Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Have You Ever Been....

To every Charlton League game , home and away in a season.

I was listening to 5 live on the drive up to Bury and the presenter who i think was standing in for Danny Baker, said he was trying to go the whole season without going to a game for whatever reason(He supported Man City).

Now i seem to remember someone saying Sebby Lewis hadn't missed a Charlton Home or Away game since 1998 (Don't know if that true or not Seb?) but i was wondering if any Charlton lifers out there had been home and away to Charlton games for a whole season? i've never done it before , and was going to see how far i'll get before i snap , over to you...

Comments

• Options

I did every league game home and away during the 80/81 promotion season. Had some great midweek away games including Newport County first away game of the season  (was my first day at work and went up to the boss and asked for the afternoon off!), a 1-0 win at Turf Moor (where I was having a piss when we scored), a defeat at Fratton Park (where I got the wettest I'd ever been at a game until Yeovil 2 years ago) and a Weds night win in Blackpool with Robbo scoring straight from a corner,

I did all the FA Cup games and only missed a Tuesday night away game at Carlisle 'cos I wasn't well - always gutted to have missed that win as it buggered up a 'whole season full set'.

A squad of 19 players completed a season of 56 games. Happy days.

• Options
    1998/1999. All league and cup games.
  • Options

Every game 85/6, except one which was a full members cup game, Birmingham at home or Everton away i think.  The Lennie Lawrence season..
  • Options
    I went to all our games in ourfirst season back in this poxy division - 09/10 - as I thought we would be promoted & the only chance I would get to visit places like Bury, rochdale, Hartlepool etc etc.

Then aagain, I know someone who didn't miss a game, home or away, for 5 years..........and then the reason he missed that game was because he was banged up for being drunk & disorderly, otherwise he wouldn't have missed a game for about 8 years !!
  • Options
    Seb Lewis has for years, including cup and friendly games
  • Options
    late eighties did the lot  in one season, not sure of which one will have to check the record books 
    pretty sure it was when we had northampton away in a league cup fixture or was it walsall maybe both of them in the same season , both at old  grounds to where they are now 
    cant be many in the whole season club with our away support !! 
  • Options
    not do able on my £30 pocket money : (
  • Options
    During the 90's I did 4 full seasons on the trot. These included the 2 italian trips to Brescia and Ancona.
  • Options
    £30!!! 
    Please tell me thats not a week!
  • Options
    £30!!! 
    Please tell me thats not a week!
    nah it's every two month's
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phew! thank goodness for that , if my son saw that he'd be after me raising his pocket money! ;0
  • Options

1991/92

Did all league, FA cup and league cup matches

• Options
    98-99 and 99-00 every league game and every friendly, lots of reserve games and most cup games. 00-01 every league game up to the last home game of the season (liverpool)  as I had just given birth and the last away game as I was due to give birth. Since then I have been rearing children.
  • Options
    I think you'll find Paul Ellis beats Seb Lewis, Up to beginning of last season (before he broke his hip) he had missed about 4 games in 30 years. In fact he is just about the only person I know to have travelled hundreds of miles just to watch a reserve game. 
  • Options
    I think you'll find Paul Ellis beats Seb Lewis, Up to beginning of last season (before he broke his hip) he had missed about 4 games in 30 years. In fact he is just about the only person I know to have travelled hundreds of miles just to watch a reserve game. 
    Wow talk about commitment.
  • Options

I went to every game in 1982/83 whilst at Erith College .

Rollar coaster season of Lennie and Simonsen. 7-1 defeat at Burnley but superb 4-2 win against Chelsea and last day survival v Bolton.

Happy days.

• Options
    I had the pleasure of sitting next to "the worm" seb on saturday. A friend of mine who sits the other side of him told me that he has only missed 2 games in the last 16 years and that includes all friendlies and pre-season tours.

• Options
    I had the pleasure of sitting next to "the worm" seb on saturday. A friend of mine who sits the other side of him told me that he has only missed 2 games in the last 16 years and that includes all friendlies and pre-season tours.

He must be skint!