Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Squad for 2012

If everyone was fit who would be the starting 11 in Euro 2012 with you 7 Subs

Hart

Richards Jones Terry A.Cole

Gerrard, Parker, Wilshire

Young Rooney Welbeck

Subs Forster, Smalling, Ferdinand, Lampard, Cleverly, Bent, Sturridge

Comments

• Options
    Forster??? If you're on about Ben Foster he's retired from international football.

I'd have johnson in at right back, and the other johnson playing instead of welbeck.
  • Options
    Elliot in goal
  • Options
    Smalling at right back for me...
  • Options
    sturridge instead of welbeck

Also where is Heskey ; )
  • Options
    Forster??? If you're on about Ben Foster he's retired from international football.

I'd have johnson in at right back, and the other johnson playing instead of welbeck.
    think he is talking about fraser forster mate, young keeper with lots of potential.
    no need to snap at him because you didnt know who he was ...
  • Options
    Is that the guy who was at Norwich?
  • Options
    yeah plays for celtic. never been in an england squad before...dont even think at u21 level.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    yeah plays for celtic. never been in an england squad before...dont even think at u21 level.
    time
    Forster is a top top keeper. It is surprising to me that (e.g.) Alex Ferguson spends lots of money in bringing in a Spaniard and thereby improving the Spanish national side's young players, while he ignores the ability of a keeper like Forster.  I can see Forster at Spurs in a couple of years after Brad the Dad has finally hung up his boots n gloves.
  • Options
    Hart will be englands number 1 for a king time....he is the best keeper in the world imo, and he is still very young in goalkeeping years
  • Options
    Hart will be englands number 1 for a king time....he is the best keeper in the world imo, and he is still very young in goalkeeping years
    agreed, like buses, wait for ages then two or a few come along together
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You have to include Adam Johnson in any England squad, he should be picked ahead of Milner & Wright phillips
  • Options
    I'll be honest i dont know much about him, but how come newcastle don't seem to rate him enough to keep him there? Why would they bring elliot in, knowing they have Krul, Harper and this kid? If the highest level he's played at is SPL, then i cant see how he can be so special, but like i said i dont know much about him.
  • Options
    he had an absolute worldie against us when norwich gained promotion 2 season ago. but i think he went on loan to celtic because he wasnt prepared to be no.2.....pretty sure Harper was playing well then got injured so Krul came in. If forster had stayed he probably would be playing for newcastle now.
  • Options
                          Hart

Johnson   Terry   Jones    Cole

Gerrard    Wilshire    Milner

Johnson               Young
                    Rooney

Not sure about the middle three, parker could well replace either of those who are not Wilshire.
  • Options
                           Hart

Richards  Terry    Jones    Baines

Parker     Wishire    Gerrard

Johnson             Young
                      Rooney 
  • Options
                           Hart

Richards  Terry    Jones    Baines

Parker     Wishire    Gerrard

Johnson             Young
                      Rooney 
  • Options
    You have to include Adam Johnson in any England squad, he should be picked ahead of Milner & Wright phillips
    I wouldn't have him in, his right foot is allergic to the ball. I also can't see him playing enough this season to force his way into the squad.
  • Options
    I would like it to be:

Hart
    Richards, Jones, Cahill, Baines
    Johnson, Parker, Wilshere, Young
    Rooney, Sturridge

Forster, Smalling, Lescott, Milner, Walcott, Welbeck, Bent

but I feel it will be:

Hart
    Johnson, Ferdinand, Terry, Cole
    Barry, Lampard, Gerrard
    Walcott, Rooney, Young

Green, Smalling, Jones, Parker, Downing, Carroll, Welbeck
  • Options
    No way Wilshire wouldn't be in the team. Capello changed his whole 4 4 2 system BECAUSE of him. Plus he's apparently threatened to cut some of the old useless codgers out of the squad... which in my view can be only a good thing!
  • Options
    Agree with you Lonely, Wilshere will definitely play (as long as he is fit). 

I'm interested to know what people on here think of Capello? Personally I think he is the best England manager we have had for many years, I know there isn't too much competition on that front but I think I'm right in saying he has the best record of any England manager and he isn't afraid to break up the old boys club but his problem has definitely been the media. I think he could have handled them better as it seems every hack out there has a personal problem with him but right or wrong that is his style.

I would say that what he is building should stand us in good stead for the future but my worry is when they bring Redknapp in, he will bring in his favourites and drop any one he had a problem with. Capelo seems able to put aside any problems he has had with players if they are performing well e.g.Ashley Young. Can we see 'Arry doing that? I very much doubt it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hart in goal, he's the best keeper England have by a distance.

Richards at right back, very consistent and is playing top level football. I'd have Smalling and Jones at centre back. They may be young, but this will be England's centre back pairing for the next ten years, play them now, they're good enough. Left back is Cole, best left back in the world imo.

I'd play a midfield three with Parker holding, Wilshere left, Gerrard right. Parker's form over the last year shows he is the best England have at defensive midfield. A good season at Tottenham will nail down this spot. Wilshere is England's best young player and just HAS to be a regular now. Remains to be seen how good Gerrard he is when he returns but, if it's anything like the old Gerrard, he'll start.

A front three of Downing right, Rooney centre and Young left. Adam Johnson or Downing, that spot isn't nailed down, but Johnson hasn't been good lately and Downing will play more regularly. Rooney in the hole is his best position imo, but I don't want to split up that midfield trio as it looks good and Rooney is still very good as a striker. Young has totally nailed down the left wing spot, he's a definite to start there.
  • Options

Baines instead of Ashley Cole :)

Lampard is shot, I dont think Gerrard will be fit and I cant stand Barry for England

Hart

Smalling, Terry, Jones, Cole

Milner, Wilshere, Parker, Young

Rooney, Bent

• Options
    I can't bellieve people are still putting Terry in an England shirt!

• Options

It's at the request of the rest of the squad. All the time he's playing and training with them they know where he is.
  • Options
    Hart is a fantastic shot-stopper but is let down with his positional sense (or lack of) at times. Reminds me a bit of David James in the sense that you always feel there's a calamity just aroung the corner. I'm sure this will improve as he gets older, and if he can eliminate this from his game then we will have a world class keeper on our hands.
  • Options

And Steven Gerrard. When was the last time he played well consistently? At least 2 years ago
  • Options
    Rooney Bent

Young Wilshere Parker Johnson

Gibbs Cahill Jones Smalling

Hart

• Options
    My XI would be:

Hart

Richards Jones Smalling Cole

Parker Wilshere Milner

Young Rooney Johnson

It's time to move on from Terry, Lampard and Gerrard and
    build a team that will have the same core of players for the next 2-4
    tournaments. It won’t happen though. Capello will bottle it and bring Barry,
    Gerrard, Rio, Terry and Lampard back in on the
    eve of Euro 2012 if they are all fit.

• Options
    Terry is the first name on the teamsheet when fit....you can't play two 20 year olds at cb in a tournement...experience is vital....I expect cahil to be ahead of Jones, unless Jones is awesome for the rest of the season, which he has s real chance of doing...

In midfield, wilshire, parker and one of gerrard or Barry for me...
  • Options
    I just think Terry can not cope with the slightest bit of pace against him anymore, say with someones like Messi or Torres. Good shout on Cahill, although I'd stick him in for Smalling.