Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bury 1-2 Charlton | Post Match Views

WSSWSS
edited August 2011 in General Charlton
Coming back from being behind for the first time, a win without BWP and still unbeaten.

A certain steel about us this year I think.

Comments

• Options
    THE SAVELOYS ARE ON ME!!!
  • Options

Got to be a fantastic result on every level, fans, players, and management must take a lot of credit.

Grim up north, 3 points travelling south.

• Options
    Wasn't expecting a win today... 2-1 away win is great result.
  • Options
    Brilliant win, another victory on the road and proved we can come back in a game.
  • Options

Very good result.

• Options
    well happy with that....played a lot better in the second half......CB's pushed up and made it difficult for their forwards to get into the game.....CP must be happy with that, and we as fans now know we can come back from being behind......happy weekend for all concerned with CAFC.
  • Options
    One of the most positive features is what it says about CP's ability to identify problems and inspire a fightback.
  • Options
    Fantastic. 

BTW, I understand I can restart my footballing man crush on Dale with the pass for the second goal?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Listening to the commentary it seems that CP made a few adjustments at half-time. Steve brown was criticising the gap between midfield and defence in the first half, something that was addressed and we go on to score two goals and win.

• Options

Coming back from one down and against what sounded like a reasonably good team has to be great news.

Some of our competitors will lose at Bury.

Really looking forward to the Sheff Wed game

COYR

• Options
    First game i've missed this season - I hate having to "listen" on-line or wait for Sky's videoprinter to let me know the score. Must admit being 1-0 down at h/t with no BWP around I thought we were doomed........have we finally got a team of winners ????????

COYR !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Delighted. Johnnie Jackson is just too good for this level.
  • Options
    Good team battle today.. showed a lot of character to come back and win the game against a Bury team who have been playing pretty well. Another good game for Solly, he may be proving the doubters wrong!.. No game until next Monday now. Looking forward to it though! UP the Addicks! 
  • Options
    Solid result , bury away was a fixture i wasn't looking forward to . But a great result proud of the boys ! Bring on sheffield next Monday !
  • Options
    A very satisfactory afternoon all round.  But what a poor attendance.  How will they get by on 3000 for a game against a top club?
  • Options
    That was a big test to turn things around. So glad they managed it. the beers are on me until 6pm
  • Options
    Hate MNF.. the waiting annoys me, looking forward to the game tho, great result today ,also thought we were going to be well up against it, esp with Lowe scored.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    good gritty win today against a typically tough side, the type of game CAFC would have lost more often than not in the recent past 
  • Options
    Great stuff!
  • Options
    great result.this shouldn't be underestimated the quality of the result, no 'star striker' and a tough place to go.

very happy with this. onto wednesday next. 
  • Options
    If we have serious promotion credentials then we need to be able to go to teams like Bury and grind out a result. Seems like we do have those credentials. Well done lads.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Rest assured the other contenders will undoubtedly drop points away to NOTTS COUNTY, COLCHESTER and BURY.  That is an impressive collection of away victories indeed!

Up the Addicks!
  • Options
    Great win 1 nil down to come back and play with maturity and guile. Solly sounded outstanding be good to hear the views of those there on sollys performance
  • Options
    Rest assured the other contenders will undoubtedly drop points away to NOTTS COUNTY, COLCHESTER and BURY.  That is an impressive collection of away victories indeed!

Up the Addicks!
    This. Great start to the season. Well done to the boys and CP. 
  • Options
    I know the player marks thread isn't up yet, but is there anyone who really stood out today?
  • Options
    Listened on Player and was mightily impressed by the way we came back reorganised in the second half. Seems such a difference to teams that couldn't adjust when things went against us. Well played and bring on the next game!
  • Options
    Well done lads that was a great result at a difficult ground and against a good home side.Early days I know but there does seem to be a strength in performances emerging this season.