Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Song words you dont no

MCSMCS
edited February 2007 in Other Football and Sports
Hi, live love larf and be happy, these are words in the the red red robin! I didnt no that although the amount of time i heard this song should tell otherwise. Is it just me, or is anyone else rubbish at learning words to songs!

Example, macy grey - 'I wore goggles when you were not here' as opposed to 'my world crumbles when you are not here'

or

'beef chow main chips and ri e i e ice', if anyone can guess what song that is from i will buy them half a pint in the bugle before westham game????? come on you no you no it

Comments

• Options
    Bloody hell- Lightbulb moment!

How many times have i sang that and not put it together with the phrase!

MCS- your not alone!
  • Options
    Werewolves Of London.
  • Options
    Perhaps we ought to get CAFC to publish the words in the prog each home game. Also, out of respect they should not drown it out with that stupid Prem league ditty before it has finished
  • Options
    cool, its not just me then! thank the lawd

btw, the beef chow main bit aint really the words, it just sounds like the words!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]'beef chow main chips and ri e i e ice', if anyone can guess what song that is from i will buy them half a pint in the bugle before westham game????? come on you no you no it

Lily Allen - Smile ?
  • Options
    i'm sitting here singing that in my head to work out if it fits!!!
  • Options
    its not lily allan?
  • Options
    Other favourite ones "Wo-oh-oh-oh me ears are alight" and "Beelzebub has a devil for a sideboard"
  • Options
    Loads more misheard song lyrics here:

http://www.kissthisguy.com
  • Options
    can't remember the song title but was it sung by the Nightcrawlers?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks BFR, I was trying to remember that website. :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: browny[/cite]can't remember the song title but was it sung by the Nightcrawlers?
    'push the feeling on' is the only nightcrawlers tune i know, but amongst the unfathomable lyrics i can't place chow mein chips and rice anywhere.
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Hi, live love larf and be happy, these are words in the the red red robin! I didnt no that although the amount of time i heard this song should tell otherwise. Is it just me, or is anyone else rubbish at learning words to songs!

04mcs. you disappoint me. one of the top posters on here and you fail to notice or make the connection to the 'live love' quote directly under CHARLTON LIFE on our home page.
    you must have smoke in your eyes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]its not lily allan?

I have actually answered your question correctly above if you look!

Werewolves Of London.
  • Options
    Dave, what should the words be?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Loads more misheard song lyrics here:

http://www.kissthisguy.com

www.Kishtheguy.com - ah, we all make mistakes...... ;-)
  • Options
    On holiday last week, my mother-in-law started singing "Oh this year we're off to sunny Spain", this was a bit odd as we were in Devon but hey ho.  Then came the punch line: for 30 years she has thought the song was about an Italian pasta dish, "Oh Viva Lasagne"!
  • Options
    My wife thinks the Queen song is 'I want to referee'.
  • Options
    MCS' s Beef chow mein song must be dizzy by vic reeves and the wonder stuff
  • Options
    My sister was puzzled for a long time as to why Paul Weller in his Jam days was so pent up about the old school tie brigade "eating trifle"!
  • Options
    MCS' s Beef chow mein song must be dizzy by vic reeves and the wonder stuff
    Bloody hell, it's taken you 4 years to come up with an answer, you have far too much time on your hands................................and as he's on his honeymoon, i doubt you'll get an answer. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My wife still reminds me of the time I sang " I want a piece of Betty" along to "I wanna be sedated" by the Ramones
  • Options
    In The Who's So Sad About Us, the line 'Apologies mean nothing,' I always used to sing as 'A pot of cheese means nothing.' And had no reason whatsoever to think it was otherwise.
  • Options
    I thought the line in These Foolish Things was

"Silk stocking thrown aside as invitations" rather than "dance invitations"
  • Options
    My younger sister had quite a few when we were kids the one that sticks in the mind is

Bad Moon Rising - "there's a bathroom on the right" rather than "there's a bad moon on the rise"

But the best one is my 8 year old daughters rendition of "Oh South London" which has been cleaned up at the appropriate point and now is sung 

"its full of chips, jelly and Charlton" at the top of her voice - bless!
  • Options
    not on honeymoon till the 10th sept, but here is someone else who thinks the same lyrics, still dont know what the tune is called tho!! 

Here you go!

• Options
    not on honeymoon till the 10th sept, but here is someone else who thinks the same lyrics, still dont know what the tune is called tho!! 

Here you go!

Are you thinking of "Bucketheads- The Bomb"?

• Options
    Spot on CHG!!!
  • Options
    The lad in the yellow polo shirt gave it away.
  • Options
    Yeah he was spot on too, altho his indian accent is odd!! hehe

• Options
    So after 4 and a half years, i now know what the tune is called!! Top.