Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

scenic village drives

edited October 2011 in Not Sports Related
I recall getting a bit lost in a taxi near faversham and going down a long road with some really quaint small villages exactly what you would imagine, anyone from down that way any idea where it could be?

I think the road in question was heading north to south between possibly a2/m2/m20

Cheers

R

Comments

• Options
    Too much beer?
  • Options
    no had taken wrong route to get to a conference in a tax ended up costing a fortune (only had one car at the time) went m2 instead of m20... lovely road though wish i could find it
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    (duplicate)
  • Options

Best views I have ever seen are in Bidborough, just off the A21/A26 towards Tonbridge Wells, beautiful houses and stunning views

• Options
    out drumming Da9?
  • Options

lol, no

• Options
    he he
  • Options
    I recall getting a bit lost in a taxi near faversham and going down a long road with some really quaint small villages exactly what you would imagine, anyone from down that way any idea where it could be?

I think the road in question was heading north to south between possibly a2/m2/m20

Cheers

R

From your description my best guesses are the road through Doddington and Newnham or alternatively Eastling, Throwley and Stalisfield. A third possibility is the road through Selling.

Any of those names ring any bells?

• Options
    A251 I reckon
  • Options
    sheerness to leysdown?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Ooooh no, you didn't wanna go that way, not the A251.  Tch tch tch.

You want to take the A345 turning at the Nolly Cross roundabout then cut down the B3526 to avoid the roadworks at the A362 interchange, then you can just bat along the A24 for twenty miles until you get to the A53 just outside Hastings.  You didn't want to go on the A251."

Sorry, I've got no idea.  Come to Cornwall, we've got some lovely little roads here, once you've done the 5 hour drive to get here.  You might go home with "Cornish go-faster stripes" all down the panels though.
  • Options
    "Ooooh no, you didn't wanna go that way, not the A251.  Tch tch tch.

You want to take the A345 turning at the Nolly Cross roundabout then cut down the B3526 to avoid the roadworks at the A362 interchange, then you can just bat along the A24 for twenty miles until you get to the A53 just outside Hastings.  You didn't want to go on the A251."

Sorry, I've got no idea.  Come to Cornwall, we've got some lovely little roads here, once you've done the 5 hour drive to get here.  You might go home with "Cornish go-faster stripes" all down the panels though.
    st ives-zennor-sennen cove then to porthcurno is a pretty impressive drive around penwith
  • Options
    I'll take a look...

been to cornwall many times :)
  • Options
    it was 2 lane built up but very old and houses both sides
  • Options
    one bit might even have been cobbled, lots of red brick too
  • Options
    Kidbrooke Village