Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Full backs v Man U

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
My impression from TV was that Ossy did a pretty good job yesterday, and got in a couple of excellent crosses too. Perhaps he has got what it takes - despite lack of power on throw-ins. (Will still be keen to have Luke's experience back though.)

Thought it was Thatcher's poorest performance so far- lost the challenge for the goal, then seemed to look leaden-footed after that - caught out of position several times, and also seemed to only be jogging back to cover. Hope he hasn't got a knock. Perhaps the sunshine in Spain will cheer him up.

Comments

• Options
    Ossy did well yesterday - and he was up against Ryan Giggs for most of the match - but stuck to his task, won his share of tackles, calm distribution and good overlapping. He's gaining in self-confidence with each game and doen't particularly look a weak link these days.

Thatcher was a bit unlucky yesterday. He positioned himself well to cover Boogy, when Boogy went to make the challenge but that deflection on the cross seemed to leave him wrongfooted as Park was able to jump from running in.

Otherwise, I thought Thatcher was fairly solid and workmanlike.
  • Options
    Agreed oggy,I thought Scotty should have come for cross