Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team v Carlisle

edited October 2011 in General Charlton

Think cp needs to bring solly back in at rb this saturday been one of our best players this season, Id like to see hayes back in the side who links up well with bwp, not to sure about green, like to see waggy playing back on the right wing though?

starting line up for saturday hopefully

hamer

solly, morrison, taylor, wiggins

waggy hollands stephens jackson

hayes bwp

thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    will CP have the balls to admit hes fecked up in changing the winning team? think waggy and solly will be back but may keep faith in Kermogrant up top.
  • Options

Solly back in for definite. I'd give Green another go but bring in Hayes for Kermy. Think Hayes is fantastic at bringing the midfield into the attacking part of the pitch. Hollands and Stephens have been bypassed since Kermy has been in the team so hopefully they would benefit as well as Green if we can get it to him in a dangerous area. So...

Hamer

Solly, Morrison, Taylor, Wiggins

Green, Hollands, Stephens, Jackson

Hayes, BWP

Subs: Sullivan, Cort, Evina, Wagstaff, Kermorgant

• Options

Solly back in for definite. I'd give Green another go but bring in Hayes for Kermy. Think Hayes is fantastic at bringing the midfield into the attacking part of the pitch. Hollands and Stephens have been bypassed since Kermy has been in the team so hopefully they would benefit as well as Green if we can get it to him in a dangerous area. So...

Hamer

Solly, Morrison, Taylor, Wiggins

Green, Hollands, Stephens, Jackson

Hayes, BWP

Subs: Sullivan, Cort, Evina, Wagstaff, Kermorgant

This
  • Options
    He's realised the error of his ways by dropping our best RB.

Francis to be re-instated this weekend.
  • Options
    I would seriously consider dropping Taylor for Cort. Having Morrison alongside him doing most of the graft seems to have covered up how average he's played in most games. Can't really comment on Cort, as I've yet to see him in action first hand, but from what those at Saturdays game said, he played well.
  • Options
    He's realised the error of his ways by dropping our best RB.

Francis to be re-instated this weekend.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I would seriously consider dropping Taylor for Cort. Having Morrison alongside him doing most of the graft seems to have covered up how average he's played in most games. Can't really comment on Cort, as I've yet to see him in action first hand, but from what those at Saturdays game said, he played well.
    Wouldn't say Taylor has been average by any means, just think he's gone about his job very well and for that reason nobody's recently noticed him. Not the quickest but haven't seen him miss many headers and will put any part of his body on the line for the team, just ask any Exeter fan and they'll tell you the same. Thought Cort was one of the better players Saturday but that's not saying much. Think he'll go back to the bench though as thought Morro and Taylor were forming a pretty strong partnership. At least if something did happen to one of them we have a very competent one in reserve.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    It's simple really . We need to revert back to type. Solly in , waggy in and Hayes in.
    Use Kermy , Cort and Green as impact players as and when needed.
  • Options
    It wasn't broke why did he tinker ? Don't rate Hayes as a front man & would be very happy to bring in a replacement who can do what he does but who is a natural goalscorer as well, unfortunately players like that are playing in the Championship/Premier so as the best option that we have he should play with kermit on the bench. That way we may get back to playing football rather then hoofball......& of course Solly & Wagstaff should be playing. If Green can't get into the game Wagstaff certainly will. Green on the bench to come on with kermit if we are chasing the game............as I think we will be on saturday. ;-(  
  • Options
    It's simple really . We need to revert back to type. Solly in , waggy in and Hayes in.

totally agree
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hamer
    Solly Taylor Morrison Wiggins
    Green Stephens Hollands Jackson
    BWP Hayes
  • Options
    Hamer
    Solly Taylor Morrison Wiggins

Green Stephens Hollands Jackson

BWP Hayes
    I'd go with that.
  • Options
    Have the people that said they want Green playing gone to the last few games? I'm guessing they haven't.
  • Options
    i want green playing and his crap is slightly better than waggys crap
  • Options
    Green will come good.
  • Options
    Green will come good.
    It's quite likely that he will as he was certainly getting good reviews last season, but right now Wagstaffs workrate would see him ahead of Green for me. Green on the bench but then I thought Waggy was doing his bit for the team & we didn't need to change things.   
  • Options
    Hamer, Solly, Morrison, Taylor, Wiggins, Wagstaff, Stephens, Hollands, Jackson, Hayes and BWP
  • Options
    This.

