Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dailly and Benson

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
Both at Crawley yesterday watching Parky's new lot getting stuffed......

Wonder if they're Bradford bound in the near future??

Comments

• Options
    This also shows that Parky must have engendered some loyalty amongst his players
  • Options
    Reid scored a cracker in that game though 
  • Options
    This also shows that Parky must have engendered some loyalty amongst his players
    I wouldn't be surprised if Dailly went there given the problems they have in defence.... 
  • Options

Looked more like a scuffed 20 yarder that the keeper should have saved to me.
  • Options

If Parky can get Benno and Dailly in at Bradford he's getting a good deal.  Together with Reid they should be stuffing teams at that level.

• Options

Looked more like a scuffed 20 yarder that the keeper should have saved to me.

It was 1 o'clock in the morning and I was kind of tired. All my brain registered was it was from range and Reid scored it
  • Options
    Waggy, in his recent interview, spoke very highly of Parky
  • Options
    And so has Curb_It and Lil Sis

;o)
  • Options
    Dailly always spoke out about how much he liked playing for Parky, so can see that deal happening. Not sure about Benson, might be too far up-north for him
  • Options
    Dailly always spoke out about how much he liked playing for Parky, so can see that deal happening. Not sure about Benson, might be too far up-north for him
    Must be considering it though to have made the journey up to Port Vale to watch them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Must be considering it though to have made the journey up to Port Vale to watch them.

Errrrr...Crawley is near Gatwick!
  • Options
    Looking at his results and league position Parky will be sacked by Christmas so I hope they dont sign a long contract based on him being there.
  • Options
    Looking at his results and league position Parky will be sacked by Christmas so I hope they dont sign a long contract based on him being there.
    Still looking for his first win, isn't he?

How many did he go at the start of his Charlton career without a win? I seem to recall it was eight as a caretaker - and then on the strength of that he got the job on a permanent basis. He also had a very poor start at Hull, as far as I remember.

I'm not going to criticise because  he's clearly a decent man. But his dogged approach makes him a tortoise rather than a hare. He certainly isn't an 'impact' manager who gets instant results. 
  • Options

Errrrr...Crawley is near Gatwick!
    My bad. Thought it was Port Vale they played. That was their Tuesday night game.
  • Options
    Still looking for his first win, isn't he?

How many did he go at the start of his Charlton career without a win? I seem to recall it was eight as a caretaker - and then on the strength of that he got the job on a permanent basis. He also had a very poor start at Hull, as far as I remember.

I'm not going to criticise because  he's clearly a decent man. But his dogged approach makes him a tortoise rather than a hare. He certainly isn't an 'impact' manager who gets instant results. 

he started poorly at hull & managed to carry on in the same way & they were bottom when the board had seen enough!

At Charlton he didn't win one game in his caretaker roll & the board decided that that was good enough, think he went on to win 4 games the rest of the season.

• Options
    Huzzah.....another Parkinson debate.

Why does this get repeated so often? Admin, can I suggest a ban for any more mentions of Parkinson.
  • Options

Don't know what's wrong at Bradford but numerous managers have failed there over the last few years, most notably Peter Taylor who, although rubbish at Premiership and Championship level, has always seemed to have a midas touch in the lower leagues - Gillingham, Brighton, Hull and Wycombe all promoted under him. Very harsh to attribute their league position to Parky, he's only been there for 3 or 4 games. Reckon he'll do alright there.

• Options
    Maybe Benson was there, as he is potentially being used as a makeweight in the Tubbs deal, so he was there to see Crawley play?

Not a rumour, im just making a point
  • Options

Not doing to bad

4 games 2 draws and 2 loses and teh 2 loses are both top 5 sides and Bradfors are 22nd so not that bad

So doubt he will get the sack TBH

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2011
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15021117.stm
    I think the situation with Colchester is different, we've brought in another forward and Colchester are as local to his home as Sparrows Lane, they are also at a level that he would be happy to compete at unlike say Luton and even Bradford who also fall foul of the locality test.  So it may happen.

To be honest i am surprised he and Francis are still with us.