Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Torres' miss during Man Utd vs Chelsea

When you guys get a chance make sure you check out the latest miss by Fernando Torres against Manchester United.

Makes Ronnie Rosenthal's miss look like a really good effort.

Unbelievable!

Comments

• Options
    That was on a par with the Roger Davies (Derby County) miss during the 1970's 
  • Options

unreal

berb had a nice fluff of a shot as well at the end

but torres's was a top drawer miss

• Options
    I had a good chuckle at that. Oh dear!!
  • Options
    Cheers Folev.  It's so bad I actually feel sorry for him.
  • Options
    and he's a pro footballer ffs. we all make mistakes but thats just not on. funny tho.
  • Options
    Not as funny as the penalty miss by the spud-faced nipper.
  • Options
    Even the best players have dips in their careers but I'm beginning to wonder if he'll ever be the player he once was. Confidence is shot to bits. Think the best thing for Chelsea to do is to send him out on loan to another London club a couple of divisions below that play in SE7 for the rest of the season, just to allow him to re-discover his scoring touch and find his mojo again.
  • Options
    he had a pretty good game tho. then he does that...
  • Options
    50 million LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He even missed putting his head in his hands ....he did have a good game tho ......

• Options
    Despite the miss he was Chelsea's best player. 
  • Options
    edited September 2011
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    This is probably worse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pd42vSoq7o

the Torres miss was worse as that guy probably only cost £1 where as Torres cost 50 million 
  • Options
    Why not post the fantastic goal he scored, and some all round highlights of what made him the best Chelsea player on the pitch.
  • Options
    Why not post the fantastic goal he scored, and some all round highlights of what made him the best Chelsea player on the pitch.

Because he missed an open goal....
  • Options
    why because that aint funny masicat is it, and seeing as this is a charlton forum who gives 2 shits about players with no connection to us playiing well
  • Options

I was watching the game at home, live , and when he missed it I turned to my son (aged 8) and said........

" Torres cost £50m and can miss an open goal and I moan when Benson who cost £250,000 misses one...........never again will I boo him when he does"

I just hope some of our "fans" take note !!

• Options

I was watching the game at home, live , and when he missed it I turned to my son (aged 8) and said........

" Torres cost £50m and can miss an open goal and I moan when Benson who cost £250,000 misses one...........never again will I boo him when he does"

I just hope some of our "fans" take note !!

Spot on....

• Options
    Most of our fans boo Benson when he scores................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shocking miss, when you sit in the pub and say 'I'd have scored that' this time I really meant it !!!!
  • Options

I missed one like that on Friday in 5-a-side.

But then I'm a terrible footballer.

In some ways I found Rooney's penalty funnier - it got better with every different camera.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    This.
  • Options
    Again I'm sure we will be reading columns from ex pros saying "you don't turn into a bad player overnight" etc. Thing is this isn't overnight, he has been poor for a couple of years now. 

I don't doubt he has been playing slightly better at the start of this season but it seems his confidence is so low, for example the goal he set up the other night against Bayer, yes he was unselfish but the Torres we saw when he first came over would have had the confidence/arrogance to take that shot on and probably score. That summed him all up for me.
  • Options
    Cracking goal today. CRACKING.
  • Options
    Rooney, Berbatov and Rameres had fairly awful misses too,
  • Options
    Bit harsh on Berbatov there. Wasn't a great pass from Rooney and he was always heading away from goal
  • Options
    only on here could a miss this funny have all the humour taken out of it and the subject be turned to how crap some of our fans are.
  • Options
    He is a good player, no doubt about it...but his confidence is so low and having a £50m pricetag on your head won't help....I actually felt sorry for him...

Great game of football though!
  • Options
    ValleyGary 10:23PM Quoteonly on here could a miss this funny have all the humour taken out of it and the subject be turned to how crap some of our fans are.
    I have looked at the thread, couldn't see this?