Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Appropriate Adult - ITV Drama

Anyone watch this the other night? I watched it on ITVPlayer last night.

Very well acted and very very chilling.

Comments

• Options
    Yea was quite grim, in a good way.
  • Options
    Yes, we enjoyed this as there so much dross on the TV, looking forward to part 2 next Sunday.
  • Options
    Am I missing the title of the programme?
  • Options
    Nick West is a great actor, chilling but interesting program
  • Options
    Very interesting and appears almost like a documentary. I hope not too many liberties have been taken with the story.
  • Options
    Enjoyed the first one ( if enjoyed is the right word) . Two brilliant leading actors.
  • Options
    WHAT PROGRAMME?
  • Options
    It's in the title of the discussion :-)
  • Options
    I don't spook easily but the West's rely freak me out. Watching them even in a drama chills me to the bone. As already said very well acted and done though.
  • Options
    At no time would that woman who is the appropriate adult be left alone with him,very good drama but need to get things like that right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2011
    It's in the title of the discussion :-)
    Sorry. I read it as "(this is an) appropriate adult ITV drama"  :-/
  • Options

ITV are certainly getting their act together with their dramas - it won't be long before the BBC have to up their game. Thought this one was excellent.

Can't wait for the new Downton Abbey either.

• Options
    At no time would that woman who is the appropriate adult be left alone with him,very good drama but need to get things like that right.
    I agree, as if you would leave a vulnerable woman alone with a serial killer, not just for a second or too, but minutes. Other than that was quite good.
  • Options
    I think the story(The Tale )is worth telling (although we must feel sensitive about the families of their victims) the characterisation and acting brilliant ,i ll be watching the last episode for sure 
  • Options
    Excellent acting and story telling, the following morning the drama was  discussed on BBC breakfast and apparently the words used were apparently very accurate. I got the distinct impression that the appropriate adult needed, an appropriate adult herself, suddenly in this Kafka nightmare, with her own life not a tranquil and supportive as it could be. The poor woman, like any person who volunteers for this role probably thought she would be supporting a child, or someone with learning difficulties. Talk about out of your depth?.......
    I wonder if people will consider this type of work, after seeing this type of portrayal. I was considering  being a lay visitor to police stations for people held in custody myself in the past. Better rethink that idea?
  • Options

A very enjoyable and thought provoking couple of weeks drama and the actor who played Fred West should be up for an award when you look at some of the nominations suggested in previous award ceremonies.

• Options
    good but not believable in places. She would never have been left alone with him without a copper at least being present. 
  • Options
    That was my thinking large. Found some of it a bit ridiculous.
  • Options
    Didnt (the real) Janet Leach work alongside ITV for this drama though?
  • Options
    i doubt the screws would be giving out her number to fred west either,good in places
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did say at the start that some bits had been changed for the benefit of the programme, but based on true events