Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away Day Pre Match Singing

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
Have the days gone when singing Charlton fans would congregate pre-match at any away day pub ?

So far this season at Notts, Colchester and MK I havnt come across any of our supporters except the odd few here and there, there doesn't seem to be any pre match banter any more. 

Only times I can really recall in recent years was at Wycombe and Southend and that was mainly due to the strip bars in those towns. It was good at Swansea a few years ago but this kind of thing seems to have died out 

Are fans getting to games later ? or are fans just not going in the pub as much as before due to the economic situation ?

Comments

• The pub by Rochdale's ground had a couple of hundred in, and singing for a good hour before ko.
  • I didn't go to that one but generally don't you think its tailed off a bit over the years ?
  • i think its partly down to the cost of rail travel meaning less people are going that way and having a proper booze, partly to most new grounds being out of towners and not having decent pubs near grounds, and partly due to we seem to have less rabble in their 20s going in recent years.

• edited September 2011
    Good at Yeovil in Curb_It's friend's pub, a couple of seasons ago.
  • Good at Yeovil in Curb_It's friend's pub, a couple of seasons ago.
    Am gonna be in the highlands on boxing day but will remember this one for the future (well hopefully not) but whats the name of it anyway
  • Depends on the size of the following and probably the location. It happened at Leyton Orient and Gillingham.
  • Good at Yeovil in Curb_It's friend's pub, a couple of seasons ago.
    Am gonna be in the highlands on boxing day but will remember this one for the future (well hopefully not) but whats the name of it anyway
    You'll have to ask Curb_It that one, Choicey!
  • Obviously this is going back a bit but I remember there was a good crowd with lots of singing when we made our first trip to the Walkers Stadium about 8 years ago, in this pub opposite Leicester station. But agreed it's difficult to find these days sadly.
  • Rochdale the singing in the pub before was quality!

Notts County we tried to get it going in Hooters but security wern't happy.
  • Notts County we tried to get it going in Hooters but security wern't happy.
    You didn't miss anything, we were disappointed and only stayed for one before moving onto the cosy pub next to the ground. Was some good banter with home fans but no Charlton in there