Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stewards And Police

2»

Comments

• Options
    What?
  • Options

On Saturday there was no problem with people standing up as those that wanted to stood up the back and everyone else sat. Do we really need to do this AGAIN?

• Options
    Yer fair enough it's been done to death but , it was reserved seating and arguing on saturday so yes there was a problem
  • Options
    edited October 2011

For what it's worth, TCE Is spot on with his approach.

Back to the original incident.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZiL8l9ihyzs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.gmp.police.uk/mainsite/pages/A1873D20934794788025792C002A408C

• Options
    on saturday the problem we had was there wasnt enough seats the stewards were asking people to sit and its obvious if you  aint got a seat you cant sit in it ,but you try telling that to a thick stupid no brainer steward  i had a word with 2 of em over the problem ok  i could av told em in a different manner but for christ sake it aint rocket science ,with that though they told the old bill which to be fair to them they understood what i was saying but it is so annoying that some of these stewards dont use common sense .
  • Options
    Err yes there were enough seats. The problem was some people didn't want to use them so stood elsewhere and so we had a problem. Unreserved seating is the answer but hey ho.
  • Options
    Err yes there were enough seats. The problem was some people didn't want to use them so stood elsewhere and so we had a problem. Unreserved seating is the answer but hey ho.
    well from what i could see plenty of people where  standing because 3 or 4 people  cant sit on 1 seat ,if there was other seats  available elsewhere then the stewards should have used some common sense and moved  people to the seats that were vacant sensible i would say.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

No, just looking to see who's sitting directly behind you is NOT the answer because they then HAVE to stand and so on and so on right to the back of the stand thus spoiling the view of older folks and smaller kids etc that you can't even see many rows further back, it's a domino effect.

Surely you can work that one out guys.

• Options
    the sitting and standing debate will go on and on but if you have to pay £23 to sit in poxy non league ground then surely somebody should organise things properly  ie ground staff etc  and yes i do feel sorry for older people and young kids who cant see i take my little boy to home games and some away games and ive had the problem and it can be annoying  .
  • Options
    I used to always just stand during games unless I remembered to bring my PE Kit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Remove all seats problem solved
  • Options
    well from what i could see plenty of people where  standing because 3 or 4 people  cant sit on 1 seat ,if there was other seats  available elsewhere then the stewards should have used some common sense and moved  people to the seats that were vacant sensible i would say.
    They actually WERE doing that. They put people in seats in front and next to me. Others refused to go and sit where they were told because they wanted to stand at the back even though there was no space for them.

• Options
    They actually WERE doing that. They put people in seats in front and next to me. Others refused to go and sit where they were told because they wanted to stand at the back even though there was no space for them.
    dont get me wrong i they probably  did try and help some people to seated areas  but the 2 i had a go at were total arseholes from the moment  i got in the ground and let me tell you i aint aving any stupid steward talking to me like im  shite because they are wearing a stupid luminous bib. 
  • Options
    I don't buy a seat i buy a ticket to get in and watch my football team and prefer standing up .
    They're sold as tickets for seats.
  • Options

Half the problem was after checking peoples tickets and telling them they had to go and sit in those seats, they knew full well that someone would already be in them.

They spent the whole of half-time trying to make 2 people sit in the correct seats, they bloke said he had no problem going to his correct seat if the steward went and told the people in them to move but the steward refused.

• Options
    I used to always just stand during games unless I remembered to bring my PE Kit
    Very good!
  • Options
    edited October 2011

The Rows were Lettered the seats numbered ......I'm sure tickets weren't duplicated
    A crazy idea but why doesn't everyone take their allocated seat for the one or two games a season where we fill up an end, unfortunately that's not gonna keep everyone happy cos mates wont be able to sit with each other

Imagine if we had proper away support this problem would arise every other week but thankfully we don't and we have a new one to add to why our numbers are so pony compared to our home numbers