Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rhoys Wiggins

2»

Comments

• Options
    Reminds me a bit of Luke Young. Even on his worst days he is at least decent, when he's having a good day he's perhaps the best full back in the league. I think there's more to come from him.
  • Options
    looked excellent on Saturday to me - best game of the season so far and hopefully a barometer for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    Don't know about Luke Young, more like Mark Reid to me. Looks better defensively in every game & links up well with Jackson when pushing forward. Strong & speedy & constantly blocks crosses. Another very good signing !
  • Options
    sadly not tall enough will never make it
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I'm just loving the balance of the team. On the right Solly is a proper full-back with a pacey winger in front of him allowing him to sit back and concentrate on defending. Whereas on the left we have an attacking full-back who like to overlap Jacko who, as a left sided midfielder realises that when this happens is happy to sit and cover the gap.

His movement tends to push the oppositions RM deeper than he'd probably like to be by defending high up the field, yet he has pace and energy to burn to enable him to get back into position quickly.

Fantastic signing in my eyes.
  • Options
    I'm just loving the balance of the team. On the right Solly is a proper full-back with a pacey winger in front of him allowing him to sit back and concentrate on defending. Whereas on the left we have an attacking full-back who like to overlap Jacko who, as a left sided midfielder realises that when this happens is happy to sit and cover the gap.

His movement tends to push the oppositions RM deeper than he'd probably like to be by defending high up the field, yet he has pace and energy to burn to enable him to get back into position quickly.

Fantastic signing in my eyes.

Sollys not afraid to get forward himself though. With Waggy very wide, that opens space in front of him to get into slighly narrower. Once or twice hes been a threat getting into that space.
  • Options

rhoys looks so comfortable on the ball and he has a decent left peg as well

reminds me of myself back in the day

except he's good

• Options
    edited September 2011

rhoys looks so comfortable on the ball and he has a decent left peg as well

reminds me of myself back in the day

Wiggins always goes to away games, Oooh Aaaaaaargh!

;o)
  • Options
    back in the day oggy so did i !!
  • Options
    edited September 2011

I was impressed with him last year and have felt over the last two games he is looking like a real prospect.

As others have said the balance of the team is excellant , plus the fact that Hollands is left footed and we look really strong on that side , and have Evina , Bover and Harriott as genuine lefties as well as potential cover .

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    sssh...........don't start talking about lefties or Henry will be posting Billy Bragg songs again. ;-)
  • Options
    What is it with us taking on people who were left backs for Palace and them turning into good players for us?
  • Options
    One of the strongest left backs in League One.

And Evina's definitely the best second choice left back! Good times.
  • Options
    On standby for Wales' internationals
  • Options

He took time to settle and I was worried he could turn out to be the "bad" buy. However his performances have improved and when it really matters in the away games at Frachise and Sunt he has excelled.

My opinion has changed and he could be a good player for us for several years

• Options
    I know it's completely out of fashion, but we've got three good centre backs and full backs that can attack.  I'd be interested to see how we might shape up with a 532 with Jacko tucking in (as he does anyway) and Wiggy given the feedom of the flank.  It's a shame Cort's away as the JPT might have been a good place to try whacky ideas.
  • Options
    I saw enough of him donw here that I never doubted he would be an excellent signing. Taken a little while to settle in maybe but now starting to see the quality come through. Would be more than comfortable at Championship level IMO.
  • Options
    I was in the "unsure" camp as I thought he looked weak at the back but he seems to be growing in confidence as each week passes.
  • Options
    According to The Exeter commentary West Brom scouts are at the ground watching Wiggins today.
  • Options
    Uh ohhhhh..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    According to The Exeter commentary West Brom scouts are at the ground watching Wiggins today.
    It's not true until its on football rumours !
  • Options
    Good for them, it'll give them a chance to watch a good footballer for a change.
  • Options
    Good for them, it'll give them a chance to watch a good footballer for a change.
    brilliant

• Options
    And Powell in the post match interview with Phil Parry said no one was coming or going before Tuesday
  • Options
    LordRomford started this thread by pointing out how Rhoys seemed to divide opinion. I confess that after his first two games I was under-impressed. It seemed to me that his passing was fairly poor and his movement was square or back. Then suddenly something happened and he started to terrorise the opposition with play which makes him our Gareth Bale. Great defensively and when going forward, there is no-one who can challenge him in this division.
  • Options
    Wiggins=Absolute quality
    Enough said
  • Options
    Wiggins=Absolute quality
    Enough said
    Yep
  • Options
    If there is a better left back outside the premiership, i'd like to know who he is! A player we will need to hold on to next season for our Premiership push.