Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Manchester United vs. Charlton Athletic (10th February 2007)

WSSWSS
edited February 2007 in General Charlton
So what are everybody's thoughts on this then?

A bonus game? Damage Limitation? Chance to see new players? Opportunity for a fantastic performance and result?

Also how many people are going up there etc?

For me i think that keeping the deficit down to two goals would be a decent go. I would like to see more of an effort than previous years and actually give them at least part of a game. I thought we handled ourselves pretty well down at The Valley until the Manchester United class eventually shone through.

As for watching the game, i don't have a clue yet, may watch it on the internet or find a pub which is showing Setanta. My old man left for Manchester at 2am this morning to "do some business" in the markets up there before going for lunch and then going out on the tiles tonight. he then has the luxury or a corporate box at Old Trafford tomorrow before being treated to a slap up meal somewhere in Manchester by his clients.

Thanks for the invite Dad.

Comments

• Options
    take it as a hint, perhaps your dad is embarrassed of y ou?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]take it as a hint, perhaps your dad is embarrassed of y ou?
    Morning to you as well!
  • Options
    xx
  • Options
    **runs away**
  • Options
    I think it's a chance for the squad to relax a little and bed-in the new guys - so long as they're mindful of the goal difference!

A relaxed performance with nothing to lose might just pull-off a result....
  • Options
    The tong will be there cheering on ZZ kicking Scholes, Ronaldo and the curb crawler up in the air on the way to a great victory where we will get everyone in China to support us. We will be taken over by the Chinese state government.
  • Options
    i'll be happy with 3-0 loss.

after the wya they raped tottenham last week it is deffo damage limitation.
  • Options
    Based on the gulf in goal differences, we don't stand a chance. 3-0?? But, there is a new resilience about this team and maybe, just maybe, we can grind out a decent result. Problem is that if Manure are struggling to get a goal, their olympic diving prospect from Portugal, will no doubt find a way to 'win' a decision. My Bro is a manure supporter and was at the match last sunday - even he was embarrassed by the dive...

As for being taken over by the Chinese government, I think we stand a better chance than QPR...rumour has it next time Jackie Chan will be in the squad...
  • Options
    Will take any performance similar to last week where the players have come of knowing they have tried their best & hopefully have not had their confidence knocked, the result is incidental.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Will take any performance similar to last week where the players have come of knowing they have tried their best & hopefully have not had their confidence knocked, the result is incidental.

same as, althou man u away is gonna b far harder opposition than chelsea (esp at the moment) once again can't c us scoring thou esp without baby bent