Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Linesman at Stevenage

According to the programme  the lino who screwed up on the corner with Cort and also kept on giving BWP offside  when he was on was the same lino who officiated at the Colchester match  last season and failed to give a Colchester player offside when he scored and was subsequently humiliated by the clear off-side on the TV replays and by CP going mental at the 4th official which got the Col U goal overturned.  Anybody think he got a bit of payback yesterday.

Comments

• Options
    and the 4th official was the lino who gave the alleged Traore handball against Fulham during Pardews first game in charge....
  • Options
    That was one of the worst decisions I think I've ever seen. Happened right in front of me.

I can understand it when the officials miss something that happens, but you can't excuse him "seeing" something that just never happened - i.e. our player touching the ball.

Their bloke never appealed. He even gave our fella a little pat on the leg, as in "well played". Everyone in the ground new it was a goal kick. Except one man.
  • Options
    The linesman yesterday was absolutely shocking. never kept up with play and got so many decisions wrong. 
  • Options
    He was completely unable to see the ball when he gave the corner that never was. I know because I was only a few rows behind him. So to give that corner was dishonest, no argument. The question is why did he do it? Probably just seeking attention rather than an agenda.. Trouble is that tw@ts like him are never held to account for unjustified interventions.

I add that I am obviously relying on reports from behind the goal that Cort didn't touch it. If he did then it was because the bloke he was obstructing pushed him!
  • Options
    He was completely unable to see the ball when he gave the corner that never was. I know because I was only a few rows behind him. So to give that corner was dishonest, no argument. The question is why did he do it? Probably just seeking attention rather than an agenda.. Trouble is that tw@ts like him are never held to account for unjustified interventions. I add that I am obviously relying on reports from behind the goal that Cort didn't touch it. If he did then it was because the bloke he was obstructing pushed him!

Could not agree more with the fact he could not see also dead in line with that bit of action actually higher up so had better view than he did ...how could he award a corner ?  and the Ref was better placed..

the Lino  had a shocker but he did not care or waiver despite the abuse he got --he just carried on flagging ( good name for a film )

• Options
    Interesting to see on his refs biography that although he works in Oxfordshire he appears to be employed by Greenwich Leisure.  So apart from his public embarrasment  in not keeping up with play for the Colchester goal that never was maybe he has another agenda against SE7
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The quality of the refs and linos in this division is shockin juss shockin
    and thass all there is to it
     :o)
  • Options
    The quality of the refs and linos in this division is shockin juss shockin
    and thass all there is to it
     :o)
    Oi, DVDDD... Cut it out. Or ahrt, or whatever.
  • Options
    sorry .. couldn't resist the nostalgia
  • Options
    DVDDD - See your pharmacist - I am sure they can give you something for nostalgia, probably have to rub it in though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As I watched his performance I was pretty sure that he had to have some kind of agenda.  Seemed to be revelling in winding the fans up with his little games.  Fucking cheat.  I hope the club put in a complaint, not that it'll do much good.
  • Options
    He did get a free burger for his performance. 
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    DVDDD - See your pharmacist - I am sure they can give you something for nostalgia, probably have to rub it in though

narf narf

• Options

Shocking information. I actually don't believe it was malice. I think it was shear incompetence every time.

Not sure if that's better or worse.

• Options
    Is this that linesman? :

Bradley Wright-Phillips and Scott Wagstaff appeal to an assistant referee at Broadhall Way
  • Options
    Yes it is, what a banker he is.
  • Options
    Thats Bradley from Eastenders isnt it?
  • Options
    Looks like him to me. He has not been level 2 for very long but was the ref in a game between Forest Green and Darlington earlier this year in which he allowed a late "goal" to stand which the Quakers players insist never got near crossing the line.

Let's hope he doesn't have an agenda against us cos we will no doubt have to suffer him again sometime.
  • Options
    Can't be, as Bradley supports Charlton. We would have had loads of penalties.
  • Options
    Can't be, as Bradley supports Charlton. We would have had loads of penalties.

Sorry to have to be the one to tell you this but Bradley is dead. Fell off a roof about a year or so ago whilst being chased by a copper, or maybe a steward can't remember which, but he's definately dead.