Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Picture stuff now

Come you spudz-

Come on you hornets- keep a clean sheet

Comments

• Options
    Yep Watford still beating WHU and if the Arse beat Wigan tomorrow then nothing will have changed.
  • Options
    well except blades now being safe, hmmm just gotta hope wigans result last week was a blip and they go back to losin ways

feckin spuds
  • Options
    Excellant - West Ham get same result as us !!!

5 points (6 with goal diff) to catch Wigan in the next few weeks + Darren Bent and others to come back in

We are staying up!
  • Options
    Watford are only 2 points behind us n West Ham now.
  • Options
    If we finish behind Watford we deserve to go down!

Can't wait for the 24th
  • Options
    and dont they stil have a game in hand???

kinda puts it all bck i our hands its imperitive we get results gainst wigan, WHU and watford
  • Options
    What's the story on Watford away tickets?
  • Options
    But Watford are going down- LOOKED ON FACT

It's two out of Us, Wham, Wigan and increasingly unlikely Shef Utd.

That's why i wanted a Watford win.

God i hate the Spudz even more than i did- and i thought that would be imposible.

Lets start routing for an Arse win tommorrow
  • Options
    Dont start that again.....VG?
  • Options
    When is Watford v Wigan? We need Watford to win, but we could go bottom if it's before 24th!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    blades r safe now, they won;t lose another game at home, and wigan got 2 games inhand (althou 1 being arsenal so no worries bout that), think we still gonna scrap it but by god its gonna b close

WHU to finish last!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I'm happy with Watford winning. far better than the other way round!

Trust Spuds to let us down but hopefully Gooners won't.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Wigan vs Watford same wknd as us and hammers

i think
  • Options
    I think it's three out of four - agree about Sheff Utd. But we have the best run for the next 6 games + we've been playing well - so I am confident that the 5 point gap is going to reduce every week from the 24th onwards. With Bent Young and Reid coming back in we have a decent 16 man squad to pick from.
  • Options
    Seriously big weekend that will be
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]When is Watford v Wigan? We need Watford to win, but we could go bottom if it's before 24th![/quote]

Watford vs Wigan is Weds 21st Feb.
  • Options
    yeah its gonna b huge

glad bougy looked good, hopefully with youngy back and thatcher then 2 from bougy/diawarra/el kak we'll have a pretty good back four and song instead of faye and reidy back middle 4/5 will look good and with bent playin like he has havein baby bent to lay it off to gonna b a pretty dam good team

tahnk god for super al thou, bringing it all 2gether at last!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Sheff Utd will feel safe now and Psycho Warlock will not let them relax.
    But they've got a strange run in:

Saturday, 14 April 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Sheff Utd v West Ham, 15:00

Saturday, 21 April 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Charlton v Sheff Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 28 April 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Sheff Utd v Watford, 15:00

Saturday, 05 May 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Aston Villa v Sheff Utd, 15:00

Sunday, 13 May 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Sheff Utd v Wigan, 15:00
  • Options
    think if any1 else gets dragged in2 it it'll b city

hmmmm well just in the last 6 games thats 3 wins for them (watford, west ham and wigan), like i said can;t c them losin at home this season or even droppin mnay points at the lane, that'l b more than enough to keep them safe
  • Options
    Yeah Scruffs, they play all the W's at home - win those 3 and they will be safe.

Which will completely fckkkkk all the W's - and give us a chance too.

How about this for an .....'if only'?
    If only we'd hung on to our 1-0 lead against Sheff Utd - we'd now have 23 points and they would have 27 and still in the mire.

If only........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]When is Watford v Wigan? We need Watford to win, but we could go bottom if it's before 24th!

Watford vs Wigan is Weds 21st Feb.

So we all need to be prepared that we could easily be bottom when we play WHU, and that's not necessarily a bad thing...as long as we then win and send WHU bottom.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]When is Watford v Wigan? We need Watford to win, but we could go bottom if it's before 24th![/quote]

Watford vs Wigan is Weds 21st Feb.[/quote]

So we all need to be prepared that we could easily be bottom when we play WHU, and that's not necessarily a bad thing...as long as we then win and send WHU bottom.[/quote]

Sounds weird I know...but in a way I am hoping we will be. Watford beating Wigan stops them making the points difference any worse than it currently is. So which is worse? Wigan moving away from us or Watford overtaking us? If so hopefully that will be temporary but we have to pick up three points against WH and Watford when we play them on the 3rd March. Whatever we have to win those two games, failure will mean we might as well start preparing for the CCC now.
  • Options
    Big Picture Table

Taking a look at this, it really does seem now that we need Sheffield Utd, Wigan and possibly Citeh to be drawn into it.

We were only minutes away from a wigan victory that could well have all but relegated three london teams, so much for "Our Friends in the North" of London.

For this reason, if feel we need Watford to beat Wigan, and put us bottom wednesday week.

12 days 20 hours to go to a very big match!
  • Options
    Hate to say it, but we're not the only team with a run of games that look winnable.

Just looked at Wigan's next seven matches:

Watford (A)
    Newcastle (H)
    Man City (A)
    Fulham (H)
    Charlton (A)
    Bolton (H)
    Aston Villa (A)

They've then got Spurs at home (three points...), followed by Liverpool, West Ham, Boro and Sheff Utd.

Thought they were very unlucky today, and look like they're up for the fight as much as us. They're involved in the scrap because of their run of defeats, but their win last week and performance today could well be the start of their recovery.

I fear that we're going to need Fulham and Man City to continue their poor runs and be dragged into it as well.
  • Options
    Fulham are a side I've not rated at all this season.

Not just because both God and the referee seem to be on their side - but because they've sneaked so many results when they've been hammered all game.

Ii's such an injustice that they already have 32 points, because their run in is fraught with banana skins and 'no-hope' matches - and although they probably won't earn too many points, they will probably just keep their heads above water.

The 4 points they've mugged us for this season will quite possibly be the only reason they stay up.
  • Options
    Oggy, Fulham are a team i've never rated, but year in, year out they do it. As much as i hope they get drawn into it, i suspect they won't.

They mugged us for 2 points this season- beat us fair and square at CC.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stanmoreaddick[/cite]Oggy,
    They mugged us for 2 points this season- beat us fair and square at CC.

Can't quite agree there, Stan. At CC we should have been ahead and out of sight by half time.
    And they scored only with a jammy deflection and a bit of nous from Jensen on a breakaway.

Typical example of where they sneaked the points after being 2nd best for most of the game. ;-)