Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How well did the three debutants do?

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
I'd be interested to know from those who saw the game.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2007
    Just got back from watching the match on Al Queida TV and feel really proud of the team.

We were never outplayed, competed well in midfield and should have done a bit better with our chances.

ZZ came on midway thru the 1st half for a limping 'couldn't trap a bag of cement' Faye and put himself round the pitch, showing nice touches, closing down well and a never say die spirit - but he did leave his shooting boots at home.

I was quite impressed with Song - he looked the part compared to Faye.
    Strong and can win tackles, not easily knocked off the ball, neat passing and good vision. Arsenal fans may think he's wank but much better than what we normally have.

Magic the Boogy-man, was okay but looked a bit Championship at times - maybe a bit nervous.
  • Options
    All three were debutantes as we know and Song looked the most impressive and settles in well. ZZ was good value as was Majid

There is hope and we put in the best display at OT by a CAFC side for many a year
  • Options
    I went yesterday Song excellant as was ZZ.Majid did ok difficult to assess yesterday but other should definately start against West Ham with Reid Bent and Young.
  • Options
    My team for West Ham

Carson
    Young Diwarra/HH/El Kak Magic Thatcher
    Hughes/Ambrose ZZ Song Reid
    Big Bent Baby Bent
  • Options
    went yesterday. bougherra looked ok, zz looks comfortable and (imo) song was our motm. he seems to be able to make time for himself as well as being hard to knock off the ball. on yesterdays performance a bit like a fitter jensen (lets hope he shows the class that jensen had).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]went yesterday. bougherra looked ok, zz looks comfortable and (imo) song was our motm. he seems to be able to make time for himself as well as being hard to knock off the ball. on yesterdays performance a bit like a fitter jensen (lets hope he shows the class that jensen had).

Not sure about the Jensen anology but agree Song was MOM. Strong, ran well with the ball and good vision to see runners and fit a pass when under pressure. Also puts his foot in without giving away freekicks. ZZ got better as the game went on. (Faye was doing well until injuried) got forward well and wasted a decent, if not good chance to hit the target at least.
    Bougherra made one rickitt when the ball went under his foot but otherwise stood up well to pacy, skillful forwards (as did Diawara, Osie and Thatcher (another solid game from Ben). A good, encouraging performance where we gave them problems and weren't overawed or outclassed. 1 - 0 would have been about right. Thought Carson should have come for the first goal and not sure where the marking was for the second but not seen any replys.

Man U fans said after they they were "flat" or maybe as at Pompey and Bolton we stopped them playing. Hope continues to burn. Anyone hear how West Ham got on?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Anyone hear how West Ham got on?

Dunno, Henry.
    Curbs isn't telling.......
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Big club West Ham. Too good to go down.
  • Options
    From what you are all saying it seems that Pards has been pretty astute on the players signed. This can only be healthy as we now have quite a few options when everybody is fit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]From what you are all saying it seems that Pards has been pretty astute on the players signed. This can only be healthy as we now have quite a few options when everybody is fit.

Quite agree, Bing.

Pards seems to have signed hungry, big-hearted players.
    Look at the spirit & application of Bougy, Song & ZZ yesterday.
    All three making their debuts and desperate to make an impact.

And compared to Traore, Thatcher is solid and determined too.

When you consider how many players appeared to turn us down in the transfer window,
    I reckon Pards has signed some excellent players.

I like Pards - he's going to take this survival battle right to the wire.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2007
    I also went yesterday and was impressed and felt refreshed about the team that was put out. Sankofa, Song and ZZ was excellant. If and its a big if we go down the future is bright under Alan Pardew.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]went yesterday. bougherra looked ok, zz looks comfortable and (imo) song was our motm. he seems to be able to make time for himself as well as being hard to knock off the ball. on yesterdays performance a bit like a fitter jensen (lets hope he shows the class that jensen had).
    Not sure about the Jensen anology

i did say 'a bit like jensen' (couldn't think of a closer comparison) meaning he gave himself time and was not easy to knock off the ball.