Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doncaster - Sean o'Driscoll

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
Long time favourite on here, placed on gardening leave apparently.

Anyone know what's going on there ?,

Comments

• Options
    No win since 1 March. Dean Saunders to come in if you believe the beeb.
  • Options
    Sack Powell and bring him in NOW.  We have to stop the rot.

Only joking - Still fully behind the Powell Evolution Project but wait till our first league defeat....

As for O'Driscoll sure they are bottom but do his previous achievements count for so little.  This is Doncaster's highest league placing for over 50 years
  • Options
    I would have thought Doncaster's plight at present is due to injuries to strikers which has been carried over from last season not O'Driscoll's management.  There a club punching above their wieght financially, so sooner or later with the added problems you get over a couple of seasons of loosing your best players and injuries the rot sets in and you can't get out of it.  
  • Options
    Well palarse are going in my accumulator tomorrow
  • Options
    Long time favourite on here, placed on gardening leave apparently.

Anyone know what's going on there ?,
    I think he has a very big garden to look after.
  • Options
    Straightforward case of a team not winning and the manager getting sacked. Doncaster Rovers has been dubbed the 'Arsenal of the Championship'  for it's attractive passing game and like the London version, recent results have gone walkabout. O'Driscioll forged a good and successful side there up until the year before last and like most successful smaller clubs his best players have been coveted and snared by bigger clubs. Mr Ryan the owner has pumped a lot of money into the club and is keen to protect his investment. Dean Saunders has taken Wrexham to near the top of the conference and is being given a chance at a higher level. If Saunders manages as well as he talks expect to see Doncaster Rovers challenging for the Premier League title before too long. 
  • Options
    Was very impressed with what he achieved which I think was based on the strength of undersatnding the players had with each other. With a smaller club it is hard to keep players together and that sort of team takes a while to build. Feels like a big mistake for them. He can't change from a good to a bad manager in such a short space of time.