Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: Rochdale 2-3 Charlton plus THE PROMO-METER

Many thanks to the 19 Lifers who gave their marks.

I will include the away attendance at Spotland when I receive the information.

Comments

• Options
    LL - Interesting to see that we have the same playing record and number of points as in 2009. The squad has more strength in depth this time around, so we shouldn't "hit the wall" at christmas as we did that season.

Surprised Stephens got such a low mark. He ran the midfield during the opening 45 mins, directed the play, bought team-mates into the build-up and was in full control. He also put his foot in when required. When Rochdale pushed Jones further forward to stifle him after the break, he struggled to keep it going, but re-established control in the last 20 mins when Jones faded. 6.82 seems a bit low, but everyone sees the game differently.

Excellent Stats.
  • Options
    last season we took 274 fans to rochdale
  • Options
    Excellent read...cheers
  • Options
    Yes interesting that we have similar playingrecord to 2009, but another big difference is this squad is not costing the club an arm and a leg. Rid of the over paid championship players, and the squad is on average younger so has  chance to grow together as a team in the next season or two.
  • Options
    thanks oohaahmortimer
  • Options
    Just observing, Lancs ....... according to your stats, Rochdale committed only 4 fouls in 95 minutes (despite having 3 players booked).

This must be some kind of record, I guess - for the lowest number of fouls committed by one side during a game!

;o)

• Options
    Oggy - as they say oop ere "if your going to foul, then do it proper" ;o)
  • Options
    Just observing, Lancs ....... according to your stats, Rochdale committed only 4 fouls in 95 minutes (despite having 3 players booked).

This must be some kind of record, I guess - for the lowest number of fouls committed by one side during a game!

;o)

veaguly recall when we beat chelsea 4v2 on tele, talking about us only committing 4 fouls all game. why i remember that i don't know...
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    What I particularly like is that we haven't conceded a goal in the first 30 minutes of any match. This is such a marked contrast with last season where we seemed to always be letting soft early goals in and then trying to play catch up.

Got to watch that period immediatly after half time though. We seem a lot more vulnerable then.
  • Options
    What I particularly like is that we haven't conceded a goal in the first 30 minutes of any match. This is such a marked contrats with last season where we seemed to always be letting soft early goals in and then trying to play catch up.

Got to watch that period immediatly after half time though. We seem a lot more vulnerable then.
    That's because of the halftime pep talk.......!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wish I'd been there. I just love those away games when we concede 57 per cent possession - and still get all three points. There's something special about walking out of the ground and past all the home supporters on such ocassions with a great big smug grin on your face!
  • Options
    It really didn't feel as though Rochdale had more possession than us. We were the better side.
  • Options
    LL - Interesting to see that we have the same playing record and number of points as in 2009. The squad has more strength in depth this time around, so we shouldn't "hit the wall" at christmas as we did that season.
    Was surprised that our record was identical back then - I remember the next game in the sequence though was the 3-0 defeat at Colchester and from that point on our form became very inconsistent and with Bailey and Burton off form after Xmas it is amazing that we were still in with an outside chance of auto promotion on the last day of the season.
    Not sure about the strength in depth comparison as so many of the second string (Euell, Cort and the mystery man Alonso excepted) are relatively inexperienced.  Like many others on here I am worried about where the goals will come from if BWP has a long spell out and if you look back at the 09/10 season our 2 top scorers barely scored  after Xmas.  We certainly have a more balanced starting eleven and look more solid at the back - I think it was about 6 or 7 games in when Liera's weaknesses were exposed first by Lambert and Holt and then by Colchester - I've been very impressed by Morrison and Taylor so far this season.
    My other concern is that the front runners rarely maintain the pace over the course of the season and hope that we have the funds available to add to the squad in January to ensure we finish the season well- interesting to see that neither Brighton nor Norwich were in the top 4 after 8 games - wish I could be more optimistic - I am actually enjoying watching us far more this season - but have been supporting us long enough to see great starts followed by shocking finishes after Xmas.
  • Options
    The away attendance at Spotland was 587.
  • Options
    Thanks Lancs! BWP 16 shots , wow , next best 7! shows how important he is.