Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man u 'fans'?

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
did anyone else get the benefit of hearing the whole pub erupt when man u scored? This is a really sour topic for me as i just cant stand glory hunting pick a team merchants!!!!!! Support your local team you f**Ker's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't mind the ones that have a story to tell about their club or have moved away from the area. Its the ones that have the audacity to give you verbal abuse even though they have never been or intend to see a match in their lives. Cant wait for the regular Monday morning argument with some tosser that calls himself a man u, chelsea or arsenal fan but couldn't name 5 players in their side.

rant over.

Comments

• Options
    Good rant tho n i totally agree
  • Options
    perhaps i was lucky. Was in a pub in Bexleyheath for the second half, didn't know until just before that they were going to show it, and there must of been a good 100+ Charlton in there.
  • Options
    They were so quiet it was unbelievable, quieter than the Library on a quiet day, 74000 embarrassments to their club
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]did anyone else get the benefit of hearing the whole pub erupt when man u scored? This is a really sour topic for me as i just cant stand glory hunting pick a team merchants!!!!!! Support your local team you f**Ker's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't mind the ones that have a story to tell about their club or have moved away from the area. Its the ones that have the audacity to give you verbal abuse even though they have never been or intend to see a match in their lives. Cant wait for the regular Monday morning argument with some tosser that calls himself a man u, chelsea or arsenal fan but couldn't name 5 players in their side.

rant over.[/quote]

In my observation it's the glory hunters who tend to be more Man U than the Mancunians. It's the same with all the big clubs - particularly though Man U and Liverpool.
  • Options
    I've never heard such a quiet home crowd
  • Options
    quality song from us after the 2nd goal went as old trafford started to become a red seat showroom.

to the tune of 'you don't know what you're doing'

we sang
    we'll race you back to london.
  • Options
    Nice one! Could clearly hear VFR and 'we support our local team' on TV towards the end too - great stuff.
  • Options
    Sounded like "we'll beat you back to London" from where I was sitting. ;=) Good noise from the away section although when Man utd did make some noise it was VERY loud. Good to see the whole squad go towards the away section and give the fans a clap. Holland and Ambrose were straight off the bench to go over.

Was there a problem with someone being taken out by the police? Seem to be a lot of Hi Vis jackets about.
  • Options
    The whole united fans are from London thing is very platitudinous. There are many clubs in the league with quieter home fans.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]The whole united fans are from London thing is very platitudinous. There are many clubs in the league with quieter home fans.

Have to say, that is probably the first time the word "platitudinous" has been used on this forum! :-))
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not bad for a Maths student! :D
  • Options
    Henry yeah the incident you were talking about, couple of our fans had an arguement and the ob quick as a flash kicked a bloke out. Not surprising though tme manchester police were looking for confrontation the whole time. Half time i was held up by the neck by a copper, looking for me to react so i'd get nicked.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]The whole united fans are from London thing is very platitudinous. There are many clubs in the league with quieter home fans.

WTF does it mean?!!!!!
  • Options
    plat·i·tude Pronunciation (plt-td, -tyd)
    n.
    1. A trite or banal remark or statement, especially one expressed as if it were original or significant. See Synonyms at cliche.
    2. Lack of originality; triteness.
    [French, from plat, flat, from Old French; see plate.]
    plati·tudi·nous (-tdn-s, -tyd-), plati·tudi·nal (-tdn-l, -tyd-) adj.
    plati·tudi·nous·ly adv.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    ay? can we have some respect for others when we use maahoosive words like that please!!!!
  • Options
    I started it and it was "We'll beat you back to London",based on the fact that I got the coach and there were untold Man U fans at the M6 Toll Road service station.There were more Charlton though.