Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Rules?

Was just wondering, does anybody know if you're aloud to swap an outfield player for your GK?

It happened at my Sunday league match last weekend and the other teams manager really threw his toys out of the pram. 

I would of thought you would be aloud because its only swapping around your playing 11, not making a sub. But I'm not sure and just wondering if anyone knows the actual rule. 

Comments

• Options
    I think there always needs to be a nominated GK on the pitch and they need to be wearing a goalkeeper's kit.
  • Options
    David James came out of goal for Man City a few seasons ago and played up front. I think they brought another keeper on for one of the outfield players.
  • Options
    I would have thought anyone can don the keepers kit, providing they change at an appropriate stop in play?
  • Options
    Crazy is on the ball. You can change your goalkeeper at any stoppage in play. You must have a goalkeeper who is identified by him wearing alternative kit.
  • Options
    played a Sunday game at hall place about four seasons ago, we were playing the league leaders and with 15 mins to go, we stuck it in the net to make it 4-1. With that, one of their midfielders went in goal, the keeper went in midfield, absolutely run the show and before you knew it we were 5-4 down. Couldn't believe it.
  • Options
    ringer
  • Options
    We made the outfield player put on the GK jersy, so couldn't see any problem. 
    But, just tried to do it on fifa 12 and it wouldn't let me, guess thats my answer would of thought it'd be pretty accurate on the rules of the game  
  • Options

From the FIFA "Laws of the Game"

Changing the Goalkeeper

Any of the other players may change places with the goalkeeper, provided that
    + The referee is informed before the change is made
    + The change is made during a stoppage in the match,