Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Song to start on Saturday?

WSSWSS
edited February 2007 in General Charlton
From the cafc.co.uk match preview:

Pardew's hand won't be played for him with regard to the midfield, however, and with Alexandre Song having shaken off his stomach bug it seems the Cameroonian will go straight into the side at the expense of either Matt Holland, Bryan Hughes or Amady Faye.

Comments

• Options
    Aye - my betting is he'll replace Hughes - who has been performing pretty well (by his standards) lately. I'm not by any means a Hughes-hater, but don't think he does enough to justify his place ahead of Holland, and although some of his performances have led to me weeping inconsolably at the end of the game, still think Faye won't be dropped until he has another stinker like his 'performances' against Liverpool and Wycombe.
  • Options
    Song in for Hughes ?

That would mean with Holland and Faye, three defensive central midfielders. That's too much surely ?

Trouble is with playing defensive midfielders, it means our lone striker becomes even more isolated. The last thing we need is Man U having extra time and space to build attacks.
  • Options
    i just cant see any weaknesses in the Man U team at the moment?!

Van der Sar out is about the only thing i can think of.

Neville and Evra are superb at getting forward and defensively.

Rio and Vidic command the defence ruthlessly and Vidic pops up with his fair share of goals froms set pieces.

Carrick controls the midfield.

Scholes back to his best

Giggs always plays well against us

Ronaldo is the best player in the world at the moment

Nothing needs to be said about Rooney

Larsson has a permanent class

oh dear, ive just depressed myself
  • Options
    Still no sign of ZZ then?
  • Options
    Don't look good when you say it like that WSS !!

Everyone has an off day though, or a day the green doesn't rub. Important thing for us will be set pieces, they are such a good side, always likely to carve you open from open play, the last thing you need is to give a soft goal away from a corner. If we can nick something out the blue at the other end, then we have a chance.

Key tactic for us will be to slow the game down as much as possible, make it stop start and frustrate them. Not pretty to watch, but hopefully they won't be able to get into a rythymn that way.