Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gatwick immigration

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
Flew back in from Vegas yesterday, i was wearing my away shirt. I got to the immigration booth and was told by the guy behind the desk i would have to go to the next one as he would not deal with me.
As i was moving to the next one he said, "What's it like in league one?"

Seems he was a Palace supporter, i reminded him of the relegation game :)

Not all bad the lady that saw me was an Addick.

Comments

• And to think, that is the sort of person who controls the gate to our great nation.

What a numpty!

I saw a documentary on the running of Gatwick recently, and it would appear the head of terminals there (who they follow around quite a lot) is a real hard boss and doesn't take well to his staff slacking and messing around to say the least. I am sure a direct complaint for his attention about this stripey nigel would go down well. :)

• Flew back in from Vegas yesterday, i was wearing my away shirt. I got to the immigration booth and was told by the guy behind the desk i would have to go to the next one as he would not deal with me.
    As i was moving to the next one he said, "What's it like in league one?"

Seems he was a Palace supporter, i reminded him of the relegation game :)

Not all bad the lady that saw me was an Addick.
    You should have said "fine thanks - what's it like having a job that makes you look, dress, act and feel like a complete c***'?"
  • Don't they usually say that they can't be bothered to hate or dislike us????

Seems like AppyAddick found one Nigel that can be bothered!

Should've asked his line manager for an explanation and reminded him to be professional!! Could possibly been seen as a bit anal, but how many jobs could you get away with refusing to serve somebody because of the team they support?? Especially in this OTT PC conscious world we live in!

• Maybe he was just having a laugh?

We all moan about people being over the top yet when they are having a giggle everybody wants to report him!

• I'd say he was having a laugh, specifically sent him over to a charlton fan.
  • I'd say he was having a laugh, specifically sent him over to a charlton fan.

exactly

• I'm sure he was having a laugh.

I had the last one though.
  • When I came back from Spain on Monday we were queuing round the block for passport control - I wouldn't have been amused by some smart alec refusing to "process" me!