Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Re-united.

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
Just got back from Plymouth Argyle.

Today was Fans Re-united day, where fans from clubs all over the country were asked to come to today's Home Park match, wearing their own team's colours.

It was a great opportunity for all supporters to show solidarity with the plight of Argyle and their fans.

Pride of place must go to the coachload of Brighton fans who came all the way specially - they really made themselves heard, and often led the Argyle singing in the Devonport End.
Great to have a beer with them in the Britannia Inn beforehand - and on seeing my Charlton shirt, freely said how much they appreciated our fans' support back in 1997.
Plus lots of banter about Stevie Gritt, John Robinson and of course Gary Nelson, who also played for Argyle as well as Brighton and Charlton.

There were also fans from Norwich, Pompey, Southampton, Newport County, Stoke, Bristol City, etc. And not a Man U or Chel$ki shirt to be seen.

One proud moment, when during the game, the Devonport sang "Stand up for the Charlton fan" .......me, in my Charlton shirt!
Then they sang the same for the other teams' fans who had come along to the game to show their solidarity.

The atmosphere was really rocking as everyone joined in together.

One other point, in case it went unoticed ...... a first win of the season for Argyle!
But all round, a great day for football.

Comments

• Options
    PS: I met another Charlton fan called Dale at half time.

Seeing my Charlton shirt, he came over. I said to him, where's your shirt then?

No shirt, but he rolled his trouser leg up to reveal  a large tattoo of the Charlton badge along his calf!
  • Options
    Sounds great, Oggy - well done for keeping up the good name of our wonderful club.

It is always good when you meet (most) opposition fans, as so many of them seem to have a soft spot for us!  Brighton fans are particularly fond of us due to our support for their return to Falmer.  I am listening to 606 and they are getting loads of complementary comments for going down there today by the coachload - fair play to them.

Glad to hear you had such a good day.
  • Options
    Nice one Oggy
  • Options
    Thanks, guys ........really good day.

Victory for football!
  • Options
    Nice 1 oggy.
  • Options
    Well played Oggy! My step-cousin plays for their academy, so i wish them all the best just for that! 
  • Options
    Good work Oggy.  Sounds a good day all round.

One thing that surprised me was that a Plymouth fan on 606 said it was a shame Ridsdale was going.  Any reason why he might say that, I thought he was one of the pantomime villains.
  • Options
    I hope it get better four them oggy .
  • Options

Good work Tiddy Oggy, late father's family is from Bude where coaches were run to Home Park back in the day, so always keep an eye out for the Greenies, really hope their problems can be sorted.

Would appreciate a regular update of ongoing developments from their fans point of view on this forum if that would be possible Oggy.

• Options
    Well done Oggy. I went to the original Brighton game. Got a soft spot for them ever since.

Hope things get sorted for them soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant.
  • Options
    Well played Oggy, if we did not play at home today I would have joined you.

I got a soft spot for Plymouth and I really enjoyed our away game against them last season and the supporters are a decent bunch.

Nice for them to get a win :-)
  • Options

Good work Tiddy Oggy, late father's family is from Bude where coaches were run to Home Park back in the day, so always keep an eye out for the Greenies, really hope their problems can be sorted.

Would appreciate a regular update of ongoing developments from their fans point of view on this forum if that would be possible Oggy.

Will do, Peacock ....... I'm mates with a whole bunch of Greenies.
  • Options
    Driving back home from the Valley last night on route back to Leicestershire I was listening to 606, they had some callers from Brighton and Plymouth who were talking about the day and the turnout form 'other' teams supporters........Charlton were mentioned so that must have been you Oggy!!
    Plymouth fans were so thankful of the support they got from elsewhere.......just shows that there is a good side to footie fans (as many of us on here know), pity that the written press very rarely report it!!

Well done Oggy mate!!

NB also had an addick fan call in about the game and how well CP is doing......got a comment from Chappers and Jason Roberts but that was it.......spent most of the time on the bloody Prem again..mainly Liverpool and Chelsea.
  • Options
    Well done Oggy - Charlton Ambassador Extraordinairre :- )
  • Options
    now that's proper football

well done oggy on becoming Charlton ambassador 
  • Options
    Well done OR for going down to PA. Pleased that Charlton were represented. Thanks
  • Options
    Not surprised that you saw no Man utd or chelsea fans as they're either watching 'real' football in the comfort of their armchairs or being dragged around the high st by their wives.
  • Options
    Not surprised that you saw no Man utd or chelsea fans as they're either watching 'real' football in the comfort of their armchairs or being dragged around the high st by their wives.
    Of course!

We were all fans together on Saturday .......even Saints talking to Pompey.
  • Options
    No palace?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well done, didnt know anything about this or would have grabbed a ticket
  • Options

Didn't know it was on, what a great idea.

• Options
    well done, didnt know anything about this or would have grabbed a ticket
    Shame, Shine. Wouldn't have been too for you to come (Totnes?) and would have been great to meet up.
    I found out quite late on when one of my Greeny mates mentioned it - I didn't get time to post before the match.

Never saw any Palace, Misty......wouldn't have spoken to them anyway.  ;o)
  • Options
    I know one bloke in Plymouth who's palarse, but he looks like olive from on the busses.
  • Options
    Says it all, then!
  • Options
    I would have gone myself but I'm poorer than a churchmouse, who's wife has just run off with all the cheese, leaving an enormous tax bill!