Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BWP ailment?

I see that BWP is misssing for the Bury game. I just hope that it is not a transfer related ailment (that could be serious for us). Also the fact that Hamer starts and Sullivan is on the bench would suggest that Robbie is off.

Comments

• Options
    Let's all bombard his twitter until he answers!
  • Options
    He got smashed at the start of the Scunny game and his knee is suspect at the best of times.  I wouldnt read anything into it to be honest.

Unless a bid for £1m+ has come in, he'll be staying here.
  • Options
    We really do need to get him on a longer contract.
  • Options
    Slight knee injury nothing to worry about
  • Options
    Lets be realistic here .... There's no way we would accept a bid for Benson if BWP was off! No chance
  • Options
    BWP is not off anywhere. There was a piece on him and Lowe (Bury) on Football league Weekend and on there he mentioned that he doesn't join in with his daughter's dancing routines because of his knee !!

still think it should have been sorted during the close season
  • Options
    CAFC Twitter says he's missed out because of a knock.

Would still love to see him tied down to a contract fairly soon though.
  • Options
    bwp on twitter:

RT @_nam11: @bwp10
    you're not injured long term are you? Or are you just finishing off
    Shauns move as you're his agent ;) - no shouldn't be out 4 much longer

• Options
    He got smashed at the start of the Scunny game and his knee is suspect at the best of times.  I wouldnt read anything into it to be honest.

Unless a bid for £1m+ has come in, he'll be staying here.
    Can't see him leaving and he does have dodgy knees. I'd be very annoyed if we only got just over £1m for him considering Baldock went for £2m+ this week as BWP is twice the player he is. All hypothetical of course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BWP is in the last year of his contract though. Need to get him to extend now, unless we have and he won't.
  • Options
    I'd rather risk losing him on a free and get promoted to be honest  - if we have to choose. He's that important to us.
  • Options
    I'd rather risk losing him on a free and get promoted to be honest  - if we have to choose. He's that important to us.

Agree entirely
  • Options
    If we get promoted i cant see why he would leave.  Unless he was offered a premiership contract i doubt he'd want to leave london and obviously if we were promoted we'd up his money then.
  • Options
    Can't see us selling him - powell has built the team around him and jackson, be silly to sell up
  • Options
    We missed him today.  A fit and hungry BWP will be a massive factor in our success (or otherwise) this season - I hope he gets fit soon; and signs a new contract!
  • Options
    I heard BWP is being kept under wraps until the end of the transfer window-- Leicester, Bolton and Ipswich are all knocking on his door..
  • Options
    I heard BWP is being kept under wraps until the end of the transfer window-- Leicester, Bolton and Ipswich are all knocking on his door..
    Really, what's the source, HP or Heinz? 
  • Options
    Well what difference does it make whether we play him or not? Unless he's locked in a padded cell with no access to the outside world.
  • Options
    The postman who plays five a side with senior Charlton execs..Nugent is injured and Sven is "very very" desperate to sign anyone called Wright-Phillips.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    where's the fire ??? Everyone has been telling me for weeks that we don't need a back up striker to sit on the bench & we have Benno & Euell in any case !!!!!!!!!!!

and if you believe that old nonsense.............
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    BWP is being kept in a secret padded cell in Orpington with no access to the outside world except via Twitter and Sky Sports.

Rumour has it that it is a secret dungeon built under Curbs' garage.
  • Options
    Lets not read more into a sore knee than we should. Got a nast knock against Scunny and sounds like a sensible precaution - expect to see him on the scoresheet for us against Wednesday.
  • Options
    Am i right in thinking he has a five a side team with mates. Doubt powelly would be happy if his knocking about on week nights up at goals
  • Options
    BWP is being kept in a secret padded cell in Orpington with no access to the outside world except via Twitter and Sky Sports.

Rumour has it that it is a secret dungeon built under Curbs' garage.
    Correct ........ except Curbs doesn't live anywhere near Orpington.
  • Options
    1. wouldn't want him to be sold! need to get his contract made longer!
    2. I hope it is just a knock need him against wednesday!
  • Options
    Currently tweeting that he is not leaving and that knee is fine.

• Options
    Strikers of his quality are like rocking horse doodoo. Won't rest easily until he signs a new deal.
  • Options
    Strikers of his quality are like rocking horse doodoo. Won't rest easily until he signs a new deal.

Have to agree with that, SHG