Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ITV News - the bloke in Idaho

Anyone just seen this? Some bloke in Idaho (the home town of the pilot involved in the friendly fire incident)

I'm sitting here absolutely gobsmacked.

He's apparently a close friend of the pilot who fired on our troops. When asked about the pilot, here's what he said:

"He is a hero, and it's a damn good thing that we have heroes like him, in the United States, to do the fighting we've got to do against terrorists around the World, and you guys better get on board and that whole damn country of yours and along with the rest of Europe, if you're going to go merrily sucking your thumb like you did in World War 2.

We don't need your damn help, we need your co-operation, that's all we need out of you guys, and it's hard even to get that. We know you can't shoot, move and communicate but we'd sure as hell like your co-operation anyway"

Comments

• Options
    he really said that?

nice bloke
  • Options
    God, id have wanted to boot the tv. Im not going to generalise about americans because i work in a very small US law firm and they are good people, but in my travels ive met quite a few like that.

I remember when i was backpacking and trying to refrain myself from throttling an obnoxious dildo who was laughing that a "little bit of friendly fire didnt do any harm"... thought the whole idea was hilarious. Was raging.

small town mentality - the bloke from Idaho probably doesnt have a passport and has probably never left his country.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]trying to refrain myself from throttling an obnoxious dildo

lol
  • Options
    I heard about it from my brother. People like that make me sick. Their ignorance is utterly appalling - the fact that a nation whose 'heartland' consists of clueless inbreeds like that is the most powerful on Earth is a disgrace. What makes it worse is that everybody now assumes that all Americans are the same. They're not - there is a MASSIVE anti-Bush feeling in the US but, for some stupid reason, they still voted the fucker back into office.

Make no mistake about it, despite the fact that US politics is probably further to the right than any other 'democracy' in the world, this is an entirely Republican war. the Democrats might not shower themselves in glory when they (inevitably) win the next election, but you can be damn sure that they'll stop the current charade in Iraq, Iran or wherever else the current administration's cronies have pushed US troops into by then.

I have had a fist fight with an American over their involvement in the middle East in the past - not because they wouldn't understand my point of view (I've had plenty of discussions about the same subject, with French, Arabic, English, Canadian and Jewish people) but because he made remarks that were so insensitive that they made me feel ill. Whilst these fair shores have their share of ignorant people, I'd venture there isn't a single person anywhere on these isles that is as loathesomely ignorant as our 'friends' in 'middle America'.

PS: Idaho is a state, not a city :o)
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    "small town" sounds better

i must find this to show my colleagues.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]small town mentality - the bloke from Idaho probably doesnt have a passport and has probably never left his country.

That's the worst thing about it - they introduced him as a Vietnam veteran.

I should be asleep by now, but I'm absolutely livid at what I've seen. Agree with you though, a lot of American's aren't like that at all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]he really said that?

nice bloke

Yep he really said that. I thought I'd misheard him, but a quick rewind and it confirmed my fears...
  • Options
    My Aunt came into the front room incredulus after watching it, she was so angry & she went through the whole interview word for word for me. Must be careful not to make generalisations about people but that bloke in particular is a prize **** !
  • Options
    More Americans claim to have been abudcted by Aliens than have passports...
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    My parents pulled into a gas station outside Philli a few years back and were asked by the attendant if they came from Nova Scotia. When they said they were from England she was suprised how fluent they were in English......... Nuff said!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A taxi driver in Chicago once told me he always wanted to go to London to see the Eiffel Tower.

I suppose on a clear day...
  • Options
    I was in a cab in LA once and the driver told me that he had been stationed in Scotland when he was in the US Air Force.

Him: "Scotland, that's where all of the guys wear green and have shamrocks, right?"

Me: "No, that's Ireland ... *under my breath*... you twat"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I heard about it from my brother. People like that make me sick. Their ignorance is utterly appalling - the fact that a nation whose 'heartland' consists of clueless inbreeds like that is the most powerful on Earth is a disgrace. What makes it worse is that everybody now assumes that all Americans are the same. They're not - there is a MASSIVE anti-Bush feeling in the US but, for some stupid reason, they still voted the fucker back into office.

Make no mistake about it, despite the fact that US politics is probably further to the right than any other 'democracy' in the world, this is an entirely Republican war. the Democrats might not shower themselves in glory when they (inevitably) win the next election, but you can be damn sure that they'll stop the current charade in Iraq, Iran or wherever else the current administration's cronies have pushed US troops into by then.

I have had a fist fight with an American over their involvement in the middle East in the past - not because they wouldn't understand my point of view (I've had plenty of discussions about the same subject, with French, Arabic, English, Canadian and Jewish people) but because he made remarks that were so insensitive that they made me feel ill. Whilst these fair shores have their share of ignorant people, I'd venture there isn't a single person anywhere on these isles that is as loathesomely ignorant as our 'friends' in 'middle America'.

PS: Idaho is a state, not a city :o)

I'll second that...I live in Connecticut and there is nothing but utter contempt for Bush and this so-called war. The educated population on the east and west coast voted democrat and in the "bible belt" in the south and mid-west voted for Bush. His approval rating is at an all time low and incumbunt Republican politicians are being voted out of office. When the democrats take over after next election they will pull all the troops out of Iraq. It is scary that there are people like the guy from Idaho in this country...mostly rednecks.
  • Options
    Idaho - lol

i spent a week travelling round, they grow potatoes there & breed white supremacists - not much else happens

actually beautiful rugged scenery but the folks are a little slow, one guy happily told me about the preparations he had been making for when the Iraqi's invade
  • Options
    The Idaho idiot was back on ITV News last night... apologising for his comments. ITV went back to find him after they were bombarded with phones calls and emails to complain about him! Hardly surprising....
  • Options
    I bet. But whats the point of apologising when thats what he really believes. Has it been youtubed?
  • Options
    If it has, I can't find it...

I think the ITV more forced him to apologise. Looked like they got quite a backlash from the viewers.
  • Options
    found it.

fool