Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Donalds 1 - 1 Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2011

Must have been watching a different game to CAFC-SE7!

Solly man of match absolutely no way, gave away the penalty and he really struggled against a very good left winger who was surprisingly substituted in the second half.

MOM for me was Hamer kept us in the game with a string of good saves.

We were totally outplayed in the first half by a very neat Dons side. Showed a bit of fight and spirit in the second half and was rewarded with a goal from the only bit of class all night. Green must start on Saturday, there left back had Waggy in his pocket all night.

A good point in the end, but if Sam Baldock was still playing for Dons, we would have lost.

• Options

Must have been watching a different game to CAFC-SE7!

Solly man of match absolutely no way, gave away the penalty and he really struggled against a very good left winger who was surprisingly substituted in the second half.

MOM for me was Hamer kept us in the game with a string of good saves.

We were totally outplayed in the first half by a very neat Dons side. Showed a bit of fight and spirit in the second half and was rewarded with a goal from the only bit of class all night. Green must start on Saturday, there left back had Waggy in his pocket all night.

A good point in the end, but if Sam Baldock was still playing for Dons, we would have lost.

Solly Struggled ??? He was pure class and if it wasn't for him breaking down the play we would have been dead an buried by half time. 
  • Options
    Fair enough Essex Al but you say he was up against a very good Ballanta, can not remember him getting past Solly and he was isolated all night long with no support from a poor Wagstaff and also Green!Hamer MOM is a good shout but I'm sorry, he was my MOM!
  • Options
    Still a great point, a real banana skin. Time to drop Wagstaff for Green.
  • Options
    Thank you Beds, glad to see I am not the only one who recognised him as having, once again, a brilliant game!
  • Options

It's strange how people see things differently. I am a big admirer of Solly's performances so far this season, but tonight especially in the first half I felt he gave their winger much to much room and didn't make one tackle on him. There were a lot of crosses coming in from the left wing.  The penalty was a very clumsy tackle by him. I'm not trying to single him out as I felt the whole team were second best in the first half, but MOM, no not for me.

Only two players came out with any credit tonight and IMHO that was Hamer and Jackson.

• Options

It's strange how people see things differently. I am a big admirer of Solly's performances so far this season, but tonight especially in the first half I felt he gave their winger much to much room and didn't make one tackle on him. There were a lot of crosses coming in from the left wing.  The penalty was a very clumsy tackle by him. I'm not trying to single him out as I felt the whole team were second best in the first half, but MOM, no not for me.

Only two players came out with any credit tonight and IMHO that was Hamer and Jackson.

I agree Hamer had a very good game.
  • Options
    Hamer is a fantastic signing, what impresses me the most is his distribution! Second to none!
  • Options
    Only seen it the once, live, but it seemed to us our goal was an OG, I.e. the header hit the post and would have come out if it hadn't rebounded in off the keeper. Harsh, but believe that's the convention.
  • Options
    Just got back.

I would have walked there and back just to see the Danny Green cross and Kermit header - so classy.

Unlucky not to get the winner too, Jacko had a good headed chance among others and MKD were glad to hear the whistle at FT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only seen it the once, live, but it seemed to us our goal was an OG, I.e. the header hit the post and would have come out if it hadn't rebounded in off the keeper. Harsh, but believe that's the convention.
    I think MK's assistant manager John Gorman has said the same thing but it would be harsh to no give it to the striker. 
  • Options
    First half we were second best. MK played the ball around nicely and were first to everything. Was glad to see half time.

Second half we seemed to play further up the pitch and played the ball around ourselves. We had a spell of about 5 minutes when we should have scored from one of a number of chances. When that spell died down it seemed as though we wouldn't get anything from the match.

Then Green and Kermit entered.

Green showed what he was all about with a lovely flick round his man and a great cross. Wagstaff was in a similar position earlier in the half and wasted his cross (I'm one of the believers in Waggy playing more central). Kermit got in front of his man and with the first bit of good fortune we had in the game managed to get the ball over the line with the help of the post and goalkeeper.

After that both sides had chances but got the feeling that both were happy with a draw by the end. A fair result.

A point gained, we won't come up against many better footballing sides than Dons, and if we had got our game together earlier then we could have got all three.

Hollands and Waggy had bad games by their standards this year. Defence still looks solid enough, Wiggins is showing why we paid the money now IMO. Hamer did what he needed to do well enough. The rest were OK.

Promising cameo again from Kermit.

• Options
    very poor first half, we lacked any spark or edge. 2nd half we improved but we should not kid ourselves, they had a couple of chances which they put into Hamer. Green and Kermit were both direct and positive. Kermit goal was slightly lucky as it came of the post and went in off the keeper.

Overall must be happy with point
  • Options
    The one thing is for sure , Jason Euell would not have got his head on the end of that  Green cross.  
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Just got back, I genuinely don't think we were that bad, they threatened but had no killer instinct, we wernt as good as we have been but we wasn't too bad, proud of them for coming out and getting at least a point! Both teams had chances to finish the game off but didn't and a draw was a fair result, Hamer was the best player IMO but it was a really good away day(evening) for myself, I think the only time I stopped singing was at half time and to catch my breath aha! COYR!
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    The first half we were woeful. Waggy inparticular was terrible and summed up his half by dribbling the ball out of play with no oppo within 10 yards of him. S-dog also didn't have the greatest of halves compared to the standard he's set himself this season. MK Dons played like we have the last few games knocking it about and finding space.

Second half was much improved had a few chances that maybe we should have put away but great play by Green to beat his man and put the cross over. Still not sure I'd drop Waggy after one bad half.

