Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It is not a simple 3 from 4

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Despite the Blades result and posistion I do not believe they are necessarly out of it. Nor are Villa, City or Fulham.
City's form is poor and the U21 thing with Pearce has already been brought up by their fans re tonights result. Villa also are particually dodgy.
To be honest I would have prefered a draw today for Watford. We want them to beat Wigan but obviously not win too many games.
It seemed that West Ham just lost all hope after their missed penalty. I heard the crowd at the end and they were booing and jeering very loudly.
I didn't see our game but according to Charlie Nicholas on Sky we were not too bad at all. Also very encouraging words from Waddle on 5Live. He called us organised and said we showed spirit. He reckons we can stay up. So do I.
Look at Pards post match interview and then Curbs'. I know who I'd rather be playing for if I was a pro!
Curbs and Big Merv both looked completley drained and beaten at their final whistle.
One other thing from Champagne Charlie, he reckons we have Foster in goal! He must have called Carson Foster half a dozen times.
So we have a two week break now and off to Spain. Let's pray we have no bad stories coming back from there, a la Leicester a few years ago.
We really do seem to be playing so much better since Chirstmas. Ok we've lost our last two but come on, would it have been just three goals conceded aginst the two best teams under Reed? Well it wasn't under Curbs in the corresponding fixtures last season, it was 6.
Pardew is the best thing to have happened to the club in years. I honestly reckon we will survive. We will beat West Ham, we will beat Watford and from then we will collect enough points to stay up. Over the last 10 years the average number of points to survive is 37.
Watford will go, West Ham will go and then it is out of Wigan, Sheff Utd or Man City IMO.
Keep believing everyone.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, I reckon you're bang on there Dave. There is a LONG way to go in this season yet and with our run of very winnable home games and only one really tough away game (Liverpool) to come there is no reason why we can't win at least half our remaining games.
    We have now played Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Bolton all home and away so there are no more "giveaway" games to come.
    As Dave says, once we close that gap on Sheffield United then that will drag them right back into it and then the pressure will start to tell on the teams above them as well.
    Simple fact is that if we can win five games from West Ham, Wigan, Newcastle, Sheffield United, Spurs and Reading at home (all of which are very winnable considering that we have already beaten lesser lights like Villa and City and would have beaten Fulham but for that terrible decision) then pick up a couple of away wins, most likely Watford and Man City, plus a couple of points elsewhere then we are home.
    I know that sounds a bit simplistic but just LOOK at those next four games, West Ham (h), Watford (a), Newcastle (h) and Wigan (h) - they are ALL winnable games and if we go to City with 30+ points then we will be right back in it.
    Oh, by the way, don't forget to thank any West Ham fans that you know for sending us Pardew.
  • Options
    Hopefully the Woolwich rejects help us out tommorow with Wigan.

But mid-week i'm not too sure if i'd prefer a draw or Watford win, a Watford win will see us to the bottom, however good our run in fixtures wise is, us at the bottom will not be good.
  • Options
    Watford - Wigan we want anything BUT a Wigan win. We know we can beat Watford and even if we do go bottom its just a matter of a point from Watford. The main thing is to keep the fourth from bottom team within range and we don't want Wigan to get 8 points clear.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Watford - Wigan we want anything BUT a Wigan win. We know we can beat Watford and even if we do go bottom its just a matter of a point from Watford. The main thing is to keep the fourth from bottom team within range and we don't want Wigan to get 8 points clear.

Spot on, Ormy, it doesn't matter at the moment what Watford do - but we musn't let Wigan get away.

But if Watford do win and we go bottom on goal difference - well, no one ever got relegated in February, all that really counts is the number of points after 38 games. And it's in our own hands to get off the bottom the very next game against West Ham. Beat them and they go bottom. The next week, a win against Watford and we could, if results go for us, be out of the bottom 3.

It's that easy......LOL