Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs. Carlisle | 22nd October 2011 | Match Preview, Predictions, News and Views

WSSWSS
edited October 2011 in General Charlton

A surprising, but paradoxically unsurprising defeat to League One new boys Stevenage last week saw the Addicks suffer their first league reverse at the 13th time of asking.  That being said, Charlton remain at the summit of the third tier and on course to make a return to the Championship.  There are concerns though.

Recent games have suggested that the level of urgency amongst the players has slightly dropped from the pulsating levels we experienced earlier on in the season and Chris Powell seems to have suddenly developed a twitch when compiling his teamsheet ahead of games.  The introductions of Green and Kermongant after impressive substitute cameos have failed to deliver similar results when they are on the pitch from the first minute and come Saturday, Chris Powell may revert to type which proved so successful in the opening ten games of the season.

The Charlton Lifers have started debating the team in earnest here, but it would be remiss for Preview Towers to not comment on the team at all so here we go:  Solly will be back at right back, Green will remain on the wing and Hayes will be reinstated up top to give the support BWP seems to strive and excel with.

Getting back on track is important – a cluster of teams are bunching up behind the Addicks all with one aim – let’s hope we remain in pole position come the end of play Saturday. We will. 2-0.

Come on you reds.

Comments

• Options
    Big kick up the arse needed rivals closing in, early goal and a nice 3 1 win, back on track another run on the cards top and 5 points clear at xmas.
  • Options
    2-1 Charlton bwp stephens back to winning ways, Come on you reds
  • Options

Agree with the changes to the team.

Don't want to be pessimistic but fear another 1-0 reverse.

Crowd needs to do their bit.

• Options
    Charlton 1 Carlise 2............Another wheel falls off the bus.
  • Options
    Blimey.. Everyone turns up negative on sat will filter on to the pitch come on everyone cheer up!
  • Options
    3rd game of my three games without a win prediction. We wont win. Powell will be stubborn and the only change will be Solly for Cort.

Crowd dips back to 14k ish. More atmosphere on the moon.

0-0 and 1 goal in 360 mins.

• Options

As stated in preview, Solly in for Cort, Hayes back in for Kermo but Green retaining his place would be ideal. Never sure what to expect on the back of a dodgy result, but I think Carlisle will show more attacking ambition than Tranmere and Stevenage, which should be to our advantage.

3 - 1 would be nice.

• Options
    I had a vision  that we would win this won 4 nil, but in reality it will be another tough game. Being top brings added expectation and Charlton never do well when there's added pressure on us.

Don't think Carlisle are as physical as Tranmere or Stevenage so that should be good news for us.

I predict a 2-0 win nothing spectacular, Solly and Hayes back in for me, Waggy and Green toss a coin.
  • Options
    im predicting a nervy 2-1 win after going 1-0 down. 
    taylor with the equaliser while bwp gives us a 90th min life saver. 

COYR. 
  • Options

Need a win and should manage it. Hopeful that CP will re-instate our successful starting 11.

Crowd needs to get behind the team - we're not at the training during the week so we have to trust that whoever pulls on the shirt deserves to wear it.

COYR!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 nil.

Nailed on fact.

I've been wanting to say that for ages.
  • Options
    Solly and Hayes to return, someone deserves a tonking, Carlisle brought down to earth, 5-1
  • Options
    Carlisle's away record is 4-2-1. A low scoring draw looks likely for me, hope I'm wrong. If not, whoever comes out making it obvious how much they want it, will win. Might be time for teacups !
  • Options
    3-1 after conceding to a set piece.
    Or a deflection.

I predict a dreadful performance from the ref and his ass istants
  • Options
    2-0 to us with Taylor scoring a header in the 1st half. A nervy second half display see's Charlton penned back into their own half after a lot of Carlisle pressure but BWP scores on the counter attack to wrap it up.  
  • Options
    3-1 loss, another load of rubbish
  • Options
    0-2 Carlisle
  • Options
    Jesus
  • Options
    No changes 2-0 loss back to the winners 2-0 win
  • Options
    6-1 win
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    back to the normal starters.
    2-0 loss
    everyone clueless
    powell gives up
    charlton league 2

We will win 2-1 on Saturday.
  • Options
    Solly and Wagstaff on the right, adds pace, width, penetration and combination play. If CP decides to choose Cort over Morrison that's his perogative, as is Kermit over Hayes. However the new additions need to fit into the pattern of play, not change it.

I'll settle for 11 players selected in their normal positions and a scruffy home win. We need to get back to basics, with a balanced line-up and play to our strengths. Get into BWP to feet, in and around the box. Stop asking him to chase long balls played into space.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    2-0

Bradders and Cort from a corner, or a corner-like cross into the box from Green.  Or Waggy.  Or Jacko.

or Hamer for that matter I don't give a toss....
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Solly will be back at right back, Green will remain on the wing and Hayes will be reinstated up top to give the support BWP seems to strive and excel with.
    WSS is usually right on things (he has a v well-placed source).

If he is right again,  as I am sure he is, I really feel for Wagstaff. He's done nothing wrong and has played really well every time I've seen him. Plus I think the partnership with Solly down that flank can be quite special.

Anyway, if CP  restores Hayes and Solly,  that should be enough for a 2-0 Chalton win. But I'd love to see Waggy come off the bench to make it 3-0!
  • Options
    I expect a huge bounce back after the Stevenage debacle.

Convincing 3-0 home win with dancing in Floyd Road and extra brown sauce on my burger.

BWP relocates his scoring boots to complete a fine hat-trick.
  • Options

Agree with WSS's  team selection and Green will do well with Hayes on the pitch.   Shame for Waggy but can't see Powell reverting back to the pre-tranmere team in one move.

Tough game but we will win 1 - 0.  Huddersfield will lose.

• Options
    Thumping great win.
  • Options
    No inside information from my point of view by the way. Just trying to think through it logically.

I'm a big Wagstaff fan and think he should be playing, yet the quality of Green is there, the investment is there and he'll be given the chance in my opinion.
  • Options

chuff 2-0 win

even just trying to get out of this pisspot pub league is painful and we're top

ONE AIM

• Options

Have to say I agree. Lets just say that I have a pretty horrible Sunday coming up for personal reasons and I need a CAFC win so so much to keep my spirits up.

Cue Charlton to let me down in a big way. We havent played well since Bramall Lane.