Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Les Berry - anyone got a picture they can post up?

edited October 2011 in General Charlton
Am after a classic Les Berry picture - with full tash. If anyone's got one could they post it up please?

(Am in the process of putting together my own "Charlton Top Trumps" for my 8 year old - to teach him a bit of history!)

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    Closet I've got so far is this (rather bizarre) thread on a Rotherham forum! (PS. It is Shane Westley by the way, as the man says)

• Options

http://www.margatefchistory.com/lesberry.shtml

Not brilliant but the tash is clearly there and in its prime!

• Options
  • Options
    Am after a classic Les Berry picture - with full tash. If anyone's got one could they post it up please?

(Am in the process of putting together my own "Charlton Top Trumps" for my 8 year old - to teach him a bit of history!)

Cheers
    Now THAT'S the sort of thing I'd buy from the Superstore.....
  • Options
    er.... actually.....

Off_it could be onto something here

seriously!

I'd buy a set
  • Options
    Best action picture that I can recall of Les Berry appeared on the front cover of the program for a full season in the 70's or 80's. He was heading the ball over the bar in a home game against Spurs and in the background is a packed east stand. It was extremely rare to see so many people in the East stand in those days.
  • Options
    Off_it, patent that right now! Get yourself on Dragons Den!
  • Options
    er.... actually.....

seriously!

I'd buy a set
    me too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm probably being unkind, but there was always something about Les that was vaguely reminiscent of the cat out of Tom & Jerry.

Allan Simonsen's first touch as a Charlton player involved bringing down a long lofted ball from Les ... which he did impeccably.

There in a snapshot, a fusion of class and cartoon hero.
  • Options
    er.... actually.....

seriously!

I'd buy a set
    SNAP!  Oh, no; different game.  But I would buy it.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Cheers for the picture Stig - it comes up alright by the time you shrink it down to fit it on a card sized bit of paper.

This has been a real labour of love of mine these past couple of weeks. I made the mistake of letting slip what I was going to do and he's asked me virtually every day since whether I've finished them yet or not. The time involved to collate all of the stats and then try and find pictures online, Jeez, I'd have been better off just writing a few names and numbers on a bit of paper and ripping it into little bits! And as Adam has proven above (sorry mate), it's not easy to find suitable pictures of some players from days gone by.

Nice idea to patent it and sell them, but I think whoever owns the "Top Trumps" licence would have me over a barrel, as would the people that own the copyright to the pictures I've lifted of the internet!

I'm doing it on an spreadsheet which you can then just print out, so if anyone wants a copy when it's done then whisper me your email address and I'll send you one, gratis. 

Can't promise when though!!!
  • Options
    Didn't they used to do a top trumps game in the programme a few seasons ago?