Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone else developed a man crush on Chrissy Powell?

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
I am starting to really like his Post and Pre match conferences ..

I like it .. 

Comments

• Options
    Yep, you're not the only one...
  • Options

back off

i was there first he's mine

SCP will always be mine

• Options
    Id defo tea bag him!
  • Options

back off

i was there first he's mine

SCP will always be mine

Have you broken this news to Curbs yet?
    ;-)
  • Options

curbs and i have an open relationship and he completely understands

• Options

curbs and i have an open relationship and he completely understands

Thats not what he told me last night. He was still furious over breakfast.
  • Options
    The man talks sense and does sensible things. He's an intelligent well grounded guy, such a delight after the run of misfits that we endured after Curbs departed. I love the way that he has constructed a team and a squad, full of players who compliment each other all over the pitch. Hollands/Stephens, Morrison/Taylor, Solly/Wagstafff, SWP/Hayes, Wiggins/Jackson.
    Contrast that with Pardew's ad-hoc approach of just bringing in anyone available for an inflated fee even if we didn't require them.
  • Options
    The man talks sense and does sensible things. He's an intelligent well grounded guy, such a delight after the run of misfits that we endured after Curbs departed. I love the way that he has constructed a team and a squad, full of players who compliment each other all over the pitch. Hollands/Stephens, Morrison/Taylor, Solly/Wagstafff, SWP/Hayes, Wiggins/Jackson.
    Contrast that with Pardew's ad-hoc approach of just bringing in anyone available for an inflated fee even if we didn't require them.
    If I had the energy I would investigate Pardew's relationships with players agents.
    Just out of interest, you understand.
  • Options
    If I had the energy I would investigate Pardew's relationships with players agents.
    It would be an interesting investigation for someone who does have the energy!
  • Options
    I reckon that Dowie's (past) relationships might be even more interesting. Just as a compare and contrast exercise, you understand...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Know how you feel about SCP, lads . He really is unique.

But could you also find a little lurve for those who had the  b***s to bring him to the Club ?

Let's have a group hug with Messrs Varney, Slater, Jiminez & Powell !

The Charlton All Stars .

• Options
    Watching Powell in interviews, I get the impression that he's probably as excited as we are and puts on a calm persona when he wants to just jump up & down like a girl screaming "we are top of the league, say we are top of the league"

So, we'll just have to do it on his behalf:

Altogether now........................"We are top of the league, say we are top of the league"
  • Options
    I had no idea Shaun Wright Phillips signed for us. 
  • Options

No, no man crush.

He has too many admirers already and it would all end in tears.

• Options
    Watching Powell in interviews, I get the impression that he's probably as excited as we are and puts on a calm persona when he wants to just jump up & down like a girl screaming "we are top of the league, say we are top of the league"

So, we'll just have to do it on his behalf:

Altogether now........................"We are top of the league, say we are top of the league"

This is an excellent post.

• Options
    I reckon that Dowie's (past) relationships might be even more interesting. Just as a compare and contrast exercise, you understand...
    I concur.  An interesting topic relating to Mr Dowie.

As for Pardew you can see what a bad manager he is from how poorly his current team are doing : - )
  • Options
    Good point Henry. I think Pardew was decent for us at first but when the wheels came off (not entirely his fault) he didn't have a clue how to fix it. When things are going well as they seem to be now, he can be effective. The Wheels came off last season for Chrissy and with no track record as a manager he needed to hit the ground running tis season. The fact that under this pressure he has (ruthlessly when required) molded a completely new and excellent side shows that we have something a bit special on our hands.

At the start of the season I hoped against hope that this would be the case but it is unusual for things to go so right for Charlton and the fans.
  • Options
    Full on manlove.
  • Options
    Really loving being a Charlton fan at the moment.  Haven't said that for a few years!!
  • Options
    If we go up this year can imagine a pitch invasion with everyone lifting chris powell in the air (crowd surfing).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good point Henry. I think Pardew was decent for us at first but when the wheels came off (not entirely his fault) he didn't have a clue how to fix it. When things are going well as they seem to be now, he can be effective. The Wheels came off last season for Chrissy and with no track record as a manager he needed to hit the ground running tis season. The fact that under this pressure he has (ruthlessly when required) molded a completely new and excellent side shows that we have something a bit special on our hands.

At the start of the season I hoped against hope that this would be the case but it is unusual for things to go so right for Charlton and the fans.
    Agree Mutts, (though I always felt Chrissy treated last season as an experiment in readiness for this season, as it now appears is the case) but my point about Pardee was not about his team management skills, more about his player purchase selection methods and who might benefit from them.
    Just out of academic interest, you understand. I am not suggesting a complex web of conflicts of interest.
    Not from what I've heard.
  • Options
    I think everyone at the Coventry game when SCP scored developed a man crush on him then and there. 
  • Options
    I think everyone at the Coventry game when SCP scored developed a man crush on him then and there. 
    Agreed.  My favourite Charlton moment for a long time; possibly the last decade.  Everything seemed to go in slow motion when I saw him running into the box to connect to that (Grant Basey?) pass.  Even the oldies around me were on their feet and jumping around.  Incredible.
  • Options
    Had a Lewisham Branch CASC meeting the night before CP was called up for the England squad, My Dad (who doesn't really follow Football) came to the meeting and said after "Are all footballers that polite" ? After the meeting, as Chris was leaving He made a point to come over to us and said Thank You for a good evening". He then tried to pull the door open without noticing the "Push" sign: Dad said "Hope you can pass the football better than you can pass the door". I cringed, but CP laughed and said "Hope so". I actually cried the next day........
  • Options
    Just Me & My Dad then ?  ;-)
  • Options
    Not at all mate ;0)