Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MAYBE..............................

edited October 2011 in General Charlton

A lot of people on here over reacting, but over reacting for a reason maybe ?

Maybe some people think we are in a false position? Maybe some people think that some players like Stephens, Taylor,  Holland, Wagstaff etc aren't really that great? Maybe some people think that apart from the odd spell we have been playing bad for a while and have been waiting for the wheels to come off. Maybe some people have not been inspired by SCP as much as they would have liked and think his substitutions have been too late and at times wrong. Maybe some people are looking at Huddersfield, Sheff Wed, Notts County etc and thinking we might not be up there !! Those same people would have thought we would get found out with MK Dons and Sheff Unt away in the space of 4 days........

Some people probably think a poor performance this coming Saturday will be the start of a new chapter. A great one and there will be a big sigh of relief.

Maybe? Im not a mind reader, just guessing !!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    it's because i'm a Londoner
  • Options

Stephens, on his day, is a fricking AWESOME player.

We just need him to fnd his day a bit more often

• Options
    We have lost one game thats it one game, over the course of the season i reckon we will lose between 5-8 games everyone should chill out
  • Options

I, for one, am starting to get worried.

We started the season all guns blazing.........scoring goals for fun and most of them in the first half (B'mouth, Colchester). After 3 or 4 games that turned into scoring 1 or 2 goals, mainly in the second half. We then starting letting teams back into games and having to (try) to force the winner (Rochdale, Sheff Wed). That soon turned into letting the opposition score first (Tranmere, MK Dons) and us then grabbing an equaliser - finally it has led ud to letting in the first goal & not managing to get even an equaliser. Notice the pattern ???

So, until we get back to scoring 2 or 3 goals in a game  (we won't get 4 in a game - we don't have that killer instinct) the I feel a nervous period decending upon us. In this division teams are always likely to score and you can't do an Arsenal and win 1-0 . Goals will get you out of this league,

• Options
    I think the team seem to have lost a bit of focus and maybe haven't been concentrating on there game as much as they should have been. Hopefully the rocket they recieved in the changing room after the game will put that right.
  • Options
    This could be the biggest over reaction to a defeat in the history of cafc
  • Options

"Charlton supporters in over reaction SHOCKER"

• Options
    Ive burnt my season ticket..
  • Options
    "GolfAddick down on team at slightest chance, SHOCKER"
  • Options
    It is so funny to watch the whole melt down
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think the main reason for so much disappointment at Saturdays defeat is mainly down to how everyone assumed that we'd somehow managed to pick up all these players over the summer that were footballing gods and will march us on to the premiership, champions league and whatever else we decided to enter.

People must realise that the vast majority of this squad have never played any highr than League1.

Green isn't the new Beckham, neither is Stephens the new Gerrard. I'm not saying that these lads can't go on to play at a higher level but first they must prove themselves as this level. Far too much expectation on this NEW team in my opinion.

There's going to be plenty more downers this season. The test is how they (and the management) respond.
  • Options
    I really don't care if we lose every thirteenth game!