Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston have a massive week

edited October 2011 in General Charlton

with S Unt on wednesday and then Huddersfield next sturday.

Think that will tell us whether they are serious title contenders

Comments

• Options
    Will it though? Look at our games against MK and Sheff Utd and the two subsequent games...
  • Options
    We are serious title contenders as are Preston,huddersfield,Sheff wed and Sheff utd, I will even through mk in there aswell
  • Options
    Think we've seen already that all the teams mentioned above (incuding us) will lose games over the course of the season that, on paper, they should really be winning comfortably. The teams that go up will be the ones who incur the least amount of these so-called upsets, not the head to head games.
  • Options
    But they lost to Walsall.

So are they are bad team now or was it just a bad day at the office.

• Options
    Think Stevenage will prove to be a bit of a bogey side for the "better" sides this season.

Huddersfield have a unbeaten run but lost the only game which mattered.

Don't think we should discount Brentford or Notts County both decent, strong sides who with a bit of luck and confidence could go far.
  • Options
    I like tonight's result
  • Options
    Good result, Preston are on a poor run at the minute. Let's hope we don't do the same!
  • Options
    Sounded as though they were very fragile in defence. 
  • Options
    Matty Phillips could prove to be a very shrewd signing for United. Would of liked to of seen him come here.
  • Options

I wonder if their nut nut fans turned on their manager and started slagging him off at every opportunity?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I wonder if their nut nut fans turned on their manager and started slagging him off at every opportunity?

Their manager is Phil Brown...
  • Options
    Matty Phillips will be recalled at the end of the loan, only gone to Shef to get his confidence back. Shrewd move by Holloway.
  • Options
    Last nights's results shows everybody is vulnerable. So Saturdays result not a disaster. Helps keep things in perspective doesnt it
  • Options
    Preston fans can't believe they still have Hume and wouldn't begrudge him if he moved on to better things in January.
  • Options

The beauty of this league is that anybody can beat anybody. There's always the chance one of our promotion rivals will draw or even lose due to the league's unpredictability.

• Options
    Their biggest challenge is going to be that I'm coming over to the UK that weekend and have tickets for that match.....
  • Options

The beauty of this league is that anybody can beat anybody. There's always the chance one of our promotion rivals will draw or even lose due to the league's unpredictability.

If we got promoted chances are we'd just sit in midtable somewhere. Top of league 1 is exciting.
  • Options

If we got promoted chances are we'd just sit in midtable somewhere. Top of league 1 is exciting.
    The Championship is probably the most unpredictable football league in the world. I can't wait until we're there, I love it! Look at how well Norwich did, how well Brighton and Southampton are doing. With a few good signings, I think we could maybe be in the play-offs, we have a good group of young players. You NEVER know with that league.
  • Options

I'm trying not to think about next season - yet. Hope we pick up our form and trying not to panic as we have had a few off games but are still top.

Better Shef U won I guess as Preston still have a game in hand

• Options

seems very unlikely.  Surely after their long winning run the fans would have see the big picture and stick with the manager
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    9th now. Not looking like challengers for the automatics :-)
  • Options
    Lost a bit of form but can get it back again. We need to focus on us - If we have a good performance against Wycombe we are back on the up. I suspect our players will be wetting themselves with excitement at the prospect of putting a marker down against Preston and Huddersfield at the Valley.