Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

things you nicked as a kid

2»

Comments

• Options
    When I lived in Charlton I nicked a tin of boot polish from the parade at the top of Victoria Way!

One of the kids I went to school with in Crawley pinched the milkmans payment book & went round collecting all the monies
    About thirty of us from school got a caution from the police for accepting gifts off him bought with the proceeds!
    A Smiths best of tape, didn't even have it's dust jacket had one of those thingamie's from Woolies sating 'replacement cover'.  Never did have much brains to nick something decent.
    I will tell my mate who took the photograph of the 'Smiths' outside the Manchester boys club, he did quite a few for them in the early days........he would probably say good on yah
    Joke of it is that most photographs of bands pay virtually nothing for these photographs, and use them everywhere, for years, or should I say there record/mangement companies.

• Options
    About 100 quid a week off the bar in the nightclub I used to work at. Took me about 7 minutes of working there to figure out that they made so much money off the post-mix soft drinks (cost about 25 quid a box, which gave you about 1000 'servings' of cola syrup, and they charged £1.80 a glass) that they didn't have a Danny whether you rang them through the till or not. Did that for about a year. Then my brother came along and started taking them for about 500 notes a week. How in the name of God he never got his legs broken (or worse) when they finally confronted him about it a few months later I'll never know.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Most ridiculous thing was two small bottles of glitter for an art project, combined cost of less than a quid, from Dartford Co-Op. Was so easy to just put them in my pocket and walk out, so I just did!

We had a girl lived near us that was born with only one arm. She was a demon shop-lifter! I think it was because security didn't think she was the type or felt sorry for her. She took albums and massive easter eggs from Woolworths and clothes from various shops around town. She used to take orders and then go out after school. She works as an accountant now!!! 
  • Options
    Most ridiculous thing was two small bottles of glitter for an art project, combined cost of less than a quid, from Dartford Co-Op. Was so easy to just put them in my pocket and walk out, so I just did!

We had a girl lived near us that was born with only one arm. She was a demon shop-lifter! I think it was because security didn't think she was the type or felt sorry for her. She took albums and massive easter eggs from Woolworths and clothes from various shops around town. She used to take orders and then go out after school. She works as an accountant now!!! 
    your friend's still on the fiddle then !!
  • Options
    And when kids steal now they are considered scum..hmmmm.
    I can confirm that as a 15 year old who's had his scuffles 
    And over here, one complete scumbag......................guilty as charged !!
  • Options
    A large Union Jack from a fun fair (I still have it)

the 8-ball from a pool table in the disco we used to hang out in (found it again just the other day)

• Options
    Matchbox cars - to think the money they'd be worth now if I still had them in their little boxes!
  • Options

'stop children'  lollypop ladies sign. We also used to put a playing card above the returned coins slots in phone boxes and come back a day or so later, remove it and collect - not good i know but was a hell of an earner when you were 10 years old.

• Options

45rpm's from elpees

• Options
    Done 24 hours community nicking from the record shop next to the police station in Sidcup Hight Street. Was it Leake and Hickmotts ?
    When stopped by a copper further down the high street I had 32 copies of "Im the Urban Space Man Baby" by the Bonzo Dog Do Dah Band inside my crombie.
    Street cred was ruined.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

'stop children'  lollypop ladies sign. We also used to put a playing card above the returned coins slots in phone boxes and come back a day or so later, remove it and collect - not good i know but was a hell of an earner when you were 10 years old.

During the early 80's, the phone box outside my local shops had the coin collecting box broken into. It had a sliding metal plate for a door. I found it on the floor of the phone box, slid it back on and went down there every night for about 3 weeks to collect my "winnings". There was at least £15 everyday. I was gutted when they noticed this and repaired it. Had a good mind to write to Telecom and complain about them stealing my fag money.
  • Options
    nicked a goal net once. Mate got his first car and was all proud of it so we went round in the middle of the night and completely covered the car in the net as if it was captured by a fishing trawler.