Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Central midfield on Sat?

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
So with Hollands recovering from the triple birth, and Stephens carrying a knock, will we have an all new central midfield on Sat?

Jackson and Pritchard with Evina on the left?

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2011

Hughes will play the Hollands role if he is unavailable. Would like to see Jackson in CM but can't see it this weekend.

Pritchard maybe deserves a league start if Stephens is injured. Alonso not ready after 1 reserve outing.

Stephens did actually play in the holding role for Saints last season (according to 2 Saints fan I met on way back from Col U) so we also have the option of him playing deeper if he is fit and Hollands is out.

• Options
    Sure Hollands will be ok to play  so him and Stephens 
    Alonso to step in if required
  • Options
    I'd doubt if Alonso considered match fit to play just yet
  • Options
    Dotn be surprised to see Hughes step in
  • Options
    Is Stephens ruled out then?

Hollands will play Saturday, he is match fit even he doesn't train all week.
  • Options

Is Stephens ruled out then?

Hollands will play Saturday, he is match fit even he doesn't train all week.

Hollands might be match fit - but his head "might not be in the right place"!!

• Options
    He'll want to play and score a hat-trick for his girls ;-)
  • Options
    I hope you are right!  More likely with 3 screaming babies that he'll be asleep by half-time!
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Pritchard start if he isn't in the side that played today.
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Pritchard start if he isn't in the side that played today.
    My thinking, too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Of course Hollands will train  - he'll want a break and will take the chance to get out the house. Also, if you have a place in a winning team, the last thing you want is to potentially lose it - ask Danny Green. As for Stephen's we'll have to see if he is fit - he will have had a full week to recover. We could see Euell or Prichard as options to Hughes don't forget. The game is at home so will affect Chrissy's thinking I'm sure but my guess is no change from the previous Saturday.
  • Options
    Powelly won't make any changes to a winning team, unless it's forced on him.
  • Options

Waggy (Green) - Stephens (Pritch/Alonso) - Hollands (Hughes) - Jacko

My opinion on what it could be, brackets are possible but the one's out of brackets are what I'd like the same winning players!

• Options
    I'm guessing Pritchard was protected today incase Stephens isnt fit.

Personally think it will be as you were.

Hollands will play.
  • Options
    if Stephens doesn't play then Pritchard will replace him. Hollands shouldn't be to tired yet ; ) so he should play 
  • Options
    Powelly won't make any changes to a winning team, unless it's forced on him.
    It pretty much has Oggy. If Hollands was out id switch him for Andy Hughes, if Stephens is out switch him for Pritchard (Although I can see the possibility of him being swapped instead for Euell, but I think that would be grossly unfair after the promise Pritchard has shown)
  • Options
    Would we be confident going into the game with a central midfield of Hughes and Pritchard? I wouldn't in the slightest.
  • Options
    We might not have any other choice Mike, unless you pull Jacko in that might be what we have to do realistically.
  • Options
    Why are we assuming Hollands will be out?  His wife might still be in hospital for all we know so he could sleeping better than he has (or will again) for ages.

Stephens went off injured but might just be a precaution and he has time to get fit.

We shall see.

Alonso was doing timed sprints with the Physio after being subbed so seems they are still checking on his fitness levels.
  • Options
    Hollands will play of that I have no doubt. Plenty of family to help out and I'm sure he'll be employing a nanny too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not sure if Euell would be as effective in a 4 man midifeld, fear we may get overrun a bit.

• Options
    Why wouldn't Hollands play he didn't have the babies, his missus might not be able to, just yet but he has to play,

Stephens will play aswell I reckon if not jacko in the middle waggy left green right

• Options
    Anyone think there's a chance that Euell might play as the attacking midfielder if Stephens isn't fit/plays the deeper role?

Isn't it nice to have options for a change..............
  • Options
    I don't think Hughes and Pritchard were all that impressive against Preston. I reckon one of Hollands and Stephens will be in. Euell could do a job
  • Options

The only reason people think Stephens wont play is that, when part of a tactical double sub late in the game, he limped a bit when coming off. Prob just a slight dead leg.

And if you think Hollands will miss playing in front of 20k plus, you must be joking.

Unchanged side.

• Options

If both out (I doubt it), i'd play:

Hamer

Solly - Taylor - Morrison - Wiggy

Green - Jacko - Bover

Waggy - BWP - Evina

• Options
    Hollands should be on a high after his last week, so long as he's had enough sleep he should play. If Stephens isn't 100% fit, I'd rather see Pritchard given a chance. Sticking with a winning team even if they are not 100% fit is not a good idea. Parky tried it with Deon Burton, not only did his goals dry up, but the team started losing. Powell is lucky that he has a strong squad, he shouldn't be afraid to use it when needed.
  • Options
    I expect no changes but if forced on us then i like nth london addick's idea. Sooner or later we are gonna have to play Waggy and Stephens together. Its our Lampard/Gerrard problem!
  • Options
    I expect no changes but if forced on us then i like nth london addick's idea. Sooner or later we are gonna have to play Waggy and Stephens together. Its our Lampard/Gerrard problem!
    haven't Waggy and Stephens played together in every league game this season?  : - )

• Options
    These are the sort of calls best left to the manager, Chris sees them every day, and I'm sure he'll make the best decision given the circumstances, by the way belated congratulations to the Hollands family( saves me posting on another thread).