Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's your Hobby?

edited September 2011 in Not Sports Related
Apologies again if this has already been started in a thread, couldn't find anything with search.

I was just wondering what everyone's hobbies were on here. After dropping out of Football and struggled to find a team in my area I have been looking around for other activities in my area (Gravesend/Dartford) suitable for Beginners. Personally I've just started taking up Golf lessons but it's not exactly much of a team/friend orientated sport when your learning. Was thinking of taking up a Martial Art but never really done anything like that before. 

So who has the most interesting hobby and any recommendations?

Comments

• Options
    Trainspotting ........ I'm pwopa Charlton.

;o)
  • Options
    Good post. Don't really have a hobby as such if you exclude Charlton. Closest is coming on here and talking bollix.
  • Options
    table tennis and football
  • Options
    Exersice cooking swimming watching CHARLTON but after 36 years Its took it toll only joking i love my team .
  • Options

Music. Modest(very) home studio.

Brewing. Currently lying to the other half that my new home made 60litre wort boiler will not A) Blow up the electrics. (Fingers crossed) B) Make the house smell like a brewery. (It will definately)

• Options

Music. Modest(very) home studio.

Brewing. Currently lying to the other half that my new home made 60litre wort boiler will not A) Blow up the electrics. (Fingers crossed) B) Make the house smell like a brewery. (It will definately)

You have a message.
  • Options
    Cooking. Love taking a sunday (when I have one off, which is rare) and going to Borough market or a farmer's market, finding some lovely fresh ingredients and putting them together. Nyum nyum nyum.
  • Options
    Mine: brewing, wine making, playing music.

Used to love playing Badminton. When I lived in Wales for a while I belonged to a friendly club there.
  • Options

Used to love playing Badminton. When I lived in Wales for a while I belonged to a friendly club there.

I've never played friendly ;0)

• Options
    Photography
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Photography

Same here give or take a few letters.
  • Options
    Mine's photography too.  Mainly insects.

• Options
    If anyone is interested in keeping tropical fish as a hobby, I have a tank that I'm giving away complete with all the equipment and a fair selection of fish.   I've kept fish for about 20 years now, and have found it both interesting and relaxing.  I have to admit though that recently it has become more of a chore than a pleasure.

If you want them, you can have them.  I don't want anything in return, just an assurance that you'll look after them well.  You'll need to collect from S.E. Essex though. 
  • Options

I've never played friendly ;0)

The people were friendly, I didn't say the games were ;-)
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Photography, whiskey, cycling and my car, though not at the same time!
  • Options
    Walking. Very middle aged. Booked a cottage in the peak district for October for a few days stomping about.
  • Options
    Badminton (to death or victory) but had to give it up due to severe headaches after every match.
    Walking and cycling; though I'm still struggling with lack of stamina since a bout of pneumonia.
    Lying-in has become an increasingly pleasant pastime of late
  • Options
    cycling, football, most sports, Xbox occasionally, watching Charlton
  • Options
    Playing cricket in the summer,need to find something to do in the winter...too old to play footie anymore.
  • Options
    Playing football for an Under 17 side. Cricket. Writing about football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Golf. Only started six months ago and absolutely love it. Play off about 20 - picked it up quickly (which, I suppose, makes it more enjoyable).

Have played guitar for 20 years, but have got the arsehole with it lately and looking to sell everything.

BTW Stig - know nothing about photography, but those photos are f***ing awesome fella.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Makes it much more enjoyable Leroy trust me I know
  • Options
    Coarse Fishing. No matches or commercial farms. Old style, rare catch, fishing
  • Options
    Those photo's are quality, would love the second from bottom one on my wall for sure
  • Options
    Yeah Stig the pics are like Leroy said awesome. love the bee sitting on the finger.
  • Options
    Other than football, golf and cooking as others have mentioned I also play Magic the Gathering trading card game. It's extremely geeky but I love it.
  • Options
    Photography and fishing for me.
  • Options
    edited September 2011

Tennis - belong to a local club and get at least one game a week..

Music - play guitar and bouzouki, write songs - play in local coffee bar, and playing in local festival at end of month

walking the dog - no not a metaphor, REALLY walking my collie X

following Charlton - online almost exclusively since move to Cornwall :0(  

arguing with the missus seems to be a big comittment recently.  Boo.

• Options
    Martial arts is my main hobby. I find it a real escape. I got fed up of playing football in local league standard and getting hacked each week so took up karate and kick boxing as an alternative. I didn't start until I was 29 but absolutely love it. I'm probably fitter now than I've ever been. Even more so than when I was at Uni running and playing football competitively. I've got a two day dan grading next weekend so been training like mad for that over the last few months. 

Other hobbies include mountain biking, running and walking. And if I get the time a bit of Football Manager.
  • Options
    Golf. Only started six months ago and absolutely love it. Play off about 20 - picked it up quickly (which, I suppose, makes it more enjoyable).

Have played guitar for 20 years, but have got the arsehole with it lately and looking to sell everything.

BTW Stig - know nothing about photography, but those photos are f***ing awesome fella.
    Let me know what you're selling I may be interested or know someone who is.