Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rick Wakeman

On Countdown now, boy does he look old!

Comments

• Options
    sorry, i am young, who is rick wakeman?
  • Options
    Keyboard player in Prog Rock group Yes.
    Very talented. Excellent raconteur. The Peter Ustinov of Rock 'n Roll! Reformed drinker/ Hell raiser etc.
  • Options
    i thought he was in status quo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i thought he was in status quo
    Lol!
  • Options
    whats a raconteur? i would look it up but i deleted my dashboard thing from my dock!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]whats a raconteur? i would look it up but i deleted my dashboard thing from my dock!
    Story teller.
  • Options
    its a band with jack white and brenden benson in.
  • Options
    cheers dude, you are very wisdomous
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]its a band with jack white and brenden benson in.

i no what your sayin here, i did think it was that band! i always prefered the stripes!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]cheers dude, you are very wisdomous

you're welcome :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]cheers dude, you are very wisdomous

you're welcome :-)

I thought he was talking to me!
  • Options
    The guy was a legend back in the 1970s. Yes were probably my favourite group at the time. He always tells that great story about the "Tales of Topographic Oceans" tour, where the band plays 4 x 30 minute tracks back to back. Apparently there were some long stretches of music when no keyboard input was required so he wandered off stage at the Rainbow one night, nipped into the Indian curry house next door and brought his curry back to eat on stage before starting to play again.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite] I thought he was talking to me!

no, definately me.
  • Options
    :-(
  • Options
    ok it's friday. you can share it.
  • Options
    Ta.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i thought he was in status quo

sorry Suzi, that was Rick Astley : )
  • Options
    That's the thing with music - always evolving - Perpetual Change.

Nice pun for the fellow Yessies out there.
  • Options
    "never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around, and desert you"

me and my brother used to do actions to this song.
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited February 2007
    I bet your bro will be pleased you told us all that!! is he as lifer??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]"never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around, and desert you"

Oh ho ho ho - he's getting a mail from me tonight on his radio show then - cheers for that sooze
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]"never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around, and desert you"

Hey so did me and my mates, in Tennerife '87!
    It was a sort of side to side dance with some SNF pointing!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]The guy was a legend back in the 1970s. Yes were probably my favourite group at the time. He always tells that great story about the "Tales of Topographic Oceans" tour, where the band plays 4 x 30 minute tracks back to back. Apparently there were some long stretches of music when no keyboard input was required so he wandered off stage at the Rainbow one night, nipped into the Indian curry house next door and brought his curry back to eat on stage before starting to play again.

And for you youngsters this was why we needed punk to sweep away bands who played four 30 minutes songs and had song cycles about King Arthur. "One chord is good, two chords is OK, three chords is jazz"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

Oh ho ho ho - he's getting a mail from me tonight on his radio show then - cheers for that sooze

he's not on till sunday night/monday morning 1am, but go for it!!!!!!!!!

I also emailed another dj on a day time show and told them that he owned tasmin archer - sleeping satellite album. the dj then read it out on air.
    he text me telling me i was done for :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]

i bet your bro will be pleased you told us all that!! is he as lifer??

nope, he sleeps during the day! but will try to get him to sign up. am going to ask him to come to watford away (obviously if he can get a ticket after vg's, stub holders, st holders, etc etc)
  • Options
    LOLOL - he must hate you!

An ex girlfriend made the fatal mistake of leaving that album in my collection after we split up. I smashed it and the Bon Jovi and Def leppard CDs she'd left and posted the pieces back to her
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited February 2007
    Are you Lilly Allen, sooz?!!!