What was that bloke about at the front of the away stand, I know he's a Charlton supporter as I've seen him a few times before, but not long after the we'd scored the ball went out of play and he wouldn't give it back. Everyone was willing us to get a winner but he just stood there holding it and refused to throw it back. Why??
  • Options
    Think a draw was a fair result by the way.
  • Options
    Happy with a point - great subs from powell to bring on green and kermongant - and well taken goal of the posts and in
  • Options
    The first half we were woeful. Waggy inparticular was terrible and summed up his half by dribbling the ball out of play with no oppo within 10 yards of him. S-dog also didn't have the greatest of halves compared to the standard he's set himself this season. MK Dons played like we have the last few games knocking it about and finding space.

Second half was much improved had a few chances that maybe we should have put away but great play by Green to beat his man and put the cross over. Still not sure I'd drop Waggy after one bad half.

What was that bloke about at the front of the away stand, I know he's a Charlton supporter as I've seen him a few times before, but not long after the we'd scored the ball went out of play and he wouldn't give it back. Everyone was willing us to get a winner but he just stood there holding it and refused to throw it back. Why??
    That so called Charlton supporter could have prevented us winning by keeping the ball and he could have given them that extra minute to get the winner. A complete and utter cock who thought he was funny. MK security should have taken a leaf out of the Valley Neanderthal security staff and shown him the door in their own inimitable way.
  • Options
    I just don't understand why he did it? What was his thinking behind it? The whole of the away section were telling him to throw it back and he just stood there grinning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The guy who kept the ball was squaring up to other fans/police outside after the game, what a knob he is
  • Options
    I just don't understand why he did it? What was his thinking behind it? The whole of the away section were telling him to throw it back and he just stood there grinning.
    That was the same question my 8 year old son was asking. I just told him that he was an idiot and that he was showing off in front of he's immature friends..
  • Options
    Chris Powell can't do half time team talks - and he never makes effective substitutions. Wibble.
  • Options
    Poor first half, the whole midfield went AWOL. Better second half but still not as fluent as we have been. Solly had another excellent game up against Balenta who was there best player and strangely substituted. Hamer also had a very good game. Centre halves strong as usual, Wiggy did nothing wrong. Hollands and Stevens struggled, hope to see Alonso on the bench soon as Hughes isn't a midfielder. Hayes disappointed so good that we now have a viable alternative in Kermy. BWP seemed to have taken a knock so hope it's not too serious.

In summary, didn't play well but even so got a deserved point against a promotion rival. Still unbeaten, onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    shocking first half, defence looked so so shakey. Much improved second half a draw was probably a fair result. Marking from corners was awful, they had a few clear headers which we didn't get near to them on.
  • Options
    so, is BWP injured, or what?
  • Options
    Oh and Clem, Green got an assist? Wow amazing. I was at the game by the way like I usually am, just in case you're still wondering where I am whilst your sitting in front of your computer.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    sollys worse game of the season by a mile but he has been one of if not our best player this season so no worries 
     him and wagstaff were woeful first half as were hollands and stephens and solly got away with ducking under a cross in the 2nd half when a forward was behind him, that was fortunate
    hamer made a save in the first that fatty would have properly struggled to get down to , one of the numerous worldy long rangers that he was always unlucky to get beaten by , although hamer had a flap in the second half for a cross but i like the way he sweeps up as well, i dont think his distribution is that good but deffo a better keeper all round
    hollands had his poorest game as well the game in main passed him by
    danny green , not the full ticket but wow that is a proper cross , start that man , come in no.11 your time is up 
    we really weren't at the races today for 75 per cent of the game but once we got going looked good , more than happy to take a point
    as for the purple one , i think he was trying to goad the chief steward to come and get the ball back but the steward totally blanked him as if to say i'm not bothered , maybe he was hoping to kill some time so we could hold on for a point , as a side note there was an attractive young blonde down there with him so maybe he was trying to impress .....epic fail 

saturdays a  big game and a point would be a result , i just think we're getting a way with less than 100 per cent performances and we will come unstuck soon but hopefully not against sheff u
    agree with rudders22 ....20 % autos 80 % it's play off drama
    as slater would say "onwards"

• Options
    saw choice and his elder brother nicholas looking rather angry when they moved from the front of the stand to the back around kick off time
    didnt think it was appropriate to make a comment to nicholas cos he looked properly moody (for an old fella) maybe he'd looked down and just realised he'd put a pair of rupert  the bears strides on 
    what happened gents ?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I had a few problems with player so went on to MK Dons player for a bit - they kept on about Solly being the weak link up until the penalty. Sounds like he got it together after that which shows how much he has come on but was surprised he was deemed MOM. Not being at the game I cant dispute it and I think he has been a revelation this season but was a bit annoyed last season when I sensed some of us had our favourites who could do no wrong - and Solly was one of them (Jenkinson another) and the same people generally have players who can do no right in their eyes.

NEWSFLASH - a Charlton supporter who is a pratt, now that surprises me, not. As per previous threads, all clubs have them and we have our fair share.

Overall a great result the more you think about it. I said before the game, I thought this was the tougher of the two hard games coming up. I agree that now is the time for Green, Waggy is an excellent sub too as he gives us options as a striker and a wide man, he also could replace a full back if we are chasing a game with 20 minutes to go. Kermit also pushing for a place IMO although maybe just Green for now. I know it could leave us a bit exposed defensively, so is a risk but I'd consider Euell on teh bench instead of Hughes. Stephens not as commanding as he was earlier in the season, sure he will get it back as he is an excellent player but he is the most likely player to replace in midfiled and Euell would be a better replacement for him. Also gives us an option if we are getting overun of putting an extra man in there but still carry an attacking threat.