Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It could be my fault if we collapse!

My first born son arrived in 2008 at the beginning of the awful run without a win (Oct 4 - Jan27 in the league, sorry for the reminder). I remember wondering if any other Charlton arrival had presided over such a run from birth! He was nearly 3 months old before we won! Anyway, the second one is due tomorrow, so if it all happens again, I officially hold my hands up! Sorry!

Anyone else think they themselves might be a curse on the team?!!!

Comments

• Options
    If it happens again I'll be straight round your house with a pair of sissors to remove your baby making tackle. ;-)
  • Options
    I think the team's form takes a downturn when Strictly Come Dancing starts. I think the players become unfocused as there are spending all their time wondering who is going to win
  • Options
    I must admit its me...

Everytime I bet on Charlton they never win... in fact it happens to any team I bet on.

First noticed it when I'd been betting on Charlton in our last season in the prem. Been losing money every week and the week I decided not to bet, we beat west ham 4-0. Being disappointed that I hadn't bet, I decided 50 quid on Charlton to win the next game to get some of my money back... they lost.

Following seasons backed them every week and they continued to let me down until last season, I promised not to bet.... missed out on the 14 to 1s to go up... didn't touch them until the Sheffield Wednesday game. Took the little lady for a slap up fry up (I know how to treat a girl) and decided to pop next door to have a little flutter... draw...

Then I put 10 quid on the last two games and look what's happend... sorry!
  • Options
    Congratuations! I hope we have a massive winning streak to mix things up
  • Options
     No,no, don't blame yourself: blame the missus. Hope all goes O'K.
  • Options
    Mortimerwasgod, it isn't your fault - pregnant women send out pheromones that make footballers play badly.  This is a natural part of pregnancy, designed to make the father less interested in football, so that he'll spend more time concentrating on the family.

My wife's pregnant too.
  • Options
    I blame Hollands' triplets....!
  • Options
    Powell is Pleasant, i have already 'agreed' to miss this Saturdays game, c-section scar and other 3 year old to handle. Maybe in my absence the curse will break!
  • Options
    And thanks dizzee and march, and best wishes for PIP's pregnancy too!
  • Options
    I blame the fixtures
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I blame Rooney.

• Options
    Always blame the missus
  • Options
    It's definitely my son... have brought him along 3 time, and we've been trashed 3 times.. First was a pounding by Bristol Rovers at home a couple of years ago (2-4 I think), and latest was the Brentford fiaco...
  • Options
    hes not called Damian is he ?
  • Options

I accidentally hoovered up one of my Charlton socks around the time the dip in form started.  Yesterday I retrieved the sock from the hoover bag and gave it a wash, so perhaps we will be back to winning ways next saturday?

Then again, the fact I mention the original curse on a public forum might itself be a further curse. Either that or it'll just make me seem like a right idiot

• Options
    March 1st is usually the time to fall away
  • Options
    Happy for you Mortimer.. :) My third one is due today too..
  • Options
    I will have to see if the club will sponsor my youngest to come and watch.His only two games have been Carlisle away last season and Sheffield Utd away this season!
  • Options
    bought a season ticket so i could go to stevenage...that game cost me £250!  it is my fault.  Last time i had a season ticket we were pap.
  • Options
    IT COULD BE ME.......but before you blame me could at least ten lifers confirm the poorest games seen since the start 2010-2011 season ie since we beat Bournmouth 1-0 .All will become clear...trust me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Might be down to me, lads....

Was in the Directors' Box ( VIP day) when we dropped our first home points to Scunthorpe & the "posh frock" meant no lucky red shoes or half time apple.

Was in Tenareef   for the Tranmere game ...and had forgotten  to pack the footwear.

And having only returned home the previous evening, totally forgot to take the lucky away banana to Stevenage.

I don't count Cup games or televised ones ( we rarely shine in either)

So, it'll definitely be the peep toe beauties on Saturday ( unless there's snow on the ground) and the juicy Pink Ladies to make their appearance on 45 minutes .

Hope I don't have to resort to plan B......don't ask ! 

• Options
    Saturday was my first game this season.

Normally when I go we draw 1-1. Somebody on our team forgot to score: blame them not me.
  • Options

Was in the Directors' Box ( VIP day) when we dropped our first home points to Scunthorpe & the "posh frock" meant no lucky red shoes or half time apple.

Was in Tenareef   for the Tranmere game ...and had forgotten  to pack the footwear.

And having only returned home the previous evening, totally forgot to take the lucky away banana to Stevenage.

So, it'll definitely be the peep toe beauties on Saturday ( unless there's snow on the ground) and the juicy Pink Ladies to make their appearance on 45 minutes .

No knickers ?
  • Options

No knickers ?
    Saucepot !!
  • Options
    Nah, it was me, as previously posted on Twitter. Friday night I went up the left-hand escalator at Victoria. That's for home wins. Should always be the right-hand escalator when we're away. Then I went home and listened to Lewis Taylor's The Lost Album. First track: Lost.

So it was me.
  • Options
    Second child arrived safely via c-section on Tuesday. Good news, its a girl! Cue the 3 month unbeaten run starting tomorrow, which i will take the credit for!