Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So If Everyone Is Fit

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
what would your team be against the Hamsters?

Carson

Young
Boughera
Diawara
Thatcher

Rommedahl
Zheng
Faye
Reid

Bent D
Lisbie

Subs:

Myhre/Randolph (not sure if Myhre still with us)

El K

Hughes

Hasselbaink

Bent M

Comments

• Options
    Tough one Len, we don't really know yet if Pardew wants to keep Bougherra and Song in the team if everyone is fit, my feeling is that he probably does.

I reckon he will play...

Carson
    Young - Bougherra - Herman - Thatcher
    Rommedahl - Holland - Song - Reid
    D. Bent - M. Bent

We need wins so I reckon he will play two up front because draws are just no good to us.
  • Options
    Myhre is injured and ypu have Romm as a player & sub.

Carson
    Young-Bougherra-Diawarra-Thatcher
    Romm-Song-Reid-Thomas
    M.Bent-D.Bent

Subs
    El K
    Randolph
    Two from: Hughes/Holland/ZZ
    JFH
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    same as len except...

song instead of faye or ZZ, deff after 2day, really helped out the back four and seemt o actually tackle and play it simple other than faye (althou he has also played well of l8)

god we've actually got options in midfield for the first time this season!!!!!!!!

oh and marcus and darren up front deff, think gonna b reet good 2gether aslong as marcus carries on workin like he has
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Yep I saw I'd put Romm in twice and edited it!
  • Options
    reckon pards 'll play herman instead of diawarra, i'm split on this thou, he has the heart but simply not the ability or pace to b in the startin line up anymore
  • Options
    At least we've got some decent options now defensively and in midfield

I'd start against Hamsters

Carson

Luke
    Herm
    Magic
    Maggie

Romm
    Elk
    Holland
    Song

Reid

Darren

Subs

Randolf
    Thomas
    Kish
    Marcus
    ZZ
  • Options
    I think he'll start with 4-5-1 and just Lisbie up front.

And put Dazzler on the bench.
  • Options
    Sorry, got that wrong.
    I thought Curbs was still here. :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Sorry, got that wrong.
    I thought Curbs was still here. :-)

hahahha spot on
  • Options
    We have actually got options in midfield for the first time in more like 3 seasons!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sorry to act thick but iv worked out "magic" is Bougherra,but y?
  • Options
    Okay, Browny, sit down........

His first name is Majid...... geddit? ;-)
  • Options
    Amazing how many people have the sense to keep Romm in the team!

Similar for me:
    Carson
    Thatch Diawara Boogy Lukey
    Romm Song Holland Reid (or Reid Thomas if JT fit)
    Big Bent and Baby Bent

subs Elk or HH; ZZ; Lisbie; JFH; Randolph
  • Options
    ok cool oggy,bit slow today
  • Options
    Carson

Young Diawara Bougherra Thatcher

Thomas Holland Song Reid

D.Bent M.Bent

Subs;
    Rommedahl
    Elk
    Randolph/Myrhe
    Kish
    ZZ
  • Options
    Interesting, quite a few of us are going for two strikers which makes it difficult to play Reid in his best position but I just feel we can't afford not to play two front men if we are going to win these games.
  • Options
    the only concern is we are going into the key part of our season without:

a. really knowing what our best 11 is
    b. not having the bulk of the side playing any sort of run together
    c. not having enough players with a series of 90 minutes under their belts

we could of really of done with a couple of extra games to have blooded the new ones and got Young Reid and Bent back towards match fitness.

You can do as much as you like on the training ground, but its only one the pitch you get the cohesion and the proper match fitness.
  • Options
    Looking at football first Song should play a part in midfield and Holland is playing well (for a new deal!) And for me it has to be Romm and Reid. This looks to me like the best midfield at Charlton in a long long time...

The full backs have to be Young and Thatcher but don't know the best central pairing - as above I've doubts about HH and assuming all fit I like the look of Diawara, ElK and Boughera - so two out of three with one on the bench next to HH

And up front it has to be Dazza + Lisbie / Marcus Bent

I take AFKA's point - thing is we will be using three subs, with the first on as early as half time - if we go one up I can see Pardew looking to close down the game with a bit of muscle whilst at the same time giving Reid and Bent a rest if they need it.

We're at home, West Ham are demoralised and Pardew has turned this squad around - we just need a few chances and no dodgy refereeing decisions and we are on our way up the table.
  • Options
    Interesting to read all the different views on this and I've realised I completely forgot about Song when originally picking my team!

However reading other posts and thinking some more it seems to me that we have to be sure that we pick players that are 100% up for the fight. That could mean picking players who are not necessarially the best in their position. For example Kish and Holland in midfield or Hermann and the Elk at the back. The four guys I've named are players you want with you when the chips are down yet, on the evidence of the Man U game, there are four others as good if not better with Reid and Young still to come into the midfield and defensive mixes as well!

Like AFKA says it could be argued that we don't know our best 11 before probably our most important game of the season.

I guess it is a case of Trust In Pards. He's done us proud so far.
  • Options
    I see what you mean Len but I think I quite like having all these options available to us, especially in the middle of the park where we have been as barren as the Gobi desert ever since Parker left.
    I reckon that its great that we now have about 15 names fighting for a spot in the XI and that really should keep everyone on their toes with only a couple of automatic picks, Carson, Young, Thatcher and Benty.
    Still can't stop smirking every time I hear a whingeing Spammer!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2007
    An attacking 4-5-1 is the way I'd go. Their full backs aren't up to much and need to be got at.

Carson

Young - Bougherra - El Karkouri - Thatcher

Holland - Song

Rommedahl - Reid - Thomas

D.Bent
  • Options
    Rommedahl gets so much stick, everyone says he's crap & that he should fook off yet all but one have him in their team. Strange that.
  • Options
    "Everyone" is a bit of a sweeping generalisation isn't it?

He frustrates me big time, but I can't see a better choice to play up against Konchesky or McCartney.
  • Options
    CARSON

YOUNG - MAGIC - DIAWARRA - THATCHER

ROMM - SONG - HOLLAND - THOMAS

BENT BENT