Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kyel Reid

edited August 2011 in General Charlton

New Bradford boss Phil Parkinson has swooped to make his first signing at Valley Parade acquiring free agent Kyel Reid.

Parkinson is familiar with 23-year-old Reid,image who signed a two-year contract with the club, having worked with him at Charlton, who released the left-winger at the end of last season."I watched some of our games over the weekend and I just felt another attacking threat was needed, especially in wide areas," Parkinson explained to the Bantams' official website."Kyel certainly fits that bit, he's like an old-fashioned wide player. He'll attack the full back and get balls into the box

Comments

• Options
    should do well in league 2. liked him here but we've got better player's than him now
  • Options
    I'm surprised that Reid didnt last at Barnsley. He's a good player and PP obviously has a lot of time for him. Good luck to them both
  • Options
    should do well in league 2. liked him here but we've got better player's than him now

He should have done well in L1 as well, and if it comes to that he should have performed at CCC level and maybe also the premier league.

He's only 23 and has an impressive collection of former clubs on his CV that would credit a player ten years or more older. If it works out for him then Bradford have the best player in the division, if not he can look forward to adding another couple of clubs onto his resume.

• Options
    All the best to him hope it goes well for both him and PP
  • Options
    Frustrating player because he has oodles of ability. Have a feeling that he will come good given the confidence to do so under the right manager. PP could steer him onto the consistency he needs. Have a feeling he'll pop up again at a higher level sooner or later. I hope he does well.
  • Options

I liked him but there were obviously underlying problems behind the scenes . I hope he and Parky do well.
  • Options
    Think he just lost all his confidence, before he took a knock to his ankle he was playing really well and supplying some great crosses, he was out for a few weeks and Jackson took his place and kept scoring and he never really got a look in after that.

Think he'll do well in L2 if Parky keeps his confidence up.
  • Options
    Needs to learn to pass the ball more and work for the team before he will make it anywhere.
  • Options
    some managers never learn...........perhaps Parky will come in for Francis & the Doc now !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Congrats to Kyel, promoted with Preston today

Not sure how many minutes he's played this season but he looked well happy today.

• Options

Congrats to Kyel, promoted with Preston today

I suppose unlucky Michael Smith, not promoted with Swindon Town.