Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alan Pardew

Some years ago when Curbs was rumoured to be going to West Ham I attended a Basingstoke supporters evening when Richard Murray was answering questions. One question was if Curbs left who would he like to replace him, the answer was a young English manager like Alan Pardew.
I just wonder if West Ham have been taken over by the end of the year, if Pardew is replaced, and if we are still doing badly whether Richard Murray would make such a change.

Comments

• Options
    I also heard that- nevertheless, i feel that this is a tad premature to say the least.

Murray has backed ID, Dowie, with this support has transformed a depleted squad. We've had some bad luck with injuries and therefore not been able to establish a settled side-

Give Dowie a chance- i'm not just going to blindly support him but we are only 5 games into the season. And i'm sure that is what Richard Murray is thinking too.
  • Options
    even if we got relegated, i can't see Murray changing until halfway through next season, barring a big fall out.
  • Options
    Ha Ha Ha.... So this decision came and he has now gone so will it be another young English manager Mr Murray?
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    oh and here's a quality clip of Pards in a difficult press conference

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qaTqCEtaiNw&feature=related
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Ha Ha Ha.... So this decision came and he has now gone so will it be another young English manager Mr Murray?[/quote]

Hi, Dazzler, I assume you are aware that Richard Murray is effectively no longer involved with the football side of CAFC (and hasn't been for at least six months)? Ergo, I don't get your question...
  • Options
    I know but my question is will it be another young inexperienced manager.

I suppose you're right maybe it should be aimed at Chappell
  • Options
    Just listening to Matt Etherington on TalkSport. Said Pardew was one of the best managers he played under. Interesting
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Just listening to Matt Etherington on TalkSport. Said Pardew was one of the best managers he played under. Interesting

Its not really is it

• Options

cabbles said:

Its not really is it

No, you're probably right. I won't bump again
  • Options
    Were you posting in 2006? Christ what a bump!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

Only because those were his best playing days.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Were you posting in 2006? Christ what a bump!

I didn't realise the original post was from 2006 until I read the second paragraph........ Plus isn't there another Pardew thread which has more pages than this one?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Thanks Manish. ;-)