasyed FM so maybe I don't understand ;0)

There is an unknowable here, we don't know what budget is left.

Say we get £200k for Elliot and £150k for Benno, that and a bit of cash could fund the acquisition of a decent player at this level.

• Options
    Looks like a done deal almost reading Bradford forums. Just hope we can sign someone to replace him otherwise it'll be a bad move by us.
  • Options
    Would be a brilliant signing for Bradford, it's an interesting one for us really as I think he is a better player than Euell but Euell is getting picked for the bench because he can play midfield.5 subs or not, I'm sure we can afford to have an out and out striker on the bench.
  • Options
    Plus, 400k bought grant holt didn't it?
  • Options
    Looks like a done deal almost reading Bradford forums. Just hope we can sign someone to replace him otherwise it'll be a bad move by us.

I don't for one minute believe that they would let Benno go without having at leas one striker lined up to come in, probably two.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Isn't it now all about a complete clear out of the Parky stable?   Benno liked Parky enormously as did Robbie.  Reidy has gone to join Parky and presumably has taken a hefty pay cut. I think there was quite a bit of upset amongst the squad about the manner of Parky's dismissal.  Mick Collins was posting cryptic tweets about there being no bad influences on the team coach home this weekend, presumably a reference to Robbie. We needed a fresh start, we all wanted a fresh start and we're getting it. In Chrissy I trust. 
  • Options
    What's Mick Collins' tweeter account name?
  • Options
    I get the impression that Benno was the preffered first choice striker when parky was here, and has slipped to  third choice striker after Hayes and BWP. Never convinced that he could get us the 20 goals a season as exclaimed by the previous club, and the non move to Notts County seemed to show a lack of belief  in his own ability, as he has not shown at Charlton that he is a  consistent main striker like BWP.

Yes a decent back up, squad player, who tries hard, but with Jason back the guy seems to have alerted his agent to get his arse out of Charlton.

This is of course all complete speculation, but probably as accurate as Cawley ( so not very accurate then)

Bye Benno?
  • Options
    Benno is a good striker, makes absolutely no sense at all to me to getting shot of him
  • Options
    Benno is a good striker, makes absolutely no sense at all to me to getting shot of him

Unless we have two centre forwards joining us before the end of the transfer window !   ;-)
  • Options
    Ken, I think declining Notts County had a lot more to do with his family and length of contract than any lack of confidence but it does appear he'll be off. If not I'm happy to keep him but reckon we've lined up one or two, dependent on his departure.
  • Options
    The problem is that the squad is probably a striker light including Benno. Who are we going to bring in who is better than Benno who will be content to be a reserve?
  • Options
    The problem is that the squad is probably a striker light including Benno. Who are we going to bring in who is better than Benno who will be content to be a reserve?
    BWP wont play every game this year, and if we got Lee Barnard for instance, he would surely stand a very good chance of dislodging Hayes (not that he hasnt impressed)

All depends who comes in of course.
  • Options
    if he turned down Notts County because of distance then surely Rotherham and Bradford are out of contention too UNLESS one of them offers a 32 yr old a three year deal. Rumour was we accepted a bid of 160k from Luton so maybe they will offer decent terms too and he won't have to uproot his family at all.
  • Options
    But non league - would he want that? I suppose the writing is on the wall for him - the team is probably going to get promoted and Championship is too high but he can do a good job in league 1 and it wil take Luton at least 2 seasons to reach that level. Bradford would be a better bet for him.