Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trouble at Bournemouth

Comments

• Options

Who said football fans were fickle. We moan that footballers wages are so high they need to be capped. We complain that there is no way the top transfered players are worth the fee and we complain bitterly when clubs wont jepodise their futures but spending money on players.

He sounds llike he is trying to build a stable club for the future. Fair do's to him for that.

• Options
    wheres mog? im sure he will have somthing to say on this.
    Friends say that EM is never going to be forgiven for the "..go to Southampton..." quote: Imagine Murray saying "Go and support millwall...." ? Before that He was "disliked", but, had a little "respect" as He had been in charge when AfcB were deep in the poo, and "lead" them to a penalty-shoot from Wembley. Think He's burnt his bridges though.
  • Options
    But my point is that it came a bit quick for them - fine had they got promoted but the player and managers they had were substantially above the resources of the club at the time. Wasn't rocket science that this would happen but the club are financially in a much healthier place as a result of it - not sexy I know but given where they were, that in itself is remarkable, and if the fans show some patience and support the club and help it survive in the league this year they canh build again. It is very hard for smaller clubs to sustain challenges at any level unless they are being bank rolled top live outside their means.
  • Options
    Wasn't the 'go to Southampton' quote preceded by something along the lines of "if you want your team to go bust every five minutes'?
  • Options
    @Jem_RacingJemRacing@KandPCarpets Local journo says the manager/player bust up is made up by the way- Posted on Twitter ages before players even boarded bus.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I have just wasted spent an hour listening to it and altough it wasn't the smartest thing for a chairman to say, it was said in the heat of the moment and taken a bit out of context. I think their fans have got ideas above their station. They must be realistic and take a good look at themselves and learn from the mistakes of the past, which they're clearly not doing. As for that annoying cow (Sarah, yes dear, I remembered your name as you are so important) I suggest that instead of just trying to sound a clever clogs on the radio, just go and watch netball.
  • Options

Who said football fans were fickle. We moan that footballers wages are so high they need to be capped. We complain that there is no way the top transfered players are worth the fee and we complain bitterly when clubs wont jepodise their futures but spending money on players.

He sounds llike he is trying to build a stable club for the future. Fair do's to him for that.

this
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    With noises like that coming out of there , Bournemouth are this seasons Swindon & will get relegated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Just got a whole heap worse.
    http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/matchrep.asp?a=254937
    Sadly.
    Nice club
  • Options
    They need to pull together
  • Options
    Your kidding right? Drunken ranting on the pitch at the clubs supporters and offering them out for a fight is okay is it? Richard murray he is not!
  • Options
    Just shows you the value of the players , fans and directors sticking together or it undermines the team.
  • Options
    http://bit.ly/r4u4J3 eddie mitchell with todays fans after the defeat to chesterfield
  • Options
    just see their chairman on sky offering fans out ... crackers .....
  • Options
    That is embarrassing.
  • Options
    That's ridiculous!
    Delia he isn't!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's made the situation worse, what a plonker, glad Mr Slater came to the Bromley meeting rather than acting like this clown.
  • Options
    It is ridiculous but the fans have forgotton where the club has been in recent years and don't understand that they are actually damaging the club. Having said that, the Chairman is acting like an idiot. A sure recipe for relegation, so well done to all involved- and Bournemouth is one of th eleague's nicest clubs as well - very sad.
  • Options
    Unreal that he offered a fan out, if I was the "fan in the leather jacket" I would definitely be on the pitch for a "chat" as the Bournemouth chairman puts it
  • Options
    The geezer acted like a clown but he saved them from having no club, he was part of the stewardship that nearly took them up last year, the should have anger to eddie Howe
  • Options
    edited September 2011

The man is obviously under a hell of a lot of pressure and has cracked.

Takes a lot of balls to stand their on his todd rather than hide in his office and release press statements like most boards do. Sure he'll regret that this morning but shows he obviously cares and his emotions got the better of him.

The "fan in the leather jakcet" could have said something to him to provoke the reaction too which may have warranted the offer of handbags at 20 paces.  Some of the abuse ive heard  thrown at our managers over the past few years  from numpties from the safety of the stands would warrant a slap from those it was aimed at.

Not professional and probably not helped the situation but let's not vilify the bloke for being passionate and having the balls to stand up their and confront them.

• Options
    @RodneyCharltonTrotta

That's very fair comment. I hope they pull out of their troubles. I like Bournemouth.
  • Options
    Nutter.
  • Options
    What the f**k???!!!!
  • Options
    Apparently some of the abuse him and his family have had over the past few months has been unreal and I guess he's just snapped. Feel for both parties to be honest and makes me realise how lucky we've been to get Jiminez and Slater involved.
  • Options
    Don't think too many people would fancy it if jiminez offered them an on pitch chat! He looks like he can handle himself. Seriously though, I agree with mart, we have been really lucky Tony and Micheal have saved our club. If youre reading this, Thanks for all you have done so far