Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yoof!

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
Anyone know what was going on with the home fans in the jimmy seed?

Comments

• Options
    Wasn't at the game can anyone shed any light on the incident?
  • Options
    There was no incident.

About 40 cafc sitting in the south. All looked about 14 years old from the other end. Five mins in the heavy mob seemed to decide the twenty foot dividing net wouldn't be enough to contain these raging zitmeisters so made everyone move along another block. The terror alert remained red hot however and ten mins later decided on mass to move them all to the east. Most missed the goal whilst being moved
  • Options
    JS didn't really need to be segregated, should have stuck them in the East?
  • Options
    One was ejected. Watched him get frog marched through the away end.

Handled pretty badly to be honest.
    To be fair we should not condemn until we know what went on, however it looked.
  • Options

• Options
    What was to point of opening the South to home fans in the first place? All the extra stewards and police they would have had to lay on just for 20 odd people.
  • Options
    I think they decided to move the few out of the South so they could use the catering facilities at both ends for the away supporters. So they needed to move them out before half time but the rent-a-mob security were way over the top. They have done this a few times already this season with the away supporters and a different approach is needed.

The club shouldn't have sold any seats in the South until the East was full and then this ludicrous situation would not have happened.

• Options
    The club shouldn't have sold any seats in the South until the East was full and then this ludicrous situation would not have happened.

Agree with that
  • Options
    Looked a complete shambles. Why was a Charlton fan taken out through the away end, instead of being taken out the gate at the front and alongside the pitch? More stewards than fans it seemed and it's not as if the Chesterfield fans were baying for blood. Report from Club should be interesting.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Typical rent-a-mob shambles from our stewards.

Feel sorry for any of them caught up in it and assuming the fella getting ejected only to be dragged through Chesterfield's end (I know the majority of stewards aren't quite competing for MENSA but dear me) only got slung out because he told the idiots where to go I am pretty unimpressed by the whole thing.

Only lousy part of the day for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    think it made it worse when they were moving them just as we scored. I would not be happy to miss that goal.
  • Options
    Have to laugh at some of the comments on this thread. What actually happened for those interested in facts is that our yoof spent the first five minutes gesticulating at the away fans, the stewards moved them, they continued hand shandying the away fans so the decision was taken to relocate them into the east. One fan was ejected no story here now please move along.
  • Options
    Football fans in swearing shock horror!

Ketters can assure you the kids in question were not 'youth'!
  • Options
    Have to laugh at some of the comments on this thread. What actually happened for those interested in facts is that our yoof spent the first five minutes gesticulating at the away fans, the stewards moved them, they continued hand shandying the away fans so the decision was taken to relocate them into the east. One fan was ejected no story here now please move along.

I agree, we could all see that from The Covered End. The chances of enticing some of the "new" fans back would not be helped by that behaviour or what it could have escalated into, if there were no stewards or police to prevent it.
  • Options
    Ketters can assure you the kids in question were not 'youth'!
    Who cares? They were knobheads either way.
  • Options
    I don't, I know Mr K to speak to so was a bit of in humour. Is that ok on here?
  • Options

How did you manage to quote someone when your post appeared first?
  • Options

How did you manage to quote someone when your post appeared first?
    Time travel.  It's the latest thing, you knew.
  • Options
    Not really the latest thing, more the next thing or old thing depending on where you time travel too.
  • Options
    One was ejected. 
    Don't go getting all posh on us !!!!

The correct sentence was "I was ejected"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All looked about 14 years old from the other end.

Well the one thing this thread confirms is i need my eyes tested !
  • Options
    Who said that ?
  • Options
    Still doesn't answer the question of why they bothered to put home fans in the away end if there were enough spaces in the rest of the ground.
  • Options
    because as Airman Brown has said the Club didn't know if there would be enough spaces in the rest of the ground and hoped there wouldn't.

With hindsight it wasn't needed but the decision to split the Jimmy Seed stand (IT'S NOT THE FECKING SOUTH STAND ALL OF YOU) had to be made four days before the game due to the Police wanting to know.
  • Options
    Even the police should know its the Jimmy Seed Stand