Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ARSENAL

edited August 2011 in General Charlton
Fresh from the horses -
Malouda and Alex up at the Emirates
Discussion at board level - should we call team London Arsenal ? Makes you wonder about London Charlton?

You heard it here first. Masicat always right.

No Cahill, Arsenal have pulled the plug.

Comments

• Options

So as to prevent confusion with all those other Arsenals?

Actually, isn't there an arsenal in Africa? (Football team, not arms cache.)

• Options
    South America uboat
  • Options
    Fresh from the horses -
    Discussion at board level - should we call team London Arsenal ? Makes you wonder about London Charlton?

Yeah that Belgium and Morocco players who joined us have been doing so well.... ;)
  • Options
    Only today my son asked why there isn't a team called London.  
  • Options
    Belgian Moroccan went to Middlesboro
  • Options
    Wasn't there some discussion many years ago about us changing our name to London ?
  • Options
    There is an Arsenal in Mauritius ... most of the (very small) town is painted red and white
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Think there's about half a dozen arsenals around the globe. All underachieving as well, probably
  • Options
    A bloke is walking along the street in Islington when he sees an Arsenal season ticket nailed to a tree.

He says "I'll have that... you can never have too many nails".

• Options
    How about we call them Woolwich Arsenal.  Where they belong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Woolwich has enough to deal with ;-)
  • Options
    How about we call them Woolwich Arsenal.  Where they belong.
    Well, we are looking at strenghening our reserve team....................
  • Options
    Only today my son asked why there isn't a team called London.  
    London wasps
  • Options
    Ha ha, not sure he was thinking of Egg Rolling.  Otherwise there's London Irish, Welsh, Scottish and probably more besides.
  • Options
    Masicat Quotes:

'You heard it here first. Masicat always right'

'Belgian Moroccan went to Middlesboro''

Aah, but you said we would sign a Belgian & a Moroccan!

The fact that the Belgian Morrocan went to 'Boro would suggest that you are not right, in the slightest, & you can make that on on 2 counts! ;-)
  • Options
    There's also London French and Italian.   In fact London Irish, Welsh, French and Italian all have swords on their badges; all trying to be like Charlton.  We are London ;-)
  • Options
    Fresh from the horses -

From memory, was Masicat the poster who exclusively revealed Defoe to Ars*nal a few months back?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Ha ha, not sure he was thinking of Egg Rolling.  Otherwise there's London Irish, Welsh, Scottish and probably more besides.
    off the subject totally .. i am sooo looking forward to the Rugby World Cup .. come on England .. sort em out Jonno
  • Options
    arteta super signing for gunners!
  • Options
    arteta super signing for gunners!
    Apart from the fact that Anyinsah probably got more game minutes than him last season........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yes, he should have carried on playing with a cruciate ligament.
  • Options
    Fresh from the horses -

Let me know what lottery numbers you picked for the weekend - chucking six out of the 49 must improve my odds slightly.
  • Options
    It would be pretty difficult to play without one, tbf.
  • Options
    It looks as though Arsene's been forced to buy. Merzedeswhatsit is a no nonsense defender, just what they need;  Arteta?, on his day a tremendous player but he may be a bit injury prone nowadays. I would say for a few million which supposedly they could well afford (despite the cost of the Emirates Stadium), the Gunners now look a lot stronger
  • Options
    Isn't that the whole point I made, the fact that he is pretty much always injured, even more so than Anyinsah was?
  • Options
    I find it amusing that Mertesacker could be construed as meaning 'sack of shit' - which is exactly what he is. Will be horribly brutalised by any striker with pace this season. Fancy Arsenal to be lucky to scrape into the top six.

• Options
    I find it amusing that Mertesacker could be construed as meaning 'sack of shit' - which is exactly what he is. Will be horribly brutalised by any striker with pace this season. Fancy Arsenal to be lucky to scrape into the top six.

Mertesacker is a strange old signing to me.  Crouch tore him to shreds in the two CL games Spurs had against Werder Bremen last season.  He looked very uncomfortable against the likes of Pavlyuchenko and Defoe, so it really doesnt say much for him.  Ok, 70 odd caps for the Germans is no mean feat but he desperately lacks pace.

I know for a fact they were in for Jagielka again last week before they went in for Cahill.  Makes you wonder whether Mertesacker was actually their third choice.  (I'm very close to one of the back-room staff at the Emirates so know what goes on before anyone wonders).

Squad-wise, they've obviously done well to bring in Arteta but barring the odd injury or suspension, they look incredibly light in terms of quality cover.  Arsenal supporting friends are in agreement that when comparing their squad to Liverpool's and Tottenham's, you'd have to say they have the weakest squad.

I just dont see what Wenger or their board are playing at.  Given the amount of turnover they create, given they've now paid off their huge stadium, why are they not building a team to compete with the very best?  Ferguson has rebuilt Man Utd time and time again.  Wenger was blessed with inheriting the Arsenal old guard at the back, Adams & Co and then he built the invincibles but since then, they seem to have been treading water.  They never replaced Vieira, they never replaced Campbell, they never replaced Henry.  How must Van Persie be feeling at the moment?  When fit, he's one of the best players in the world in his position.  Will he be asking for a transfer next?

Of course, long may their demise continue but jeez, was expecting so much more from our neighbours.
  • Options
    Shocking season coming their way, im going to thoroughly enjoy watching all those plastic arsenal fans who bang on about 'best footballing side' weeping as they lose to the likes of swansea, wigan and norwich
  • Options
    Am afraid that when they get their players fit and back from suspension they will be pretty good and challenging for 4th place.  Might not pip Liverpool for the last CL place but don't write them off.
  • Options
    Not really had any "decent" signings since David Dein left.