Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradley Pritchard - Broken Foot

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
Is not going to play a part Saturday or for the near future as our mate from SLP is reporting he has broken his foot.

RichCawleySLP
Richard Cawley

#cafc midfielder Bradley Pritchard out - suspected broken foot tinyurl.com/3p3oflw

Comments

• Options
    Real shame, had been pushing Stephens an hollands hard
  • Options
    yep deserves a place on the bench more than Hughes IMO, only good thing is Alonso is finally close
  • Options
    Thats bad for him :-(

Hopefully it's Cawley being wrong again
  • Options

That sucks! Will be out for at least six weeks. Really good time for Alonso to come into contention if this is true.

• Options
    It's never a good thing but I suppose if it had to happen now is a better time than over christmas/the end of season when it will be all hands to the pumps. He's looked very impressive, he had to be in contention for a starting place should the main CM pair get injured or suspended, I for one would take him over Hughes on what I've seen.
  • Options
    suspected so let's hope not as bad as thought.

Anyway he's supposed to have a degree in sports science so why did he let himself get injured in the first place?  : - )

Doing well so far and seems to have had no problems moving up to this level of football.
  • Options
    Thats a shame...There is also a question mark above hollands head at the moment, I expect either Hughes or Alonso involved saturday.
  • Options
    The real worry is will he be OK to come to Bromley Addicks (along with Matt Taylor) on Wednesday 12 October at 8.00pm
  • Options

That is a real bummer for the lad.
  • Options
    Don't forget we got Euell who can step in along with Warren who could fill in on the bench. We don't want to rush Alonso back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's a real shame as i thought he looked good when i've seen him play..let's hope he's back soon.
  • Options
    What a shame - he has done really well at the club as far as I can tell (he probably wasn't expected by most to be anywhere near the first team having come from non-league) and I was looking forward to seeing him in around the first 11 in the next few weeks as what little I have seen of him has really impressed me.

I hope it's not as bad as we think - good luck Bradley, get well soon.
  • Options

That is a real real shame. I'd really taken to him and thought we would see him in the 1st team before too long. Shittenpoopencrappen.

• Options
    Yes, have been impressed with what little I have seen of him and he has a chance - hope it doesn't set him back too much.
  • Options
    Pity as he was settling in well. As above, let's hope 'suspected' is not 'confirmed'
  • Options
    BBC have it down as 4-6 weeks with a broken metertarsal
  • Options
    Pity as he was settling in well. As above, let's hope 'suspected' is not 'confirmed'
  • Options
    he's supposed to have a degree in sports science so why did he let himself get injured in the first place?  : - )

Them's the worst. We've got a chap called Robbie Joseph at KCCC with a similar degree. Fine bowler when he's fit. But he's managed 49 first-class matches in 12 seasons. Keeps pulling muscles nobody without a degree in sports science has ever bloody heard of !
  • Options
    Hollands and Stephens will both play. Green will come in on the bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get well soon - with a one year contract he needs some first team experience to get another contract so I hope for his sake that he isn't out for long.
  • Options
    he's supposed to have a degree in sports science so why did he let himself get injured in the first place?  : - )

Them's the worst. We've got a chap called Robbie Joseph at KCCC with a similar degree. Fine bowler when he's fit. But he's managed 49 first-class matches in 12 seasons. Keeps pulling muscles nobody without a degree in sports science has ever bloody heard of !

Isn't that what Kent fast bowlers do? Get injured all the time?

• Options
    Get well soon - with a one year contract he needs some first team experience to get another contract so I hope for his sake that he isn't out for long.
    I'd be surprised if he's not offered a new deal by the spring.
  • Options
    Bradley Pritchard has had op on broken foot. #cafc boss Chris Powell: "It was successful and we're hoping to have him back in four weeks."
  • Options
    Bradley Pritchard has had a hop on his broken foot. #cafc boss Chris Powell: "It was successful and we're hoping to have him back in four weeks."
    ;-)
  • Options
    And Charlton life didnt sponsor him in the end - so its not our fault.
  • Options
    Gutted, really like the look of this guy. Hope for a speedy recovery to hot up competition for places.
  • Options
    And Charlton life didnt sponsor him in the end - so its not our fault.
    It WAS our fault.  If we'd sponsored him he'd have been fine : - )