Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Run to the beat

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
Anybody do the race today? I tore through my previous half marathon time of 1h45, did it in 1:34:50 which I was delighted with. Topped off a cracking weekend in south-east London.

Comments

• Options
    Nice one, well done - cracking time as well.
  • Options
    Nice one, well done - cracking time as well.
    I done it in 20 mins........and that included stopping for pertrol and a mars bar....... ;-)

Seriously, well done paul.
  • Options
    Well done! It was hotter today than expected. My daughter cut 15 mins off last year and so was pleased with 1.55 mins. I was a 'support' runner only and shattered !
  • Options
    Cheers all. Was good weather and saw a few Charlton fans along the way. Lots of people living along the route cheering people on. 

That's brilliant for your daughter eynsford, it was hot wasn't it, it ain't easy running up those hills from Woolwich either!
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Well done Paul - great effort to slaughter your pb like that especially in the heat - London marathon next year??

I did it last year - my first race;The support is great but this year I thought £47 was a rip-off so instead I did the  Tonbridge half for £20 (very scenic but hilly, I swear there isn't a flat stretch on the route) today in a similar time (1:33:39) - pleased with that because of injury I've only been back running six weeks so that's a good 10mins faster than I expected.
  • Options
    yeh it was expensive but it was a good atmosphere etc. ive applied for a ballot place for the marathon, so will see... the thought of doing it all again at the end today though was a daunting one! that sounds incredible 1.33.39 with the hills, nice one! whats your pb? think i will look out for another half marathon in the next few months as potential prep somewhere, wanna try and maintain this level of fitness..!
  • Options
    Wow. Were you on here when all us heavyweights and unfittys did this the first ever year? We raised tonnes for demelza. Great day but I will never do it again. Who has the picture of us?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Wow. Were you on here when all us heavyweights and unfittys did this the first ever year? We raised tonnes for demelza. Great day but I will never do it again. Who has the picture of us?
    Agreed, never again lol...

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Ha. Thanks john boy. Look at me the only woman. Was just saying today about the nice weather and how we all had to stand inside for an hour then go outside and queue in the rain for ages.
  • Options
    Great effort for all who took part, did a marathon about a year ago and although it was horrible really have the urge to do it again! Sub 1hr40 is a brilliant time and one I can only dream of! Looking into the Brighton half in the new year and hoping for a 1hr50 time if the conditions go my way! Congrats to all involved!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ha. Thanks john boy. Look at me the only woman.
    Some here would argue against that.  ;-)