I think that Taylor is just as good as Morrison. Morrison has more brains but I don't think he'll know how to use them without Taylor next to him. Taylor is a better attacking CB as well. Look how many times he's almost scored.

The team that played vs Bournemouth should be the team to start on Saturday. 
  • Options
    Have the people that said they want Green playing gone to the last few games? I'm guessing they haven't.
    I have actually Mike, still think he should get another start. Love Waggy's workrate but I think by using Hayes to hold the ball up instead of flick it on to nobody then Green may get more of the ball in front of him and I'd rather he's in a good position to cross than Waggy.
  • Options
    People who complain that Green hasn't done anything obviously haven't been watching Waggy...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2011

A team is often greater than the sum of its parts as the great AC demonstrated season after season when he kept us in the Prem.

That said we need to revert to the "partnerships" that served us so well earlier in the season. Wiggins and Jackson, Solly and Wagstaff, Morrison and Taylor, BWP and Hayes. The possible stability gained from those partnerships just MIGHT enable the fifth and final one of Stephens and Hollands to perform again. In my view they were both poor against Tranmere (Hollands marginally better) and by all accounts poor at Stevenage too.

Green and Kermit have contributed positively as impact subs and less effectively when they've started matches so that is how they should be used until others radically under perform and make it necessary to break up the partnerships referred to above.

• Options
    I think Geens lack of games and that virus has been under- played. I would go with Waggy--- Solly and Hayes back in the team. Licked what i saw of Cort but would hope that Morrison and Taylor are back together.

Sullivan Cort Green Kermit Evina   is not a bad subs bench at this level  either.
  • Options
    People who complain that Green hasn't done anything obviously haven't been watching Waggy...
    To be fair both have flattered to deceive at times but results were better when Waggy was playing .
  • Options
    Waggy, along with BWP has been our most dangerous attacking threat this season and we lack pace and penetration without him. Just stick with the usual line up prior to the Tranmere game. It's pretty simple and i expect CP will do that. He couldn't really drop Green and Kermit back to subs straight off but i think two crap games is enough to vindicate it. The same with Cort. He will be needed at some point just as the other two will but lets just get back to what we know works.  
  • Options

hamer

solly, morrison, taylor, wiggins

waggy hollands stephens jackson

hayes bwp

Green to come off the bench and create a goal, which still won't satisfy Mike!
  • Options
    As long as he dosen't start I'm happy. Waggy has done far more than Green this season and definitely deserves to be starting after Greens pathetic efforts last few games. Lets blame the virus he had weeks ago though.
  • Options
     Licked what i saw of Cort
    You're a true fan GH.

In nets it has to be Sullivan, Hamer looks like an accident waiting to 'appen.  Poor communication, some basic errors of judgement and relatively few good moments.

I think I'd play it safe and stick with Morrison and Taylor, although it is a close run thing as Cort was a rare bright spot at Stevenage.  Solly back in the team obviously and Wiggy on the left.

Whacko, Hollands and Stephens is a no brainer in midfield.  I think - somewhat surprisingly - I'd stick with Green on the right, despite not being the type that demands our home grown products are dropped in favour of signings that I know little about.  Yes, he's been awful and lacks Waggy's energy, but a home fixture might better suit his more positive play.  He's had a couple of games now, so there should be no excuses for another poor showing.

Up front we've got options.  Would probably go with Hayes as Kermy has had a couple of moderate displays.  And BWP, of course.

• Options
                                 Sullivan

Solly          Morrison          Taylor         Wiggins

Green        Hollands           Stephens      Jackson

Hayes                BWP  

I would like to see how Evina does Left midfield.

Also if we are loosing and things are getting desperate Kermit would be great to bring on as we could hoof the ball up to him quickly.   
  • Options
    Sullivan

Solly Morro Cort Wiggins
    Green Hollands Jackson Evina
    Wagstaff Hayes

Subs Hamer, Taylor, Stephans, BWP, Kermit
  • Options
    Sullivan Solly Morro Cort Wiggins Green Hollands Jackson Evina Wagstaff Hayes Subs Hamer, Taylor, Stephans, BWP, Kermit
    Wow that's some tinkering! Dont think Stephens should be dropped. If he gets the ball in their half then he can play a ball that no one else can in the team. As for this all of a sudden Sullivan loving (the last couple of posts), I think he's a good number 2 but Hamer all day for me. Much better distribution, bit dodgy from crossing but think he's the better keeper.